Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, absolutely appalling behaviour on both their parts. Most, if not all, 15 year old males and females know, that sleeping with your step-parent is wrong, period. KR would have been 30 at the time, old enough to know, it is against the law to sleep with a minor, no matter how willing he is. If she is alive and I really pray she is, she needs to make an appearance and settle this once and for all. Where are you Karen? MOO

A child who is 'possibly' abused at 15 years of age should never ever ever be accused of engaging in appalling behaviour. Regardless of whether this guy is telling the full truth, part truths, is delusional or is outright lying, I certainly don't think we should be putting this kind of message out there. As some others have said, a 15 year old does not have the capacity to make a decision in his best interests, either legally or developmentally when it comes to an adult's ABUSE of a child under 16.

Nothing personal against your views UndiscoveredTruth, but abuse is hard enough to report at the best of times without someone reading that and feeling they shouldn't speak up because they will be blamed for engaging in the abuse as a willing participant.

Most teens experiment with drugs & alcohol to my knowledge. What do you mean not every family is proactive in reporting molestation on someone that is underage? So are you saying some families just say" oh no problem sweetheart its all good", don't worry about it? And this was an aunt supposedly wasn't it in this case?

You would be shocked at how some families react...its actually not uncommon for a family member to side with the accused, particularly if there are co-dependency issues in their relationship. Very sad when the accusations prove true.

You would be shocked at how some families react...its actually not uncommon for a family member to side with the accused, particularly if there are co-dependency issues in their relationship. Very sad when the accusations prove true.

Yes, that's very common .. often the victim is blamed, shamed and ostracised for upsetting the apple cart, unless there is proof or the perpetrator was caught in the act or there are numerous victims coming forward .. you see that reaction a lot.

BTW hellooooo all the oldies from the ABC thread - I've been lurking so much lately but haven't had much time to jump in and post. Hope you are all well :):):):):)

What i find strange is that the fb account was created late May. Why join fb few weeks b4 kr disappearance? Most ppl at that age have been on fb for years ...or do u make a story to get build a case/logic for what you intend to do?

What i find strange is that the fb account was created late May. Why join fb few weeks b4 kr disappearance? Most ppl at that age have been on fb for years ...or do u make a story to get build a case/logic for what you intend to do?

There is another FB account dating way back.

There is another FB account dating way back.
Yes, there seems to be at least one other FB belonging to the same person, with friends in common.
Jail was mentioned in a past post as was getting a learners permit so I wonder if he is starting afresh after a stint inside?

A child who is 'possibly' abused at 15 years of age should never ever ever be accused of engaging in appalling behaviour. Regardless of whether this guy is telling the full truth, part truths, is delusional or is outright lying, I certainly don't think we should be putting this kind of message out there. As some others have said, a 15 year old does not have the capacity to make a decision in his best interests, either legally or developmentally when it comes to an adult's ABUSE of a child under 16.

Nothing personal against your views UndiscoveredTruth, but abuse is hard enough to report at the best of times without someone reading that and feeling they shouldn't speak up because they will be blamed for engaging in the abuse as a willing participant.

Absolutely! Well said.

I think if the roles were reversed and it was a female claiming abuse from a stepfather people would be a lot more compassionate to the accuser. Maybe Ant had a fascination infatuation with Karen as she took over the mother role and gave him everything he had previously lacked in his life ? Then again who knows.

I understand what you're saying, I do, and I completely agree with you. But AR alleges it went on for 7 years, from the age of 15 - 22 years of age. 7 years!! IF it went on for seven years, AR knew what he was doing alright, as did KR and I'm more inclined to believe they were having an affair. (Which is what I was originally responding to) IF true, and they were having an affair that lasted 7 years, it was appalling behaviour on both their parts. Both knew it was wrong, period. That's all I'm saying. Still not sure what to believe though, I just want Karen to be found. All my MOO

Would you start an affair with a 15 year old? Your 15 year old step son? And carry it on for 7 years? Human brains don't fully complete development until mid-20's. Teen brains make crappy decisions - that's why the adults in their lives are supposed to act like adults and protect them. Not seduce them.

I think the problem is that we can't be sure if it's true or not, and it definitely does matter so until we have more information to judge it on we're all kind of stuck!

Looks like he has a new relationship and cleaned up his FB

Has anyone else associated Jmbr's post number 286 as a possible catalyst for the media announcement. ......

Again.....Putting it out there.....and will continue to do so untill this is resolved.

If anyone is feeling alone, distressed... please reach out for help...Beyond Blue's phone number is 1300 224 636

I think the problem is that we can't be sure if it's true or not, and it definitely does matter so until we have more information to judge it on we're all kind of stuck!

This is a very refreshing post....

Yes it definitely does matter if it is true or not..... until further information is at hand...speculating on the authenticity of the claim on a public forum.... where another member a few pages back (Adrianna) said she believed the person at hand (front page..Herald Sun) was reading here and even mentioned our posts (before quickly deleting)......

a matter for individual thought I suppose.......

This would be the first case on WS that I have been on where it seems so clear members have found information ahead of MSM reporting that ends up correct.....its a big responsibility....and with what we have seen...I hope everyone of us is aware how even written words can cut deep.....

Until we know more..... I hope most can be supportive of all involved...

Puggle xx

I agree that it does matter and needs to be treated with respect.

This is definitely not the first time WS members have found information before MSM and it won't be the last, it happens quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3