Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has his fb been deleted or posts removed? i've searched all over and cannot find it

An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says.

She says her nephew confided in her a decade ago. “This is hurting him, he needs to let it out,” Ms Dawes says.

“He has always kept to the same story … I’ve never had a reason to doubt him.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

Sorry late to this case but have read here about it. Does anyone have a link that determines KR as being a molester of a teenage boy? And sorry but i don't trust what someone who is an Ice addict is saying, because there are other much better alternatives than someone who has family stuff going on than resorting to illicit drug taking to help with their problems. If he confided in a family member supposedly a decade or whatever ago, then what did that person do to help him, an adult that was confided in by him i assume?
I would hate to think KR has been murdered and her body is out there somewhere waiting to be found while all this awful other stuff is being said about her.
Hi Karinna, BIB: That's exactly what I asked in a previous post. What did AR's Aunt do to help him (AR) a decade ago? Why bring it up now? Karen isn't here to defend herself. Maybe looking for a payout somewhere along the line, not sure what to think at this stage, I just want Karen found alive. Just to make it clear, I'm not about to believe anything and everything AR says, far from it! My posts are based on IF what he says is true. All is MOO.

Try the first 3 letters only of his name - first and second names.

still nothing. i get someone w/ the same name with some posts about drugs and what not but nothing re: this case. and no one living in australia

One notable point is that in the Herald Sun interview there is no mention of Karen's reaction to the call by Anthony Rickard regarding the molestation allegations. That is significant. Obviously the reporter would have asked him what was Karen's reaction and he would have answered- but it just doesn't make good front-page news to say, this drug addict is alleging his stepmum sexually moleted him, BUT THE STEP MUM DENIED IT. The story falls apart right there. Sure, denial doesn't mean the end of the story, but I'm saying it's interesting that the Herald Sun left out what Karen's reaction was, and, obviously, it was outright denial, the same with Borce's reaction.

It's actually pretty poor of the Herald Sun to be engaging in this kind of muckraking. They have a front page story told by a guy who is flat out lying. I don't believe a single word this guy is saying.

That the Herald Sun sat on this for a week is also significant. They would have discussed the likely scenarios. i.e. did he kill Karen? Is he lying about the claims against her? They didn't publish the specific nature of the allegations because they would be sued as their is simply ZERO corroborating evidence- this bloke's so-called auntie who was spoon-fed the lies notwithstanding.

So, why did the Herald Sun publish this garbage? Certainly not as an exercise to help find Karen, but to sell papers. Specifically, if- as is most likely- this guy is implicated in the murder of Karen, the Herald Sun can carry on the saga and say, see, we posted 3 front pages on this story, one of which was with the stepson, so we broke the story first....

Just ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Karen is still missing, yet the Herald Sun are giving oxygen to this bozo.

And on a related point: why did they kick him out of home around 18? Looks like he was untrustworthy and using drugs. Then, it seems, he decides to fabricate the sexual molestation story to extort money from his dad. This is an open book, if you ask me. And the Herald Sun knows it. Shame on the Herald Sun.

Totally agree with all you say & i think this is more likely what really happened in this case.

Hi Karinna, BIB: That's exactly what I asked in a previous post. What did AR's Aunt do to help him (AR) a decade ago? Why bring it up now? Karen isn't here to defend herself. Maybe looking for a payout somewhere along the line, not sure what to think at this stage, I just want Karen found alive. Just to make it clear, I'm not about to believe anything and everything AR says, far from it! My posts are based on IF what he says is true. All is MOO.

Hi UndiscoveredTruth, and agree with what you're saying. I'm sure if anyone of us had a 15 yr. old nephew that came across with this kind of information about what was going on in their home if they were being molested we would certainly get them some help.
I would be very sceptical of what comes from an ice addict, because they are under the influence of a terrible drug that destroys a lot of families.

Hi UndiscoveredTruth, and agree with what you're saying. I'm sure if anyone of us had a 15 yr. old nephew that came across with this kind of information about what was going on in their home if they were being molested we would certainly get them some help.
I would be very sceptical of what comes from an ice addict, because they are under the influence of a terrible drug that destroys a lot of families.
Unless the abuse led to the addiction. Unfortunately not every family is as proactive as you say you are.

They may well have gone to the police ten years ago, and nothing was done. Or he refused to give statements. Or he was still under the impression that he wasn't abused. I know a man in his 40's who says he lost his virginity at 14 to a 25 year old woman. He does not see this as sexual abuse. He laughs it off. But it did screw him up. That's what happens to children whose brains are still developing when they get sexually molested by adults who should know better. Even worse, an adult in a position of family authority.
It seems to me his outburst on social media was in response to his abuser's face being plastered everywhere in the media and everyone saying she is this wonderful person. I wonder about the dynamics of the family and how it is connected to her disappearance, maybe she has taken her own life, or maybe she ran into a madman and was killed, and so this is all unnecessarily public. Or maybe it has everything to do with it. Fascinating and tragic and terribly sad for her daughter particularly.

I hope both Karen's stepson and Karen's daughter has good support around them.

They may well have gone to the police ten years ago, and nothing was done. Or he refused to give statements. Or he was still under the impression that he wasn't abused. I know a man in his 40's who says he lost his virginity at 14 to a 25 year old woman. He does not see this as sexual abuse. He laughs it off. But it did screw him up. That's what happens to children whose brains are still developing when they get sexually molested by adults who should know better. Even worse, an adult in a position of family authority.
It seems to me his outburst on social media was in response to his abuser's face being plastered everywhere in the media and everyone saying she is this wonderful person. I wonder about the dynamics of the family and how it is connected to her disappearance, maybe she has taken her own life, or maybe she ran into a madman and was killed, and so this is all unnecessarily public. Or maybe it has everything to do with it. Fascinating and tragic and terribly sad for her daughter particularly.

I hope both Karen's stepson and Karen's daughter has good support around them.
This. So much this.

Unless the abuse led to the addiction. Unfortunately not every family is as proactive as you say you are.

Most teens experiment with drugs & alcohol to my knowledge. What do you mean not every family is proactive in reporting molestation on someone that is underage? So are you saying some families just say" oh no problem sweetheart its all good", don't worry about it? And this was an aunt supposedly wasn't it in this case?

Earlier, I had been wondering why it took so long to get any official (i.e. media) corroboration on the existence of a step-son. And then when the Herald article with his interview came out, someone further up the thread said:

Would the police have had a say in the release of this information in the media? Or does that only happen in movies? Because I'm thinking that while FB comments can be ignored as mere rumor, this story appearing in the MSM really ramps up the pressure on the family. Could the police be trying to get information from family members by allowing the story to go public and seeing how they react?

If he was interviewed on the 17th, then the story written up that night, I'm fairly sure it would have had to go 'through the lawyers' at the Herald, so if we give that a couple of days, then in the meantime the police were brought in .. if that takes us up towards the end of the week, maybe the editor at the Herald decided to save it for the front page of the Saturday paper where it would create the most impact, and generate the most sales .. I think the idea that police would have had a say in publishing it is probably true .. I wonder if the article was tinkered with by psychologists working on triggering either Karen, or whoever took/killed her? Also, just curious does the Herald pay for stories?

One notable point is that in the Herald Sun interview there is no mention of Karen's reaction to the call by Anthony Rickard regarding the molestation allegations. That is significant. Obviously the reporter would have asked him what was Karen's reaction and he would have answered- but it just doesn't make good front-page news to say, this drug addict is alleging his stepmum sexually moleted him, BUT THE STEP MUM DENIED IT. The story falls apart right there. Sure, denial doesn't mean the end of the story, but I'm saying it's interesting that the Herald Sun left out what Karen's reaction was, and, obviously, it was outright denial, the same with Borce's reaction.

It's actually pretty poor of the Herald Sun to be engaging in this kind of muckraking. They have a front page story told by a guy who is flat out lying. I don't believe a single word this guy is saying.

That the Herald Sun sat on this for a week is also significant. They would have discussed the likely scenarios. i.e. did he kill Karen? Is he lying about the claims against her? They didn't publish the specific nature of the allegations because they would be sued as their is simply ZERO corroborating evidence- this bloke's so-called auntie who was spoon-fed the lies notwithstanding.

So, why did the Herald Sun publish this garbage? Certainly not as an exercise to help find Karen, but to sell papers. Specifically, if- as is most likely- this guy is implicated in the murder of Karen, the Herald Sun can carry on the saga and say, see, we posted 3 front pages on this story, one of which was with the stepson, so we broke the story first....

Just ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Karen is still missing, yet the Herald Sun are giving oxygen to this bozo.

And on a related point: why did they kick him out of home around 18? Looks like he was untrustworthy and using drugs. Then, it seems, he decides to fabricate the sexual molestation story to extort money from his dad. This is an open book, if you ask me. And the Herald Sun knows it. Shame on the Herald Sun.

:goodpost:

Most teens experiment with drugs & alcohol to my knowledge. What do you mean not every family is proactive in reporting molestation on someone that is underage? So are you saying some families just say" oh no problem sweetheart its all good", don't worry about it? And this was an aunt supposedly wasn't it in this case?
That's right, most will not report it. It depends on the victim/survivor, they're the ones that have to give a statement to the police, unless they're very young, then it's up to the person who the child confided in. There are families with sexual abuse history, it's a known 'secret'.

It's a shame the media are running with this story, it's been handled very badly, imo. The reporter that accosted Karen's husband and asked if he killed her? Dammit, they're not the police!

Most teens experiment with drugs & alcohol to my knowledge. What do you mean not every family is proactive in reporting molestation on someone that is underage? So are you saying some families just say" oh no problem sweetheart its all good", don't worry about it?
Sadly that's what I am saying.

And experimentation and addiction are two separate things.

That's right, most will not report it. It depends on the victim/survivor, they're the ones that have to give a statement to the police, unless they're very young, then it's up to the person who the child confided in. There are families with sexual abuse history, it's a known 'secret'.

It's a shame the media are running with this story, it's been handled very badly, imo. The reporter that accosted Karen's husband and asked if he killed her? Dammit, they're not the police!

I understand what you're saying about abuse victims. I think though usually in those circumstances the children abused in the family is that it normally starts at a very young age from what i have read about it, and doesn't usually start at 15 yrs. old, and i also think it is more uncommon for a female to sexually molest a teenager than it is for a male to do so, even though it is not unheard of for a woman to do that.
In this particular case i would like to know how far back this stepson's drug addictions go, and if he was a younger teen that experimented with drugs with his friends and then became addicted? I know some of those horrible drugs like Ice & meth don't take much to get addicted to. Did/does this guy have drug debts, and was he dealing as well as using to support his habit?
I agree that a reporter doing that was out of line. But media can be like that i guess when it comes to getting some sensationalistic value from a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay