Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say murder. That implies intention. I think it was intended; I held out hope as an accident, but no longer.
Was hoping for an accident too, as awful as that alone would have been. It would also have made sense as to his desperate measures to hide poor CM’s body. I pictured someone not thinking clearly and desperate to stay out of jail, which may still be the case, but to think of a deliberate act of murder is truly devastating.

Homicide Squad Commander Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty revealed her cause of death on Tuesday.

“We are disclosing this for investigative reasons and to clear up any ambiguity, to add some clarity to the investigation,” he said.

“And this is the (alleged) murder of a nine-year-old girl.”

Her mum is not believed to have been at the property at the time of the alleged murder. She is now being treated as a potential witness.
upload_2022-1-24_21-57-2.jpeg
“The evidence that we have so far gleaned is that JS was alone with CM on the Tuesday night (January 11),” Detective Superintendent Doherty said.

“We will allege in court that the murder happened on the Tuesday night or early hours of Wednesday morning.”

JS is alleged to have acted alone.

Investigators remain at the property and are searching for a firearm.
upload_2022-1-24_21-56-33.png
CM cause of death revealed as eerie CCTV emerges

With the lay of the land at MT Wilson .. valleys and gully’s and surrounding mountains.. any noise such as gunshots are heard for miles around at night.. I live in the upper blue mountains and even a backfiring car can be heard .. so a gunshots sound would definitely travel IMO

Homicide Squad Commander Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty revealed her cause of death on Tuesday.

“We are disclosing this for investigative reasons and to clear up any ambiguity, to add some clarity to the investigation,” he said.

“And this is the (alleged) murder of a nine-year-old girl.”

Her mum is not believed to have been at the property at the time of the alleged murder. She is now being treated as a potential witness.
View attachment 331252
“The evidence that we have so far gleaned is that JS was alone with CM on the Tuesday night (January 11),” Detective Superintendent Doherty said.

“We will allege in court that the murder happened on the Tuesday night or early hours of Wednesday morning.”

JS is alleged to have acted alone.

Investigators remain at the property and are searching for a firearm.
View attachment 331251
CM cause of death revealed as eerie CCTV emerges
So CM was killed either Tuesday night or Wed am, her body disposed of on Thursday evening/night. What did he do for a day and a half?

What a coward, shooting & killing a 9 year old girl :mad:

I can't imagine the terror poor CM would have went thru, it is “unimaginable” as LE have described said.

It makes me sick that he drove around Sydney ( and not just a short trip ) but for hours with the barrell on his ute on full show , special kind of evil monster this one, right up with the likes of Daniel Holdom..............rot in hell JS & may you never see freedom ever again!

I wonder if he had the gun hidden at the property from before he went to jail?

With the lay of the land at MT Wilson .. valleys and gully’s and surrounding mountains.. any noise such as gunshots are heard for miles around at night.. I live in the upper blue mountains and even a backfiring car can be heard .. so a gunshots sound would definitely travel IMO
You can muffle gun noises on riffles with a silencer, people make homemade ones. Even legal to own with permits in NSW.

Silencer - NSW Police Public Site

What is a silencer? Definition: Silencers or any other device designed for attachment to a firearm for the purposes of muffling, reducing or stopping the noise created by firing the firearm. A silencer is classified as a prohibited weapon under clause 4(3) of Schedule 1 of the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998 (the Weapons Act) and to lawfully possess or use a prohibited weapon listed in Schedule 1 of the Weapons Act, a person must hold a prohibited weapon permit authorising possession or use of the weapon. To obtain such a permit a person must have a genuine reason for possession and use of the silencer. When a silencer is attached to a firearm, the firearm is then classified as a prohibited firearm by item 10 of Schedule 1 of the Firearms Act 1996. Clause 126 of the Firearms Regulation 2017 provides an exemption from the requirement to obtain a prohibited firearm permit in circumstances where the person is the holder of a firearms licence and is authorised by a prohibited weapon permit to possess and use a silencer.

"CM's mother has been reinterviewed. She provided a formal statement last Friday. She's in alternative accommodation after leaving medical care. The formal statement at this stage corroborates the original statement she provided. We are treating her as a witness. There is no evidence at this stage that puts her at the property at the time of the murder."
(at around 8:20 in the presser)
snipped for focus, and bbm

Was the original statement of KM having seen her daughter CM on the Thursday incorrect then? Perhaps a mix up by media?
I was not able to see the full presser, can only find the short 49 second one .
Was anything said regarding the delay till Friday morning in reporting CM missing?

snipped for focus, and bbm

Was the original statement of KM having seen her daughter CM on the Thursday incorrect then? Perhaps a mix up by media?
I was not able to see the full presser, can only find the short 49 second one .
Was anything said regarding the delay till Friday morning in reporting CM missing?

No, nothing was mentioned about the delay in reporting.

So CM was killed either Tuesday night or Wed am, her body disposed of on Thursday evening/night. What did he do for a day and a half?
What all meth heads and tweakers do. Drive and drive and drive and drive, thinking of a plan, talking to himself, trying to execute, fail, plan B, fail, plan C, rinse, repeat, wire up again and again until he accomplished his dirty deed. I just hope something didn’t happen that left her in such a dire condition waiting for her to pass on her own - leaving him no way out but to complete his mission. Thus, the gun…

I assume JS would have told his Barrister what actually happened. Under client/lawyer privilege his Barrister must keep all of that information confidential. I do sympathise with JS's Barrister.

Client Legal Privilege
"Client legal privilege (CLP), often referred to as "legal professional privilege", is a common law right that exists to protect the administration of justice and the right of individuals and other entities/organisations to obtain confidential advice about their legal circumstances. It protects legal advice given by a lawyer to his or her client (advice privilege) and communications pertaining to actual or contemplated litigation or court proceedings (litigation privilege).

It is called "client legal privilege" because the privilege belongs to the client, not the lawyer. A lawyer may only disclose privileged communications if clearly instructed to do so by their client. However, the chief purpose of CLP is not to confer a right for the benefit of the client, but to facilitate the administration of justice.

The proper administration of justice requires that clients are able to communicate freely and frankly with their lawyer, without fear of disclosing any information relevant to the legal advice they are seeking."

Client Legal Privilege

I live in Upper Mountains also and you are so right. Would definitely have been heard at Mt Wilson. The Steins complained about gunshots from their neighbours some years back and took them to court. They said the gunshots would startle them and were contant and noisy and annoying so I don't think the girl was shot on the property!!!

Listening to the presser, a couple of other things of note ....

Police are searching for the firearm
There are some gaps in the vehicle timeline, which is why they want more CCTV and dashcam video and witnesses
He ws trying to do the concealment at night on the 13th
Was at Five Dock boat ramp from 7:20pm till 9:50pm
Between 1:30am to 1:40am (on the 14th) at Windsor boat ramp
2:25am to 2:30am at the Colo River jetty
2:37am to 2:46am at Lower Colo Road
Yep, I would say that's why they're trying to trace his movements, They most likely suspect that he would have ditched the murder weapon somewhere along the way on his travels, possibly in a body of water or bushland.

I live in Upper Mountains also and you are so right. Would definitely have been heard at Mt Wilson. The Steins complained about gunshots from their neighbours some years back and took them to court. They said the gunshots would startle them and were contant and noisy and annoying so I don't think the girl was shot on the property!!!
What if everyone in the area was asleep? By the time the shot was fired no one would know what woke them up.

Yes

What if everyone in the area was asleep? By the time the shot was fired no one would know what woke them up.
Very sparsely populated area .. on the bells line of road.. unlike the great western highway which runs parallel.... to the south of the Grose Valley where all the mountains townships are very populated

Yep, I would say that's why they're trying to trace his movements, They most likely suspect that he would have ditched the murder weapon somewhere along the way on his travels, possibly in a body of water or bushland.

Yes, I agree. It was a repetitive theme throughout the presser .... how much they need the public's help right now.

Presumably to work out where he went during those gaps in time, so they might be able to find the firearm.

He also leaned on the emotional side of us all ... by describing how CM can't defend herself, it is up to them to stand up for her, to get justice for her. (So please help them - my words.)

Is it possible he was being a tough guy, showing off his gun, and fired it

That is why establishing a credible motive for the accused killing CM is very important to the prosecution case, assuming that the accused pleads not guilty to murdering CM.

To assister counter any potential false defence claims by the accused, or by his legal defence team acting on his behalf, that her forensic cause of death was the result of some form of an accidental killing by firearm.

In the presser, he says KM's formal statement was made last Friday, at this stage it corroborates her initial statement she gave them.
KM was at the caravan Tuesday night, not at Mt Wilson.
KM's original version changed a little bit, there were a number of versions of time frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member