Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Five Dock boat ramp, Bayswater St – January 13 between 7:20pm and 9:50pm
  • Windsor Boat Ramp, Livingstone St – January 14 between 1:30am to 1:40am
The time to drive from Five Dock boat ramp to Windsor Boat Ramp is between 54 mins and 1 hour - there is missing time between 9.50 and 1.30??

Also can someone explain if you can't float a boat at one venue why would it be possible at another - is it a tidal problem or boat ramp access. Just not understanding why the second place would be doable if the first place was not.
Also looks like JS had to stop for petrol after his last stop at Colo Road. Would he have had mud on his shoes??

Also if the blue taupaulin is also missing - could this and the gun have been disposed of after the Colo Road. Maybe as others have said when taking the boat back to the property.

We also don't really know if KM said Thursday afternoon was the last citing of CM because she was under duress of the possibility that JS had something to do with it.
If she had convinced him that he had to report that CM is missing - maybe she kept him onside by going with the story of missing from Thursday.
Possibily JS is acting very volitile at this stage, no sleep and having lots of his plans coming unstuck. Just my own opionion.
Perhaps after Windsor JS took the boat somewhere to have it looked at as it would not start. Maybe a mechanic mate or a repairer. That could explain the missing time.

I am confused and the mothers role in this. The media reported that JS was calling her while driving around talking about buying sand and buying fuel implying that she would have known before she got to the property. Or was JS talking to someone else? Someone else with the mothers phone even?
Everything about the mom is so confusing. He was reportedly repeatedly calling her whilst he was out buying sand, gas, and etc.

The girl came to visit the mom, who presumably she may not see that often, but yet she stays in one place and sends her daughter off with her fiance to another place?.. on the Tuesday evening.. but yet it is not until Friday morning that a missing persons report is filed?.. and supposedly police were told the girl had last been seen on the Thursday aft/eve? Where was the mom from Tues eve to Fri morning??

It seems that nobody actually currently resides at the Wildenstein residence, and perhaps no one has resided there since Covid? So if fiance took stepdaughter to Wildenstein.. what amenities would there even BE there? ie food for 3 days??

Why did the mom need to call 000 from Wildenstein rather than from where she was staying? Where did she think her fiance was, when he wasn't also there at Wildenstein with her when she made the call?

Why did the fiance go and stay at his friend's house? Perhaps because he didn't have a ride out to Wildenstein after police confiscated his vehicle, but I believe he was already staying at the friend's place before he even went to the police station? The friend didn't see anything 'telling' about the fiance? ie.. mess on him from his activities?

Did the fiance not bring his meds with him on the Wildenstein trip, and then lose his grip on reality?

I am gutted at the COD. (Where did the gun come from??)

The time to drive from Five Dock boat ramp to Windsor Boat Ramp is between 54 mins and 1 hour - there is missing time between 9.50 and 1.30??

Also can someone explain if you can't float a boat at one venue why would it be possible at another - is it a tidal problem or boat ramp access. Just not understanding why the second place would be doable if the first place was not.
Also looks like JS had to stop for petrol after his last stop at Colo Road. Would he have had mud on his shoes??

Also if the blue taupaulin is also missing - could this and the gun have been disposed of after the Colo Road. Maybe as others have said when taking the boat back to the property.

We also don't really know if KM said Thursday afternoon was the last citing of CM because she was under duress of the possibility that JS had something to do with it.
If she had convinced him that he had to report that CM is missing - maybe she kept him onside by going with the story of missing from Thursday.
Possibily JS is acting very volitile at this stage, no sleep and having lots of his plans coming unstuck. Just my own opionion.
Perhaps after Windsor JS took the boat somewhere to have it looked at as it would not start. Maybe a mechanic mate or a repairer. That could explain the missing time.

RSBM
Sorry if I’ve missed this answer already but why would the mother be staying in a run down caravan and her daughter with the new bloke at the fancy property. As a mum of 4 I just don’t understand the logistics of that scenario. It’s weird....
I am wondering if the mom was not interested at all in attending Wildenstein. It was reported in MSM that she had posted on her SM a pic of a cute church NEAR Wildenstein, when the two became engaged. Meanwhile, that's what Wildenstein DOES, is host weddings, including the ceremonial part. Then we read that the MIL-to-be was not happy about the relationship between the two. Could it be that the mom developed an attitude of not wanting anything to do with her fiance's family, including going to the property? But meanwhile, during the daughter's visit, the daughter kept hearing great stories about how wonderful it was at Wildenstein, and she begged for the opportunity to go and stay at such a 'posh venue'... mom agreed, but wouldn't give in to accompany them? ... and the fiance took great offence to this? Then he told the mom the girl was 'missing', and kept phoning her, to let her know where he was 'searching' for her?? Then on the Fri am, he calls and tells her he's feeling awful about the disappearance of her daughter while on his family's property, and it's time to call police, so she needs to get over to Wildenstein to meet police [added: because he felt so horrible, couldn't face her, was leaving to go and stay at a friend's until she was found?]? Then possibly police, after looking around some, discovered some 'evidence', and grilled the mom, making her completely lose her sanity in disbelief at what was being alluded to? Speculation. imo.

ETA: How did the mom get to Wildenstein to meet police? I believe it was her fiance who was driving and he seemed to have his vehicle. Or did he go and pick her up and drop her off, telling her he just couldn't face the guilt to meet with police, etc... I believe he is also possibly still on parole?

Last edited:
Perhaps someone more local could reply soon, but in remote areas where boats like that may be used, perhaps they wouldn't be open in the evening?

Just trying to brainstorm what lies he could have told to stay at the estate longer. Possibly he made up the excuse to pick up the boat on Tuesday afternoon so he left with CM for the few hours round trip. When he arrives at the estate, JS claims there was an issue with the boat, not realising his lie was actually true. Lies to partner Tuesday night and says he will get it fixed Wednesday. Stays Tuesday night. Crime happens that night. On Wednesday, JS claims he called the mechanic and has to wait until Thursday to have it fixed. Stalls one more night on Thursday as says he is getting fuel etc. Parter getting anxious now. JS tells another lie and says CM wasn't in bed Friday morning. Mum gets cab up to place Friday morning as she can't drive due to pregnancy or lack of car? Police called Friday morning.

Hoping someone here can help.. I'm so confused about this 'sub judice' that people here have been talking about.. I am seeing everyone's name splattered all over MSM, including the accused, the victim, the relatives, etc. I believe what I've been reading in MSM includes Australian media which would be available in NSW. WS has a rule for this case that the names of certain individuals cannot be mentioned, even in a link address.. but yet the link address and the entire article may be filled with those names... soooooo confusing! Can anyone explain it? Also, even the press conference, where the top detective recorded a plea to the public, includes the victim's name, IIRC??

Sub judice commences when 'legal proceedings start'.
Some seem to take this as when the person is charged.
Some seem to take this as when the person's court case commences.

As long as they don't talk about any prior convictions and call JS an alleged murderer who committed an alleged murder, they can speak about him and name him. Unless his name is suppressed by a magistrate for other reasons.

Not naming CM is another matter, under the NSW law of not naming a deceased child without legal guardian permission. Presumably, they have permission.

It will be a long time until a murder trial commences (if he pleads not guilty). MSM will intentionally quieten down long before then. I think their legal depts will tell them when to quieten down.

imo

Last edited:
i listened to this and the friend isnt very coherent, its hard to understand him,
he seems slurred or stoned and talks about his drug use in the interview

Yes, when you follow the MSM link and listen to the friend's phone interview ... he didn't even know anything about a caravan. He has a limited view. imo

Sorry, I'm having difficulty catching up. I know about the historical issues between the senior resident of Wildenwhatever, and the man next door, whose wife spotted headlights coming into the driveway in the wee hours, seemingly after the body had been dumped. (Sorry, hate to say that.) I have seen it here before about the 'AVO neighbour', but hadn't noticed any articles about the AVO.. is there a link somewhere someone could direct me to? TY!
"A confrontation between him and JS, the man now charged with murder, led to Mr Haitzler taking out an AVO in Katoomba Local Court about seven years ago." Dark past of luxury family property at centre of C M murder | Daily Mail Online

The confrontation seems to have happened shortly after Haitzler won back his license and told the S----s that he was going to start shooting again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I’ve missed this answer already but why would the mother be staying in a run down caravan and her daughter with the new bloke at the fancy property. As a mum of 4 I just don’t understand the logistics of that scenario. It’s weird

I think it’s very possible the relationship was not that great. Whatever people post on FB about their relationship is not necessarily the truth. Pride or shame or fear (or all three ) might motivate a person to present their relationship as better than it is. It’s also hard to see a relationship for what it is sometimes when you are in it. Instead of seeing your beloved partner as an abuser you might see yourself as a strong woman loving a difficult man. Imagine if everyone summed you up as the list of your terrible mistakes (which the Daily Mail and some others have now spread far and wide) but then you meet this apparently wonderful man who loves you and needs you, and he has a rich family, and you’re both getting it together and finally you are not just a loser any more. When this man turns abusive, either slowly over time or all of a sudden, what do you do then? How can you explain that when it’s likely everyone will blame you for screwing up yet again, even when it’s not your fault this time. (Of course I don’t know what KM’s friends and family think, they might be really supportive. The media however has made clear that if you “fail” as a mother, you will be blamed more than the actual murderer, even when police describe you as a witness.)

If this man JS had allegedly shot CM, his partner’s child and the sister to his unborn baby, I do not believe he was a kind and loving partner to KM behind closed doors. Maybe shoving off KM to the caravan park and keeping CM with him was an act of control. Maybe KM went to the caravan park because he was scary. Maybe that wasn’t what happened at all. Murder is the ultimate act of domestic violence.

Completely out there and left of centre, but I recently had a covid test that took 3 days to come back. If KM had a covid test, then by the rules she wouldn't have been allowed to go out anywhere. Could JS have taken the child until mum got her result? If she had a test because she was feeling sick, then him taking CM would make even more sense. Complete speculation of course.

Looks like a mixed up mess of half-truths. Some of what the friend says seems to fit the time line though.

www.news.com.au national nsw act crime friend of CM's stepfather and alleged killer JS speaks-out/news-story
I heard that interview when it came out, guy sounds like he is off his head and backtracks a number of times throughout the interview. He’s the guy who’s unit JS was at when they arrested him. As he was very hard to understand I relayed a key point he made on a FB page where the video was posted. To my surprise one of the members of CM’s family replied to the comments and pointed out you can’t believe a word that junkies say, - which is entirely true. Everything he said has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just trying to brainstorm what lies he could have told to stay at the estate longer. Possibly he made up the excuse to pick up the boat on Tuesday afternoon so he left with CM for the few hours round trip. When he arrives at the estate, JS claims there was an issue with the boat, not realising his lie was actually true. Lies to partner Tuesday night and says he will get it fixed Wednesday. Stays Tuesday night. Crime happens that night. On Wednesday, JS claims he called the mechanic and has to wait until Thursday to have it fixed. Stalls one more night on Thursday as says he is getting fuel etc. Parter getting anxious now. JS tells another lie and says CM wasn't in bed Friday morning. Mum gets cab up to place Friday morning as she can't drive due to pregnancy or lack of car? Police called Friday morning.
Entirely plausible. Never thought of this theory, it would explain why she was left left alone with him. It’s a piece of the puzzle which is boggling so many of our minds. Leaving your child willingly with someone you have known for a short time doesn’t make a lot of sense unless you have love blinkers on, or need a desperate break. Especially with someone who has severe mental illness who could be potentially volatile.

He said it was “highly suspicious” that a blue tarp seen at the back of the ute while it was driving around Sydney was no longer there after the vehicle left the Colo River and stopped at a service station.

I apologise for the mix up.

This sentence made me think the blue tarp - was missing.

But as was pointed out by "Zim" thankyou - it was seen on CCTV in the back of the Ute and then later at the service station it was no longer in the back of the ute because it was now in the boat. This was where my confusion over it being missing. Thankyou all for clearing this up.

Maybe it was too hard to do on his own (boat issues or just simply launching if he wasn't experienced). He phone a friend and had to meet them to help him at a location more suited to them?

Completely out there and left of centre, but I recently had a covid test that took 3 days to come back. If KM had a covid test, then by the rules she wouldn't have been allowed to go out anywhere. Could JS have taken the child until mum got her result? If she had a test because she was feeling sick, then him taking CM would make even more sense. Complete speculation of course.

Good thought!
Makes sense!

Yes, when you follow the MSM link and listen to the friend's phone interview ... he didn't even know anything about a caravan. He has a limited view. imo
he's just the normal idiot that comes out of the woodwork for his 2 minutes of fame. He's a junkie mate who went to a YouTube show to defend his mate, without knowing any details. He shouldn't have been given credibility in the media.

What was he planning to actually do? Take the boat out far out into the harbour and push the barrel off?

Since the barrel was so heavy with the sand in it, as was evidenced at the Colo River later on, how was he supposed to get that barrel off the ute, and into the boat? Or did he fill it with sand after he got it onto the boat? Then would he have had the strength to roll it off the boat? Perhaps, not much distance to roll.

And what about witnesses, from the shoreline and from other boats? He was attempting to do this during daylight right? The surveillance pics are during the daytime.

Thank heavens that scheme failed. CM would never have been found. The ute with the GPS was parked. Who knows where he would have taken the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper