Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this IMO, CM's name not being able to be mentioned is more to do with Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 No 157 S105 not Sub Judice, which is more about the accused.

View - NSW legislation
Which is interesting in my view because they didn’t censor Tialeigh Palmers name when she was found murdered, and she was also in care. I wonder what the balance is….

I also don’t understand why some alleged killers aren’t subject to non publication orders (Gerard BC for example) and some are….

Brett Cowen was but only for like a really short time like a day or two

Last edited:
Which is interesting in my view because they didn’t censor Tialeigh Palmers name when she was found murdered, and she was also in care. I wonder what the balance is….

I also don’t understand why some alleged killers aren’t subject to non publication orders (Gerard BC for example) and some are….

Brett Cowen was but only for like a really short time like a day or two

The difference between NSW and Qld maybe?

They also allegedly found a blue tarpaulin in the back of the boat, which was inoperable.
Key item found in alleged killer’s boat

Deputy Commissioner Hudson also said the girl's cause of death will not be known until a post-mortem is undertaken.

"Until the post-mortem is conducted, we are still uncertain of what exactly happened to her," Deputy Commissioner Hudson said.

"What we are sure of is that the accused that we charged with murder was responsible for, firstly, placing her in the barrel, and then disposing of that barrel in the bushland where she was located."
Mother's partner charged with murder of nine-year-old CM

Last edited by a moderator:
Court documents reveal the little girl was killed between 7pm on Tuesday January 11 and 10am January 12, but police were not made aware of her disappearance until days later.
I wonder if this timeline is the period of time the Mother had left CM in his “care” returning after 10am, I think it may turn out that she had no involvement in her actual death (other than leaving a child in the care of someone like him :mad:) but played a role in helping him cover it up.

I get the impression that CM was killed, hidden in the boat (for who knows how long), then the boat was taken to be launched - to take her out to sea - but the boat wouldn't start.

So then CM and boat were taken back to the property.
A "barrel" was located on public land (do they mean one of those 50 gallon drums that are sometimes used as rubbish receptors at campsites and parks?)
Sand was purchased.
And the alleged perp tried to toss the weighted-down barrel in the river, but it was too heavy to get it there.

A statement from the school on Wednesday morning said it was "absolutely devastated" by the girl's death.

"<redacted> was a much loved member of our school who brightened all our days, every day," the statement read.

The school shared a recent photo of <redacted> holding a literacy award she received at their end-of-year presentation day.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said his thoughts were with the family after the unfortunate end to a search for the missing girl.

"You hope for the best, you pray for it, but it doesn't always occur," Mr Morrison said.
Vigil for murdered girl found in barrel - McIvor Times

I get the impression that CM was killed, hidden in the boat, then the boat was taken to be launched - to take her out to sea - but the boat wouldn't start.

So then CM and boat were taken back to the property.
A "barrel" was located on public land (do they mean one of those 50 gallon drums that are sometimes used as rubbish receptors at campsites and parks?)
Sand was purchased.
And the alleged perp tried to toss the weighted-down barrel in the river, but it was too heavy to get it there.
0803136F-CA74-4133-A03A-89F43B2895C3.jpeg

This drum was featured.

Hundreds of devastated mourners have held a candlelit vigil to pay their respects to schoolgirl CM after her body was tragically discovered in a barrel.

Friends, family and fellow students of the nine-year-old congregated outside the front gates of Tweed Heads Public School on the Gold Coast on Wednesday night.

Many of the young mourners held candles as they stood outside the gates adorned with countless bunches of flowers, pink balloons, cards and photos of C.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10417831/Devastated-friends-family-hold-emotional-candlelit-vigil-schoolgirl-CM html
0BCF715E-6484-4ABA-A76E-BE1D7F6E772A.jpeg AA6E2C1D-576B-4308-9B38-AF14C1418081.jpeg

<modsnip: sub judice> Deputy Commissioner Hudson, who said....

"What we are sure of is that the accused that we charged with murder was responsible for, firstly, placing her in the barrel, and then disposing of that barrel in the bushland where she was located."

An interesting way of putting things.. as in 'firstly, placing her in the barrel.'....... not, I note , killing her first. Which I sincerely hope he did. I cannot bear the thought of the alternative that Hudson hints at there.

I attended the vigil for her. The men were just as upset as the mums. So much love for this little girl.
Oh, your post put me over. I’ve been holding back. I tend to over invest myself in these missing children cases and have learned to grow a protective layer over my heart. But just the fact that you were there and you are now here makes me feel close. Tears are flowing. I can’t stop them…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena