Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they literally putting up missing persons posters today?

If that's the case it's a but odd IMO, usually posters are to raise awareness, would there be anyone in the local area who isn't aware that Karen is missing?

Also I'm wondering if the shop is stil trading at the moment, have police canvassed customers in case any of them had a conversation with Karen that might shed some light on whether she had had any experiences recently with a random perp

If the police have heaps of evidence, then why are they now whipping out the horses and going for a ride in the park? It seems like that should have been done weeks ago. I think the police don't have a body or handbag, and i even doubt they have a (strong) circumstantial case. I think today was a Hail Mary.

I remember the police going out to where they found Jill Meaghers body with 4 wheelers and searching the area. This was after they had arrested the scum bag that killed her and he had confessed..

The Police would have heaps of evidence - they don't share very often, and so they shouldn't.

Totally agree if they share it with everyone some "baddie" could get away with something or move a body or all sorts of things.

I went past at 3pm, I had to turn left down Buckley St but I believe the van was still set up a bit down from the intersection. There were 4 police on horses coming back up Buckley to Millieara Rd so maybe that's when it was all winding down.

Thank you ZH for your insights, I am glad A hasn't been as plagued by addiction as many of us assumed. I would love to know if you think Karen could have left of her own will, or if you feel being missing for this length of time must equal something tragic?

They can say they don't have a suspect, but that old POI/suspect thing they like the play with ... there is no way they'd come out and name someone as a suspect, it'd be POI at most, even when they have CCTV of someone doing the crime they say they'd like to speak with them in relation to the crime. It's media nonsense, pushing for them to put blame somewhere and of course they aren't going to, the first we will hear is when an arrest is made (If that's the way this is going). The media does give you the irrits, they like to spin things like the lack of CCTV in such a way that it sounds like there was footage and she wasn't on it, vs it wasn't on at all. Some things are said so specifically though that you think there must be evidence behind it - the police said Karen's phone is *switched* off. I would hope they would not say that if it was possible that it had turned off from not being charged.

I remember the police going out to where they found Jill Meaghers body with 4 wheelers and searching the area. This was after they had arrested the scum bag that killed her and he had confessed..

And look at all the stuff police had to do to get Novy Chardon's killer ... digging up countless properties in a major way, trawling the rivers ... when they knew who the killer was right from the get-go.
They did everything to find Novy, as respect for her as someone's mother/child/aunt and to try to nail the killer.

If that's the case it's a but odd IMO, usually posters are to raise awareness, would there be anyone in the local area who isn't aware that Karen is missing?

Also I'm wondering if the shop is stil trading at the moment, have police canvassed customers in case any of them had a conversation with Karen that might shed some light on whether she had had any experiences recently with a random perp

It's a saturation tactic - they've done it today because they had the van there.

I don't feel that way at all, there is nothing unusual in the way they are operating. They're thinking ahead to a trial is all.

They need to show they appealed to the public for help and explored the possibility that she did leave on foot, even if they have evidence to show she did not.

I agree. How many times have we been on this site discussing how the police have gone silent, people have questioned what they have, and then next thing we know there's an arrest.

Have faith in the cops people!!

I would like to pose this question to people. Hypothetically, if the police found blood drops or stains or an attempt to clean one's car boot of some stain, which would look suspicious in this case; if that car was Borce's, and if you were on a jury, and if the police were alleging Borce killed his wife, disposed of her body, and there was no body or handbag to be found because, as the cops claim, he is not confessing as to where he stashed them. Then would people convict him? It is circumstantial. The boot looks to be freshly scrubbed with some heavy duty detergent, but a few specks of Karen's blood are still present, ones that he missed.

The police further claim that the house was in Karen's name, Karen was going to leave him, and the business wasn't doing so well. Obviously the defence would dispute these claims. Without Sarah saying anything, would people convict him of Karen's murder? I personally would not, i don't think. It seems a bit too flimsy for my liking. Although it is sus as hell, it's also a bit flimsy for my liking. They need more evidence than just this.

I posed this hypothetical because it is interesting and i keep on thinking about the cars at forensics, and maybe they are awaiting toxicology reports, which seem to take weeks.

Still a lot of unanswered questions which we may never know the answers , for the police i think this has become far complex than initial reports of a missing person.

At this stage i would still suspect karen was abducted on the path behind the house. In recent years the has been quite a few attempts by individuals:sick: to pull kids/ adults off the street in Melbourne, only last week two men had tried to grab a young teenager in Cranbourne. Luckily he gave one of them a good kick in the shins.:thumb:

So its very possible that this is the case here, police cannot discount this. There are wide areas of land in question, more resources needed hence the horsebacks.

At the moment im still trying to determine if apart from a stranger, is the any other party involved.

