Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier had mentioned another option.

Grandma might have spoken with the young girl on the phone at 7pm on Tuesday. And grandma might have called again at 10am on Wednesday, and she was unable to speak with her.
(And possibly couldn't speak with her a few times after that also, depending what excuse she was told).

There was mention in earlier articles that grandma had posted about feeling a little anxious (or words to that effect).
They might have set up a phone routine, but then the routine fell apart.

(Just another possibility.)

imo
That theory, about Grandma checking in makes total sense to me. I know I would be, if it was my grand baby.

I wonder what numbers Grandma has? She has KM's I am sure. But I wonder if she had JS's as well?

The complicated part would be that JS was allegedly caring for the child. Was Grandma calling KM to speak to CM, and getting excuses for why she couldn't? I doubt that KM would want to tell Grandma that CM was back in the mountains with JS, while she was at work hours away.

I hear ya - everything you’ve said makes sense. I guess I’m suffering from a bit of confirmation bias perhaps? <modsnip> :(
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped> I just wonder if , at some point, she began to question reality because his explanations were making no sense and she hadn't spoken to or seen her daughter. But at that point, she was already in over her head. And was terrified on so many levels. Terrified for her child, and for her own safety and worried she'd be arrested too. So she just checked out emotionally perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
From Mt Wilson to Sydney you must drive over the Hawkesbury River at North Richmond and close proximity again at Windsor.
The Hawkesbury and Colo Rivers are quite swollen at the moment with the amount of rain we’ve had.

The Colo River is a large river imho.

View attachment 330609
This is where the Colo and the Hawkesbury Rivers meet at Lower Portland.
They are not boatable rivers at that juncture, but you would know more than me who lives in the area.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I think it is speculation but based upon LE saying that she left the child in JS's care. So it seems to logically follow that KM must have had somewhere she had to be, where she wouldn't take her girl along. Work seems like a possible scenario/

But it is speculation.

The Hawkesbury is a long way away and the Colo River is in most parts not much more than a stream.

The Colo River actually flows into the Hawkesbury River. It's not a small river either IMO.

The river flows eastwards and then south through a deep gorge in the northern Blue Mountains and ultimately ends at the point at which it flows into the Hawkesbury river at Lower Portland.

About - Colo River

From Mt Wilson to Sydney you must drive over the Hawkesbury River at North Richmond and close proximity again at Windsor.
The Hawkesbury and Colo Rivers are quite swollen at the moment with the amount of rain we’ve had.

The Colo River is a large river imho.

View attachment 330609
This is where the Colo and the Hawkesbury Rivers meet at Lower Portland.
Thanks, tgy, good to have the local knowledge.

The Hawkesbury is a long way away and the Colo River is in most parts not much more than a stream.
It's not that far by boat from Windsor boat ramp to the Colo river (depending on the boat). The Colo river is quite a significant river where it meets the Hawkesbury. Big enough for quite large boats to navigate. As you get further to Upper Colo it becomes a stream.

I am just wondering if you were you able to find the mention of eyewitnesses in the presser?
I haven't had a chance to re-listen to it myself. I just can't recall hearing that during the couple of times that I have listened to it.

(I guess the neighbour seeing the car leave with no headlights on might be one eyewitness.)

So it wasn't in the press conference but I knew I had heard it somewhere - it was on Ray Hadley 2GB (I sometimes listen to their bulletins - not my usual preferred station!!), about 2 hours before the police conference took place - he speaks about it in the first couple of minutes of his show here:

The Ray Hadley Morning Show - Full Show, January 19th - 2GB

He states that information has come from police: "I've just been given some news which I have to share with you unfortunately. I've just confirmed as I came on air with NSW Police" - whether or not the ensuing DETAIL was confirmed I suppose is up in the air....

The transcript of the ensuing description is:

"...the barrel was on dry ground in the scrub, it was dense scrub, it appeared according to eyewitnesses it was being dragged towards the river. Because of the dense scrub attempts to take the barrel to the river were unsuccessful."

It's not that far by boat from Windsor boat ramp to the Colo river (depending on the boat). The Colo river is quite a significant river where it meets the Hawkesbury. Big enough for quite large boats to navigate. As you get further to Upper Colo it becomes a stream.
Not in my local experience.

How do we know KS was " away at work", have I missed something ???

We don't really know that she was "away at work" we have been told that she left C in the care of JS as per my paraphrase of a DT article (below).

Paraphrasing from above article:

The accused drove around Sydney for 5 hours with CM's body in the back of the boat.

Detectives believe that the mother left CM in the care of the accused last Tuesday night at the Blue Mountains property.

They've only had a brief conversation with the mother so far.

He allegedly left the barrel in dense bushland

Mother made the 000 call at 8.20am Friday

I think the rest we already know.

ETA: Just to include the link of the paywalled article.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

I just wonder if , at some point, she began to question reality because his explanations were making no sense and she hadn't spoken to or seen her daughter. But at that point, she was already in over her head. And was terrified on so many levels. Terrified for her child, and for her own safety and worried she'd be arrested too. So she just checked out emotionally perhaps?

Oh she no doubt checked out alright hence being checked into hospital !

We don't really know that she was "away at work" we have been told that she left C in the care of JS as per my paraphrase of a DT article (below).

ETA: Just to include the link of the paywalled article.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
Thank you Sleep

Where did this story come from that KM was at work i wonder ?? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads