Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw that too and instantly wondered what that information was that they will be providing, whatever else they found in the autopsy?
We likely won’t hear that evidence at the court date in March though will we? That will be a an entering a plea won’t it? That kind of information may not come out until a trial… I’m guessing. Hoping I’m wrong. Someone may be able to shed some light on the process.

Apparently that isn't automatic:

If an Interim AVO is made, the police will hold onto the defendant’s firearms until the AVO application is finished.

If the AVO application is withdrawn or dismissed, the defendant’s firearms licence will no longer be suspended. They may be able to get their firearms back from the police.

If a Final AVO is made, the defendant’s firearms will be disposed of or destroyed.

If an AVO is made for a specified period of time, the defendant may be able to apply for a new firearms licence 10 years after the date the Final AVO ends. They will need to show that they are a 'fit and proper person' to have a firearms licence.

The defendant can apply to get their licence before the 10-year period expires if the Court revoked the AVO. For more information, see Varying (changing) or revoking (cancelling) an Apprehended Violence Order.

If the AVO is made for an indefinite period of time, the defendant won't be able to apply for a new firearms licence unless the AVO is varied or revoked.

Consequences of an AVO
Irrelevant really because he's on parole

I think that the photo from the private home security camera should have been cropped. It clearly shows the front fence, which could be easily located. A huge oversight I think!

Do you mean the still showing the ute and boat passing the parked black vehicle?
Maybe intentional to ensure any witnesses police haven’t yet spoken to, a passer by or someone leaving or arriving at a nearby property at the same time, would recognise the location and twig. Maybe remember if they saw more than one person in the Ute.

Looking at this timeline, it would be possible to assume that the car that the neighbour heard at 4 or 4.30am on the 14th Jan, could have been JS returning to Wildenstein, and not leaving?

Or a (finally) suspicious or worried KM was quietly returning to retrieve CM?

Except CM wasn't there. Can't find her anywhere, can't get JS on the phone.

The daily mail reports the call to police at 8.20am to report CM missing was made by KM

In NSW it is highly unlikely the police or Commissioner would agree to any handback of licence and/or weapons if an AVO was made against a person even if it was varied or revoked at a later stage.
I have been the victim of an assault requiring the police to seek an AVO on my behalf to protect me and they seized my weapons and licence for 28 days, which I suppose was in the event I thought I might retaliate to the assault.
Further having some sort of mental issue must be disclosed on application for a Firearm's Licence and as had been made apparent in the Court reporting JS had some long term issues.

"She's (CM) got young friends as well. They're devastated. This is terrible news that we had to deliver to them (the family) just recently. This will be a hard thing for them to get by. "

"It's devastating, not only the fact that it is a 9 year old, but its the circumstances of how she lost her life. It's unimaginable."

(around 13:10 in the presser)

i saw that too and instantly wondered what that information was that they will be providing, whatever else they found in the autopsy?
Sounds like the police may have a motive.

Q: Why would someone do this?
A: This is all part of the gathering of information for evidence for the court. We will be providing all that information to the court when we have to. Really, not long after CM's remains were found, JS was arrested and charged in a fairly short amount of time. He's got rights as far as his versions. I don't want to expand on that too much due to the courts.

(around 10:00 in the presser)

Police stated that a small calibre firearm was used..... this could mean firearm, a handgun or a shotgun. Calibre is measured by it's internal bore.

"Caliber is used to describe the size of a rifle or handgun bore and the size of cartridges designed for different bores.
  • Every rifle or handgun is designed for a specific cartridge. The ammunition must match the barrel stamp on the firearm."
A Rifle's or Handgun's Caliber

Q: Was it common for JS and CM to be together alone?

A: Ahh ... umm ... again, that is all part of the investigation. The amount of times that may have happened and the circumstances. I am only acting on the facts that we have at the moment.

(14:45 in the presser)

We're trying to be as sensitive as we can, we want to make sure that we have all the answers, the complete picture. To make it very clear.

(15:50 in the presser)

"After leaving the Colo River that item (tarp covered barrel) was not on the ute when it stopped at another service station at Bells Road, Kurmond"

"CM's mother has been reinterviewed. She provided a formal statement last Friday. She's in alternative accommodation after leaving medical care. The formal statement at this stage corroborates the original statement she provided. We are treating her as a witness. There is no evidence at this stage that puts her at the property at the time of the murder."
(at around 8:20 in the presser)

"We've got a large number of police who are highly motivated. You don't get much more motivated than in the murder of a 9 year old."

"Small caliber firearm."
SouthAussie, could you please give the link to the press conference you have.... I can only find the one with DS Doherty, which is only very brief, and doesn't cover the topics you have managed to find.

SouthAussie, could you please give the link to the press conference you have.... I can only find the one with DS Doherty, which is only very brief, and doesn't cover the topics you have managed to find.

I watched the one in the link that sleep provided, and cags provided again for jayjay just a few posts ago.

Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

SouthAussie posted a question upthread about whether anyone might have heard the firearm. It's an interesting question - do we know if the shooting occurred outside or inside the house? A DM article recently stated that the complaint lodged by the accused's father some years ago, against the neighbour living next door to the family property, involved allegedly loud and frequent gunfire (the neighbour allegedly eliminating 'pests' - rabbits, foxes). So it seems possible that a shot would have been heard if outside? Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone heard it...
The link has the victim's name, but you can find it by googling the 'dark past' of the family property.
It's not uncommon for criminals to have a silencer installed on a firearm, so maybe not much noise emitted from the fire arm.

With the lay of the land at MT Wilson .. valleys and gully’s and surrounding mountains.. any noise such as gunshots are heard for miles around at night.. I live in the upper blue mountains and even a backfiring car can be heard .. so a gunshots sound would definitely travel IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70