I would like to pose this question to people. Hypothetically, if the police found blood drops or stains or an attempt to clean one's car boot of some stain, which would look suspicious in this case; if that car was Borce's, and if you were on a jury, and if the police were alleging Borce killed his wife, disposed of her body, and there was no body or handbag to be found because, as the cops claim, he is not confessing as to where he stashed them. Then would people convict him? It is circumstantial. The boot looks to be freshly scrubbed with some heavy duty detergent, but a few specks of Karen's blood are still present, ones that he missed.

The police further claim that the house was in Karen's name, Karen was going to leave him, and the business wasn't doing so well. Obviously the defence would dispute these claims. Without Sarah saying anything, would people convict him of Karen's murder? I personally would not, i don't think. It seems a bit too flimsy for my liking. Although it is sus as hell, it's also a bit flimsy for my liking. They need more evidence than just this.

I posed this hypothetical because it is interesting and i keep on thinking about the cars at forensics, and maybe they are awaiting toxicology reports, which seem to take weeks.

It is of no advantage to him killing her to gain title to the house, he would have to wait until she was declared deceased before it would change into his name. That could be years.

It is of no advantage to him killing her to gain title to the house, he would have to wait until she was declared deceased before it would change into his name. That could be years.

Years is still sooner than never. Also, this is not necessarily a rational move. Obviously we're talking about murder which is extreme.

Plus if they got divorced it doesn't matter who's name the house is in, its half his.

Years is still sooner than never. Also, this is not necessarily a rational move. Obviously we're talking about murder which is extreme.

As Adrianna said - divorce is much quicker.

Well i'm sticking to my point, then, that the police were taking out Phar Lap for a graze because they have ZILCH and need evidence, of which they are SORELY lacking.

Meanwhile, the Herald Sun has already convicted the husband. Geez! The Herald Sun is fast, and full of ****.

I worry about your blood pressure :thinking:

Still a lot of unanswered questions which we may never know the answers , for the police i think this has become far complex than initial reports of a missing person.

That is preciely my reading of it. I think they thought they were going to have this wrapped up weeks ago. Now a month has passed and they're taking out horses and placing a caravan appealing for more information. That is distressing if you wanted a quick resolution, as it seems it has just blown out to a much longer haul. That is why i am faulting the Herald Sun for making insinuations, which don't seem to be currently corroborated by evidence.

Lastly, i remember an article by Andrew Rule of the Herald Sun saying that the 'hard questions' now need to be asked, at around the two week mark. I remember at the time assuming, that's it, the husband is going to get arrested. And the husband, it seems, did get interviewed precisely around then. I made the assumption he's going to get arrested. That was two weeks ago, yet today we have appeals for more information, caravans, doorknocks, horseback police unit. This seems to be going backwards not forwards. If they had evidence to convict none of this would be taking place.

That is preciely my reading of it. I think they thought they were going to have this wrapped up weeks ago. Now a month has passed and they're taking out horses and placing a caravan appealing for more information. That is distressing if you wanted a quick resolution, as it seems it has just blown out to a much longer haul. That is why i am faulting the Herald Sun for making insinuations, which don't seem to be currently corroborated by evidence.

Lastly, i remember an article by Andrew Rule of the Herald Sun saying that the 'hard questions' now need to be asked, at around the two week mark. I remember at the time assuming, that's it, the husband is going to get arrested. And the husband, it seems, did get interviewed precisely around then. I made the assumption he's going to get arrested. That was two weeks ago, yet today we have appeals for more information, caravans, doorknocks, horseback police unit. This seems to be going backwards not forwards. If they had evidence to convict none of this would be taking place.

But Andrew Rule is not a detective is he? The detectives run their own time line, I am sure a lot more is going on than we know about from reading the news. We need to remember that news paper stories are written to sell papers.

As Adrianna said - divorce is much quicker.

You can't divorce your wife and keep a house which is in her name. Adrianna is saying a house is split in two in a divorce, though only if the title deed is in both names. Not sure what happens to assets in single names. I am assuming they remain with the party whose name is attached to them, subject to overall asset tests, i guess.

Plus, if Borce killed Karen for the house- and got away with it- then i think Sarah would stand to get something, too, as she is the only child of Karen. But i have NO CLUE about the law in this area. Obviously if Borce murdered Karen then he will get nothing except a long sentence.

But Andrew Rule is not a detective is he? The detectives run their own time line, I am sure a lot more is going on than we know about from reading the news. We need to remember that news paper stories are written to sell papers.

Well if we can't trust Andrew Rule- the Herald Sun's resident crime writer- then why is everyone trusting the Herald Sun in its insinuation that Borce murdered Karen? Can't have it both ways. I personally think the Herald Sun is sensationalising the reporting and there is not enough evidence to convict Borce, which is why the police are appealing for more information. The police have jack except for good old fashioned hunches.

Assets gets divided, it doesn't matter whose name is on them. If they can take half your super they can take half a house you used to have your name on, never mind they'd be stacks of evidence you contributed to the mortgage, household expenses etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3