GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

In summing up today, Judge Wilson asked Ms Davenport if the idea of mental impairment will be an item here, so that she could discuss this with the jury, and Ms Davenport said “no”.

I heard on Triple J news a little while ago that he was cross examined for almost the whole day. It sounds as if you were able to attend today? A lot must have been discussed.

Again, IMO, this is what really happened. IMO he drugged her, sexually assaulted her, and then he killed her.

Yes, I agree. There is every indication that is what happened. The distraught police officers who may have needed counselling, being shot in the back then being shot in the face. "She was in my bedroom". No underpants. His later charges for looking at sexual child images.

imo

"In phone recordings played to the court, Stein told his mother that Charlise was shot in the "wee hours" of Thursday morning on January 13, despite him testifying in court that she was shot shortly after 9pm the previous day.

Today, crown prosecutor Ken McKay SC suggested Stein changed his version of events after reading a police brief of evidence contradicting his timeline."

Yes, I agree. There is every indication that is what happened. The distraught police officers who may have needed counselling, being shot in the back then being shot in the face. "She was in my bedroom". No underpants. His later charges for looking at sexual child images.

imo
It does not fit at all with his version, saying her mum shot her. She'd still be wearing undies if that was the case. :(

In summing up today, Judge Wilson asked Ms Davenport if the idea of mental impairment will be an item here, so that she could discuss this with the jury, and Ms Davenport said “no”.
So does that mean she is still clinging to hopes the jury will believe his stupid version of the murder? Otherwise I'd think she'd want to mitigate somewhat by explaining his mental health issues, etc.

It does not fit at all with his version, saying her mum shot her. She'd still be wearing undies if that was the case. :(

Sadly, I also think the shot in the lower back and in the face may have been (successful?) strategic attempts to destroy his own DNA and other evidence, from molesting Charlise.

Last edited:
So does that mean she is still clinging to hopes the jury will believe his stupid version of the murder? Otherwise I'd think she'd want to mitigate somewhat by explaining his mental health issues, etc.

Maybe she secretly hopes he will get a life sentence.

I posted a quote in one of the threads recently that most people try to plead innocence to their lawyer, but their lawyer knows. They just can't hear about their client's guilt from their client and then try to have them acquitted. It goes against legal ethics.

imo

I heard on Triple J news a little while ago that he was cross examined for almost the whole day. It sounds as if you were able to attend today? A lot must have been discussed.
Yes, I did manage to attend court today, and Stein was questioned all day. He was questioned about his Police statements and he kept on saying they were lies and also saying that he did not shoot Charlise. I did get tangled up in the Crown questioning him which jumped from one topic to another, obviously aimed to totally confuse and bewilder Stein, but it totally lost me!!

Today the subjects Stein was question on were so diverse. There was a question about if Stein searched for Charlise at Wildenstein, and Steun said that Charlise had been given instructions that if she ever felt scared, to go to “the safe room”. So when Stein looked for her he said he looked in the “safe room” and he said that strangely it was locked whereas it was not locked when he last checked, but Charlise was not in there.

It was mentioned today that when Kallista took his car, she apparently did damage to his Ute by hitting a tree.

Apparently when Kallista was in the stand the other day, she stated that Stein smashed her mobile phone, so when she did ring the hospitals, she used Stein’s landline.

Today was a day of Stein constantly denying that he shot Charlise, and denying that he gave Charlise his anti-schizophrenic medication.

I did get a chance to chat to the lovely Leonie Ryan from Channel 7 News, who informed me that the journalists are all able to dial into the trial rather than having to go to court face to face.

IMHO

Yes, I did manage to attend court today, and Stein was questioned all day. He was questioned about his Police statements and he kept on saying they were lies and also saying that he did not shoot Charlise. I did get tangled up in the Crown questioning him which jumped from one topic to another, obviously aimed to totally confuse and bewilder Stein, but it totally lost me!!

Today the subjects Stein was question on were so diverse. There was a question about if Stein searched for Charlise at Wildenstein, and Steun said that Charlise had been given instructions that if she ever felt scared, to go to “the safe room”. So when Stein looked for her he said he looked in the “safe room” and he said that strangely it was locked whereas it was not locked when he last checked, but Charlise was not in there.

It was mentioned today that when Kallista took his car, she apparently did damage to his Ute by hitting a tree.

Apparently when Kallista was in the stand the other day, she stated that Stein smashed her mobile phone, so when she did ring the hospitals, she used Stein’s landline.

Today was a day of Stein constantly denying that he shot Charlise, and denying that he gave Charlise his anti-schizophrenic medication.

I did get a chance to chat to the lovely Leonie Ryan from Channel 7 News, who informed me that the journalists are all able to dial into the trial rather than having to go to court face to face.

IMHO

Thanks for that, Marg. He smashed her phone! Geez, we sure are missing some salient points from the journos.

Something I was wondering about, which I re-read the other day, was the vehicle with its lights off that a neighbour saw leaving Wilderstein very early in the morning of when Charlise was murdered. IIRC it was at about 4am.

ETA: No, I just found the link again. It was at about 4:30am. And I actually think it might be related to him driving to Penrith to be interviewed by the police. Not sure. Link

Last edited:
There was a question about if Stein searched for Charlise at Wildenstein, and Steun said that Charlise had been given instructions that if she ever felt scared, to go to “the safe room”. So when Stein looked for her he said he looked in the “safe room” and he said that strangely it was locked whereas it was not locked when he last checked, but Charlise was not in there.

I don’t understand why he would have been looking for her if he’d seen her lying dead on the ground after being shot by her mother.. unless he happened to be talking about a different occasion.. :confused:

Thanks for that, Marg. He smashed her phone! Geez, we sure are missing some salient points from the journos.

Something I was wondering about, which I re-read the other day, was the vehicle with its lights off that a neighbour saw leaving Wilderstein very early in the morning of when Charlise was murdered. IIRC it was at about 4am.

ETA: No, I just found the link again. It was at about 4:30am. And I actually think it might be related to him driving to Penrith to be interviewed by the police. Not sure. Link
On the Friday. Could it have been Kallista on the Saturday? . . . I'm mixed up with the days. Anyway, the day they had all the conflict and K took his car.

Yes I remember the vehicle was seen without lights early that morning, and that was not discussed today. As you mention SA, a lot of salient points are definately not being reported on.

Today the court was shown an extended version of Stein arriving at the 7 Eleven petrol station. It was clear there was no one in the passenger seat (a lot of us originally thought that we could see someone there). The video showed Stein emerge from the shop of the petrol station with a drink and then walk around the back of his Ute and around to the passenger side of the Ute tray, and put his drink down and do something in the back of the ute. Mr McKay suggested to Stein that he checked/tightened the ratchet straps that he used to secure the barrel under the blue tarp. Stein said he couldn’t remember what he was doing.

Stein claimed that Kallista rang him when he was just leaving Bunnings to tell him that he had Charlise with him. To which he had pretended in his Police statement that he was astounded… he couldn’t believe it.

Mr McKay questioned Stein in that once he left Bunnings, his next stop was the 7 Eleven petrol station, and he did not act as if he needed to check the barrel, seeing as he claimed that Kallista just dropped a bombshell on him regarding Charlise being with him. Stein just said he didn’t remember.

IMHO

When he is inevitably found guilty (IMO), I wonder how his mother will react - will she decline to comment, or launch into a rant of some sort? Regardless of her likeability, she is entitled to our sympathy.
I thought South Aussie was talking about his mother at first . . . with her secret hope.

I’d like to know if Charlise was wearing the same clothes she had on when she left the caravan park with Stein or something different.. I feel like that could possibly give an indication of whether she made it to the next day or was killed that same night. I really don’t think she was alive by the 12th.

I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for the lack of underwear.. I know some people/kids don’t wear any under pjs but from the earlier reporting it doesn’t sound like she was dressed in pjs when she was found. Ugh :(

imo
Neither Stein nor Kallista had any idea what little Charlise was wearing!

This article says that Stein arrived home at the property at 4:26am on the 14th, a few hours before Kallista called the police. I’m pretty sure this is what the neighbour saw - or at least what the police have put together regarding his movements that night, and assuming they also had a timeline from KMs statements.

We are talking about a continual stream of lies….
Did you get the sense that he was even remotely credible? Is it likely that anyone would believe his stories other than his mum?

It’s so hard to determine from the media reports how good a case the prosecution has made so I’m just hopeful the jury has seen through all of the rubbish and will make the right call. I feel a little nervous that they’re about to wrap it up and let the deliberations happen tbh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back