Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if everyone in the area was asleep? By the time the shot was fired no one would know what woke them up.
The possibilities are endless, someone using a chainsaw close by or loud farm machinery operating at the same time might cover up the noise too. If a gun is fired at point-blank, it doesn't make a lot of noise, either.

What all meth heads and tweakers do. Drive and drive and drive and drive, thinking of a plan, talking to himself, trying to execute, fail, plan B, fail, plan C, rinse, repeat, wire up again and again until he accomplished his dirty deed. I just hope something didn’t happen that left her in such a dire condition waiting for her to pass on her own - leaving him no way out but to complete his mission. Thus, the gun…
It makes me wonder why it was said in the press conference that they still await DNA to confirm it is CM, even though they are sure. It would seem they aren't able to ask relatives to identify CM..... my heart breaks to think of what damage was done to her. I wonder if her body was not able to be identified in the usual way.

With the lay of the land at MT Wilson .. valleys and gully’s and surrounding mountains.. any noise such as gunshots are heard for miles around at night.. I live in the upper blue mountains and even a backfiring car can be heard .. so a gunshots sound would definitely travel IMO
It'd be extremely helpful if someone heard it and reports it to the police, it will give a time of death. I live in the upper mountains too, and it's not unusual to hear shooting at night, and probably on occasions it was a backfiring vehicle.
No one bats an eyelid, unfortunately. Lets hope not in this instance.

It makes me wonder why it was said in the press conference that they still await DNA to confirm it is CM, even though they are sure. It would seem they aren't able to ask relatives to identify CM..... my heart breaks to think of what damage was done to her. I wonder if her body was not able to be identified in the usual way.
Yes I also find it horrifying. I have a sense more is to come and I pity the poor professionals dealing with this case

It'd be extremely helpful if someone heard it and reports it to the police, it will give a time of death. I live in the upper mountains too, and it's not unusual to hear shooting at night, and probably on occasions it was a backfiring vehicle.
No one bats an eyelid, unfortunately. Lets hope not in this instance.
Too true. I was horse riding in a group with my daughter earlier last year when we heard multiple gunshots in the valley we were in, close by as well and no one really cared, just part and parcel of where we were.

"After leaving the Colo River that item (tarp covered barrel) was not on the ute when it stopped at another service station at Bells Road, Kurmond"

"CM's mother has been reinterviewed. She provided a formal statement last Friday. She's in alternative accommodation after leaving medical care. The formal statement at this stage corroborates the original statement she provided. We are treating her as a witness. There is no evidence at this stage that puts her at the property at the time of the murder."
(at around 8:20 in the presser)

"We've got a large number of police who are highly motivated. You don't get much more motivated than in the murder of a 9 year old."

"Small caliber firearm."

DS Doherty's strong words about getting justice for CM is truly awe inspiring!

I wonder what the hold up is with the DNA. Maybe there is not a rush on it, as they 'know' the deceased child is CM. She is/was missing, what other child would be in the barrel in the back of the ute.

I wonder if they possibly don't have a good sample to match up (yet). If CM's toothbrush/hairbrush/sunhat went missing or everything was washed in bleach. He had 1½-2 days for clean up.

Or perhaps the labs are really backed up due to mass covid testing, people sick with covid, people isolating as close contacts.

I wonder what the hold up is with the DNA. Maybe there is not a rush on it, as they 'know' the deceased child is CM. She is/was missing, what other child would be in the barrel in the back of the ute.

I wonder if they possibly don't have a good sample to match up (yet). If CM's toothbrush/hairbrush/sunhat went missing or everything was washed in bleach. He had 1½-2 days for clean up.

Or perhaps the labs are really backed up due to mass covid testing, people sick with covid, people isolating as close contacts.

Could have taken a while to get KM's DNA to match while she was in hospital. I don't think Dr's can take it without permission.

Small calibre gunshots, using potentially subsonic ammunition, aren't very loud.
A single 22 calibre gunshot in the middle of a rural area with the normal sounds of daily life (and wildlife) happening all around... it might easily be missed.

Suppressors are available in Australia with the correct permits, but those permits are almost impossible to acquire (you need to hunt for a living, basically).
Homemade suppressors and other noise abating methods are an option, but like I said above, small calibre subsonic ammunition is already very quiet.

If he went to all these means for her body to elude detection - I deduce her body would also be unidentifiable if ever found. Facial recognition is invaluable in identifying remains… Man, oh man, that was tough to type. Gonna take a breath…

Has anyone thought of the possible motive for the accused killing CM being that KM may have wanted her daughter to live with them after they married and live happily ever after as a family but JS did not want CM and that’s why they may have had a fight and broken up? This break up seems sudden after KM boasted about the relationship, the way JS treats her so well and posted about marrying in the little church on the premises.

In the presser, he says KM's formal statement was made last Friday, at this stage it corroborates her initial statement she gave them.
KM was at the caravan Tuesday night, not at Mt Wilson.
KM's original version changed a little bit, there were a number of versions of time frames.
Not sure if he meant corroborates or corresponds to. If the latter, I find what he's saying somewhat contradictory, especially if the change in time frames was (a) KM last saw CM on Thursday afternoon, (b) KM hadn't seen CM since Tuesday. That's more than a little bit of a change.

If he went to all these means for her body to elude detection - I deduce her body would also be unidentifiable if ever found. Facial recognition is invaluable in identifying remains… Man, oh man, that was tough to type. Gonna take a breath…

It is a really, really tough scenario. So much we are all thinking and struggling to say.

The true grit on DS Doherty's face as he did the presser. His repeated statement of acting with sensitivity, that the media need to act with sensitivity. That it is devastating and unimaginable ... egregious.

I don't think we would have heard all we heard today if they didn't want that firearm so much.

Has anyone thought of the possible motive for the accused killing CM being that KM may have wanted her daughter to live with them after they married and live happily ever after as a family but JS did not want CM and that’s why they may have had a fight and broken up? This break up seems sudden after KM boasted about the relationship, the way JS treats her so well and posted about marrying in the little church on the premises.

I don't think we have any MSM information that they had broken up? Unless I missed it.

Had they actually broken up, if so a link about it would be handy. Or was that merely conjecture by a member?

Authorities have re-appealed to the public for information on any suspicious activity they may have witnessed on Thursday January 13 and Friday January 14.

The five locations are:
  • BP Petrol Station, Richmond Road, Marsden Park – January 13 at 5:53pm
  • Victoria Road, Drummoyne – January 13 around 7:19pm
  • Five Dock boat ramp, Bayswater St – January 13 between 7:20pm and 9:50pm
  • Windsor Boat Ramp, Livingstone St – January 14 between 1:30am to 1:40am
  • Colo River Jetty, under the Putty Road Bridge – January 14 at 2:25am to 2:30am and Lower Colo Rd between 2:37am to 2:46am
“At some stage after leaving the Colo River that item (blue tarp) wasn’t on the ute when it stopped at another service station at Bells Line Road," he said.
Investigators reveal CM cause of death amid new plea to the public

If he went to all these means for her body to elude detection - I deduce her body would also be unidentifiable if ever found. Facial recognition is invaluable in identifying remains…

Arrrggh don't even want to go there. In the press conference it was stated something along the lines of..... All you need to know is that CM died via a gunshot wound. I ask that you report on this respectfully for the family. I agree. That is all we need to know in that regard. It's not going to make JS any less accountable but may save the family some pain.

As I haven't included a link that is just MOO from memory from the presser

Local police officers, detectives, with the assistance of divers and the Dog Unit are searching the popular celebrity wedding venue and surrounding areas, such as Colo River, for the gun.
Investigators reveal CM's cause of death amid new plea to the public

With the amount of traveling JS did that night, I think it will be almost impossible for them to find the gun.

It could be at any of the boat ramps he stopped at along the way, trying to put the boat in, it could be anywhere along the route he traveled, it would be easy enough to throw a gun out the window in the bush in many places along the way. IMO

Wishing all the luck in the world to the Police trying to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member