Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports of a search on their property at 5/79-83 Keilor Park Dr, Tullamarine.

Warrant Brands which manufacture for the two shops.

You can't divorce your wife and keep a house which is in her name. Adrianna is saying a house is split in two in a divorce, though only if the title deed is in both names. Not sure what happens to assets in single names. I am assuming they remain with the party whose name is attached to them, subject to overall asset tests, i guess.

Plus, if Borce killed Karen for the house- and got away with it- then i think Sarah would stand to get something, too, as she is the only child of Karen. But i have NO CLUE about the law in this area. Obviously if Borce murdered Karen then he will get nothing except a long sentence.

I think you need to google about divorce, believe me he would get half if they divorced.

Any reports of a search on their property at 5/79-83 Keilor Park Dr, Tullamarine.

Warrant Brands which manufacture for the two shops.

Nothing has been mentioned about that property - although it has recently been sold I hear.

I think you need to google about divorce, believe me he would get half if they divorced.

What would happen if Karen wanted to mortgage the house (or further remortgage it) to prop up the businesses, while Borce disagreed? It's in Karen's name so tough luck to him, it seems. Motive?

Well if we can't trust Andrew Rule- the Herald Sun's resident crime writer- then why is everyone trusting the Herald Sun in its insinuation that Borce murdered Karen? Can't have it both ways. I personally think the Herald Sun is sensationalising the reporting and there is not enough evidence to convict Borce, which is why the police are appealing for more information. The police have jack except for good old fashioned hunches.

I am not trusting everything the HS writes far from it.

The police may need that one bit of evidence of what someone has seen, heard etc to make an arrest.

Honestly I take a little offense at you saying the police have "jack" How do you know that? Do you have inside information?

What would happen if Karen wanted to mortgage the house (or further remortgage it) to prop up the businesses, while Borce disagreed? It's in Karen's name so tough luck to him, it seems. Motive?

That is totally different to what I was saying about divorce.

Look at it this way, I have a house brought it six months ago, I enter into a relationship, I am paying off the mortgage, guy moves in with me, everything is still in my name, phone, electric, gas, mortgage. But he is putting in his share to pay for those things, we are now a couple. We decide after 5 years this is crap and want out of the relationship, half of that house is his.

You can't divorce your wife and keep a house which is in her name. Adrianna is saying a house is split in two in a divorce, though only if the title deed is in both names. Not sure what happens to assets in single names. I am assuming they remain with the party whose name is attached to them, subject to overall asset tests, i guess.

Plus, if Borce killed Karen for the house- and got away with it- then i think Sarah would stand to get something, too, as she is the only child of Karen. But i have NO CLUE about the law in this area. Obviously if Borce murdered Karen then he will get nothing except a long sentence.

No communal property is split, it doesn't matter who's name it's in, it's half his.

I am not trusting everything the HS writes far from it.

The police may need that one bit of evidence of what someone has seen, heard etc to make an arrest.

Honestly I take a little offense at you saying the police have "jack" How do you know that? Do you have inside information?

Why would you take offence? It's not a personal attack on you. It's a criticism of the Herald Sun, which is putting the husband in the frame, yet the police don't have the evidence for it. The Herald Sun is talking larger than the police are delivering.

That is totally different to what I was saying about divorce.

Look at it this way, I have a house brought it six months ago, I enter into a relationship, I am paying off the mortgage, guy moves in with me, everything is still in my name, phone, electric, gas, mortgage. But he is putting in his share to pay for those things, we are now a couple. We decide after 5 years this is crap and want out of the relationship, half of that house is his.

Half is his if he pays half. If, however, he is instead putting his half into the pokies; then it is my knowledge that the judge would say he should go to the pokies to ask back for his half. It comes down to proof- showing evidence of who made payments. Not sure if this is significant in this Ristevski case, though it might be as they had a failed business after which the house was put into Karen's name to prevent creditors from taking it off borce, or at least his half. Now Borce is without a legal title to a house. That is trouble, especially if a wife goes missing, and, moreover, if she goes missing shortly after arguments about finances. Tricky.

Why would you take offence? It's not a personal attack on you. It's a criticism of the Herald Sun, which is putting the husband in the frame, yet the police don't have the evidence for it. The Herald Sun is talking larger than the police are delivering.

With all due respect scottKam you have posted that it's definately the husband too. I don't mean to say this offensively but you have adamantly said the same .

I am not going to get into a war of words with you. I didnt take what you wrote as a criticism of the HS but of the police, you wrote this "The police have jack except for good old fashioned hunches." I take offense because I know some police who work their butts off trying to solve cases/help people.

You have also said the police dont have the evidence, which goes back to is it your opinion or do you know something the rest of us dont.

I have nothing more to say about it.

I have a question for those live in the area or have walked that track?Is it widely used bikes people etc?Doesn't look a nice place too walk at night!

Half is his if he pays half. If, however, he is instead putting his half into the pokies; then it is my knowledge that the judge would say he should go to the pokies to ask back for his half. It comes down to proof- showing evidence of who made payments. Not sure if this is significant in this Ristevski case, though it might be as they had a failed business after which the house was put into Karen's name to prevent creditors from taking it off borce, or at least his half. Now Borce is without a legal title to a house. That is trouble, especially if a wife goes missing, and, moreover, if she goes missing shortly after arguments about finances. Tricky.

Trust me - I'm someone that's been through 2 divorces - it works out well for the person that doesn't put a lot into the relationship - monetary or otherwise.

With all due respect scottKam you have posted that it's definately the husband too. I don't mean to say this offensively but you have adamantly said the same .

I have also seen that :)

No offence ScottKam, but this is not uncommon knowledge. You surely have a unique way of looking at the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3