Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we don't know yet how experienced of a boatie he is & did he live in the Blue Mountains all of the time?

What time of the day did he try and put the boat into the water? At busy times when boat ramps are busy with boats lined up to get into the water it can be tricky trying to do the whole launching & driving your car back to a car park process by yourself, but if it was early hours of the morning or late at night, a quieter time perhaps, it isn't hard for one person to do it all themselves.

IMO
Surely they must have CCTV or eye-witness account of him trying to launch boat, or they wouldn't know that it didn't start. Unless he is talking.

I am not sure that he is an experienced boater though. The Blue Mountains is not coastal.

Not coastal but there are several large rivers around.

If he’d got the boat going it might’ve been a different story.

Oh the frustration, confusion, fear and the cunning that landed him back at Colo bridge.

Surely they must have CCTV or eye-witness account of him trying to launch boat, or they wouldn't know that it didn't start. Unless he is talking.
hmm I don't know Spiralscientist, perhaps they have no CCTV, no eyewitnesses, they may just have had GPS coordinates only or yes, he might have gotten chatty?

IMO

Not coastal but there are several large rivers around.

If he’d got the boat going it might’ve been a different story.

Oh the frustration, confusion, fear and the cunning that landed him back at Colo bridge.
The Hawkesbury is a long way away and the Colo River is in most parts not much more than a stream.

Oh i have a few ideas but unless i know if JS acted alone or not , those ideas would be speculation only ,

IF he acted alone and KM returned home and asked where she was he could have told her she ran off / or he wasn't sure or didn't know and they both searched all day for example . of course if she didn't know what happened she would be beside herself i would imagine , panicked , distraught confused and conflicted . At this point hoping she can find her because the alternative of her just being missing (let alone murdered ) is unthinkable by itself with her history (and his ) of course he may have told her at this point but maybe not .

it seems the probability of finding Elise by Friday was way beyond any reasoning to not call the police and the choice was made as the last resort because of the Chaos that would have ensued in between 10 am Wednesday and 8;20 am Friday she has NO choice at this juncture .

As far as an idea if she did know before or indeed after the fact is another 2 stories .
I agree, Centred, that it’s plausible that KM wasn’t involved.

I wonder if KM left her in JS’s care for longer than we are assuming? Maybe until Friday morning? 10am Wednesday could instead be the time at which JS was seen on CCTV getting the boat from the property and trying to execute the initial plan. Then Thursday could have been spent on the revised plan, and all the while KM is in Sydney for work, being told that CM and JS are having a good time together. JMO obviously - pure speculation

I am just wondering if you were you able to find the mention of eyewitnesses in the presser?
I haven't had a chance to re-listen to it myself. I just can't recall hearing that during the couple of times that I have listened to it.

(I guess the neighbour seeing the car leave with no headlights on might be one eyewitness.)

I had thought police referenced 'eyewitnesses' in their press conference - I now can't find a working link to the full conference, does anyone have one?

I wonder if KM left her in JS’s care for longer than we are assuming? Maybe until Friday morning? 10am Wednesday could instead be the time at which JS was seen on CCTV getting the boat from the property and trying to execute the initial plan. Then Thursday could have been spent on the revised plan, and all the while KM is in Sydney for work, being told that CM and JS are having a good time together. JMO obviously - pure speculation
Do hairdressers usually work overnight shifts?

Oh i have a few ideas but unless i know if JS acted alone or not , those ideas would be speculation only ,

IF he acted alone and KM returned home and asked where she was he could have told her she ran off / or he wasn't sure or didn't know and they both searched all day for example . of course if she didn't know what happened she would be beside herself i would imagine , panicked , distraught confused and conflicted . At this point hoping she can find her because the alternative of her just being missing (let alone murdered ) is unthinkable by itself with her history (and his ) of course he may have told her at this point but maybe not .

it seems the probability of finding Elise by Friday was way beyond any reasoning to not call the police and the choice was made as the last resort because of the Chaos that would have ensued in between 10 am Wednesday and 8;20 am Friday she has NO choice at this juncture .

As far as an idea if she did know before or indeed after the fact is another 2 stories .

IF he acted alone and KM returned home and asked where she was he could have told her she ran off / or he wasn't sure or didn't know and they both searched all day for example .
OK, if they 'searched' all day, it would then only be Wednesday night. So why wouldn't KM call for help searching by then? It would have been almost 40 hours since she had seen her child.

of course if she didn't know what happened she would be beside herself i would imagine , panicked , distraught confused and conflicted . At this point hoping she can find her because the alternative of her just being missing (let alone murdered ) is unthinkable by itself with her history (and his ) of course he may have told her at this point but maybe not .

It seems highly improbable that at this point, Wednesday night, she would go to sleep without calling 000, UNLESS she already knew something about what really happened.

I cannot believe that she would accept an explanation like 'C ran off'---and KM would then just search all day and then go to sleep, as if she could just try again the next day.

So KM let 48 hours go by, without calling for help in finding her daughter, and that makes sense? I just cAnnot accept that reasoning at all. I don't care what kind of explanation her fiancé' gave---

Its possible the time frame she came back might be different . i was under the impression LE claimed the time frame for death was within this 15 hours so from 7 pm to 10 am is that window .

I was also under the impression JS and CM were at the estate at this time alone > i can only guess
LE are using this time frame for a reason and as it is not connected to the 5 hours they traced and tracked his movements on the Thursday .

So he either told them KM left at 7 or KM managed to tell them at least the time she last saw her and perhaps the time she got home .

They are the only ones with this information as far as LE know .

She would leave her little girl with him from Tuesday morning until Friday morning, <modsnip: Sleuthing mom is not allowed>? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But if she did, wouldn't she call her girl at least once to see how things were going?

When he called KM on Thursday, wouldn't mum ask to speak to her daughter since she hadn't seen her for a few days?

Also, if he was trying to sell the notion that he and the child were having a great time in the mountains, going boating etc, wouldn't mum expect to be texted a picture or two, showing a smiling girl here and there?

Last edited by a moderator:
<RSBM>

So he either told them KM left at 7 or KM managed to tell them at least the time she last saw her and perhaps the time she got home .

They are the only ones with this information as far as LE know .

Someone earlier had mentioned another option.

Grandma might have spoken with the young girl on the phone at 7pm on Tuesday. And grandma might have called again at 10am on Wednesday, and she was unable to speak with her.
(And possibly couldn't speak with her a few times after that also, depending what excuse she was told).

There was mention in earlier articles that grandma had posted about feeling a little anxious (or words to that effect).
They might have set up a phone routine, but then the routine fell apart.

(Just another possibility.)

imo

OK, if they 'searched' all day, it would then only be Wednesday night. So why wouldn't KM call for help searching by then? It would have been almost 40 hours since she had seen her child.

It seems highly improbable that at this point, Wednesday night, she would go to sleep without calling 000, UNLESS she already knew something about what really happened.

I cannot believe that she would accept an explanation like 'C ran off'---and KM would then just search all day and then go to sleep, as if she could just try again the next day.

So KM let 48 hours go by, without calling for help in finding her daughter, and that makes sense? I just cAnnot accept that reasoning at all. I don't care what kind of explanation her fiancé' gave---

yes i understand Katy As i said by Friday it was way beyond any sort reasoning .

Reasonable people very rarely behave in this way so IMO there is very little point in expecting any reason

She would leave her little girl with him from Tuesday morning until Friday morning<modsnip: Sleuthing mom is not allowed>? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But if she did, wouldn't she call her girl at least once to see how things were going?

When he called KM on Thursday, wouldn't mum ask to speak to her daughter since she hadn't seen her for a few days?

Also, if he was trying to sell the notion that he and the child were having a great time in the mountains, going boating etc, wouldn't mum expect to be texted a picture or two, showing a smiling girl here and there?

I hear ya - everything you’ve said makes sense. I guess I’m suffering from a bit of confirmation bias perhaps? <modsnip> :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hawkesbury is a long way away and the Colo River is in most parts not much more than a stream.

From Mt Wilson to Sydney you must drive over the Hawkesbury River at North Richmond and close proximity again at Windsor.
The Hawkesbury and Colo Rivers are quite swollen at the moment with the amount of rain we’ve had.

The Colo River is a large river imho.

04600052-B6D9-4DA8-BF13-5DC8E80C2CF5.jpeg
This is where the Colo and the Hawkesbury Rivers meet at Lower Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch