Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant under circumstamces they are in, they do the best they can to confuse and mislead public and LE.
It could be any of them but when they all look sus and guilty yet not cooperating how you gonna know?

Police realised cctv footage 11 months after it all happened asking public to remember any interaction with Merc driver, screams incompentence.
As if people remember things happened a year ago and as if Merc driver witha corpse in a boot wanna interact with random tradies in Digers Rest??
What are the odds someone will come forward with any useful info?

Tells me this investigation is going nowhwre, whoever did it is in a good position to get away with it.

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Tapatalk

It doesn’t scream incompetence to me.

It keeps the case in the public eye.
It creates pressure and agitation in the family. It didn’t take long for Vasko to be seen at the disposal site once the CCTV was released.

After all I have read about DI Tim Day, I think he is a very smart man. Uses many different techniques to achieve a successful outcome. Was even able to crack a case that was cold for 20+ years.

I believe that police have their own motivations for doing every little thing that they do. They have processes and techniques that we barely know about. What we know about this case will be miniscule.

There may not be a quick arrest, but I believe there will be an arrest.

I meant under circumstamces they are in, they do the best they can to confuse and mislead public and LE.
It could be any of them but when they all look sus and guilty yet not cooperating how you gonna know?

Police realised cctv footage 11 months after it all happened asking public to remember any interaction with Merc driver, screams incompentence.
As if people remember things happened a year ago and as if Merc driver witha corpse in a boot wanna interact with random tradies in Digers Rest??
What are the odds someone will come forward with any useful info?

Tells me this investigation is going nowhwre, whoever did it is in a good position to get away with it.

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Tapatalk

Perhaps not intellectual giants, but certainly cunning enough to get away with it so far. Given the timing of the CCTV release I'd like to think strategic pressure is being applied, rather than expecting a lot of useful info from the public. I think this is Tim Day's strategy to use the media to help advance the case. I'll be bitterly disappointed if you're right about them getting away with it. I can think of two similar recent cases where an arrest has been made around the one year mark.

It doesn’t scream incompetence to me.

It keeps the case in the public eye.
It creates pressure and agitation in the family. It didn’t take long for Vasko to be seen at the disposal site once the CCTV was released.

After all I have read about DI Tim Day, I think he is a very smart man. Uses many different techniques to achieve a successful outcome. Was even able to crack a case that was cold for 20+ years.

I believe that police have their own motivations for doing every little thing that they do. They have processes and techniques that we barely know about. What we know about this case will be miniscule.

There may not be a quick arrest, but I believe there will be an arrest.

We are in agreement South Aussie. I was writing my little diatribe at the same time as you. Yes, I think the pressure is already working. Didn't VR take the bait almost instantly.

I listened to Charlie Bezzina on the Australian true Crime podcast, and he mentioned that in years gone passed people were far more likely to confess than they are now because people are better educated about their rights. He added that because there is no time limit on prosecuting a murder there is no rush. That's out of step with community expectations but given Borce lawyered up so quickly and Sarah isn't co-operating either, maybe cctv and pings proving Borce's early lie isn't quite enough for them to be reasonably sure of a conviction. I am going to guess the forensic evidence isn't that great - maybe the google search did result in someone being able to destroy evidence sufficiently. When the potential crime scenes are her home, her car and where she was left, and the suspect is her intimate partner, there may not be a lot of forensic evidence of use.

So, obviously many us feel that this latest push is mostly theatrics to apply pressure - he said outright they can identify the SLKs, you can't legitimately expect much of use from people driving in front of a car, and any decent lawyer is going to rightly so bring into question the credibility of an eye witness who comes forward 12 months later, as eyewitnesses are terrible in general. What do they need? Borce to offer more explanations? Sarah to crack?

It would be good if Karen had her own Dickies or Kerry-Anne like Allison Baden-Clay did. Apply the emotional pressure and get Borce and Sarah in the hot seat. Don't let them sit back silent. Aunt Patricia seems like she could make a good job of it, but she isn't local is she? Lorrin Whitehead went missing when her oldest daughter Amelia was 19. Amelia has been tireless in the media for her mother. Sarah's silence speaks volumes.

I listened to Charlie Bezzina on the Australian true Crime podcast, and he mentioned that in years gone passed people were far more likely to confess than they are now because people are better educated about their rights. He added that because there is no time limit on prosecuting a murder there is no rush. That's out of step with community expectations but given Borce lawyered up so quickly and Sarah isn't co-operating either, maybe cctv and pings proving Borce's early lie isn't quite enough for them to be reasonably sure of a conviction. I am going to guess the forensic evidence isn't that great - maybe the google search did result in someone being able to destroy evidence sufficiently. When the potential crime scenes are her home, her car and where she was left, and the suspect is her intimate partner, there may not be a lot of forensic evidence of use.

So, obviously many us feel that this latest push is mostly theatrics to apply pressure - he said outright they can identify the SLKs, you can't legitimately expect much of use from people driving in front of a car, and any decent lawyer is going to rightly so bring into question the credibility of an eye witness who comes forward 12 months later, as eyewitnesses are terrible in general. What do they need? Borce to offer more explanations? Sarah to crack?

It would be good if Karen had her own Dickies or Kerry-Anne like Allison Baden-Clay did. Apply the emotional pressure and get Borce and Sarah in the hot seat. Don't let them sit back silent. Aunt Patricia seems like she could make a good job of it, but she isn't local is she? Lorrin Whitehead went missing when her oldest daughter Amelia was 19. Amelia has been tireless in the media for her mother. Sarah's silence speaks volumes.

Edifying post there ozazure. Somebody mentioned we are up to 363 days since Karen went missing. At least WE are this woman's advocate! I've personally spent a whole year thinking about her.

:goodpost:

I have never thought for 1 minute that the D's are incompetent. They do this for a living 24/7 and know what is required to have enough evidence to charge someone and then have this followed up with a successful prosecution. Us armchair sleuths are used to watching a movie with everything wrapped up in 2 hours but the wheels of justice turn slowly in the modern day. I would love to know what the confession rate is now compared to 20 years ago - IMO the perpetrator is likely to take their chances pleading innocence and then hope that they can get off on a technicality or a jury that can't reach a verdict - we see this so many times even when we all know/suspect who the guilty party is. How many defence lawyers instruct murderers to plead guilty unless there is overwhelming evidence against them? The longer the clock ticks on the lawyers watch then the more $ the lawyer makes and the bigger house they live in and the better car they drive. Not to mention the family trust they set up for themselves. Lawyers love cases like this.

Hi Didi. I agree with some of the learned others that the investigation is actually going somewhere and the Police don't really expect people to remember what happened 1 year ago but have their reasons for drip feeding information to the public. It is all part of the grander plan IMO. Meant to reply with Didi's previous post attached oops.

Thanks, mammon. Great find. And pretty interesting. An investment company. Established 10 years ago. Estimated annual revenue of $2,998,760. Wonder where those figures come from. Self created? Seeing as a person can add their own business information on that manta.com website.

And 9 years later he is Uber driving? Perhaps that is because ASIC deregistered the company in 2014. And it was an ASIC initiated deregistration, not him closing the business himself. It is listed in ASIC's Insolvency Notices section. Yet another failed business. Hope not too many investors lost their money.

NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEREGISTRATION - ASIC initiated (My note: ASIC give 2 months notice to all interested parties and liquidators before they deregister a company)
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....27935442/03eb024f-f119-4f1f-bd37-627634219993

It is seriously not hard to think that Karen may have wanted to leave this loser and drainer - once Sarah became an adult who should be able to stand on her own two feet - so Karen could get on with her own creative direction without an anchor tied around her neck, a person pulling them down time and time again.

Makes me wonder what Sarah was told about that final argument, where her silent allegiance to her father came from.
"Did you know your mother plans to leave you? Just up and away, leaving you behind? Leave us in great debt. While she goes off with her inheritance and makes her own way in the world. Good riddance to her. Like your uncle says, she is probably in the US or China on a fake passport."

Sarah made this statement before she clammed up ...
Sarah Ristevski said her mother wouldn't leave her 'because she is an only child'.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ourne-woman-Karen-Ristevski-murdered-her.html

But it seems that Ant and whoever Karen was speaking with when Ant apparently overheard this being said, perhaps knew better - and I wonder if police may have confirmed the truth of the statement from the person it was said to ....
... he “overheard” his stepmother say she planned to leave her husband as soon as her daughter, Sarah, turned 21.

There is no evidence (that police have released) to support Borce Ristevski’s statement that his wife went for a walk to “clear her head”.
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...e/news-story/54515581b12cd8b15566bf781c6f1bd3

I am very curious about VR visiting the grave site.

While I have always been, and continue to be in the camp that BR did it; I think VR is an accessory after the fact.

Vasko could've said that he was at the grave site "to try and find something" as the police had not yet solved it.

If it was them with the ute, do one of them own a white ute? Are there hire companies they can check that hire out utes?

I also believe that it's one of those cases where they know who did it, they just don't have enough evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt.

I do not see how this screams of incompetence, it is all part of the investigative process imo. It has been stated by LE that they have already received useful information after this LE press conference. I also do not think R family have done anything to mislead or confuse the public, they have only confused themselves. I will say again that the family's behavior has been nothing short of bizarre and no excuse of misguided loyalty to paternal or maternal influences will change that. This does not seem to be the reaction of a close knit loving family and extended family .

Totally agree. :goodpost:

This is completely supposition, but perhaps SR is terrified of her father. This is often a reason why family members don't come forward IMO.

This is completely supposition, but perhaps SR is terrified of her father. This is often a reason why family members don't come forward IMO.
To me she seems to be clinging to him in mutual support . . . I don't get that she looks afraid of him.

By the way, did anyone see signs of a wet face? I wouldn't judge someone for not crying, but her facial expressions and the handkerchief seem to indicate tears but I can't actually see any.

To me she seems to be clinging to him in mutual support . . . I don't get that she looks afraid of him.

By the way, did anyone see signs of a wet face? I wouldn't judge someone for not crying, but her facial expressions and the handkerchief seem to indicate tears but I can't actually see any.

No, I haven't seen any wet tears either. Not in any pics that I've seen. A couple of articles I looked at again recently described her as 'sobbing'. Still no wet tears. I also note that she doesn't seem to look at anyone directly. Not just the media. Anyone.

May be a quirk. May be something else. :dunno:
But it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/2bbe3c1ab602e2e9948986048d337aad
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/a8030e9169fc34f67427de02891661b0

I agree with you about her body language here. She just looks wretched and is leaning on her dad. I'm thinking further down the track, she must have suspected like everyone else and how scary would that be to contemplate? I keep looking for a reason for the way she is, but as always I'm only an observer in this puzzling case.

in my editing of the original image (thread#10,post#1030) i adjusted clarity, defog, blacks, exposure, and contrast, until i could adjust no further without losing overall clarity.
in a lightbulb moment, i wondered what result might be achieved if i were to screenshot that enhancement and use it as a base image which would then permit me to further the enhancement process with a reapplication of the same lighting adjustments.
the following effect was achieved >
3468e28cf92e9d798d39ece34015460d.png

i can't see the driver, although there appears to be a passenger sitting low in the front seat, peering above the passenger side mirror; two figures are sitting in the rear of the vehicle.
probably editing overkill, but spooky, if nothing else!

original image source >
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...k=3dde0110a6f4198eece6b1c46c08b958-1497762528
[emoji887]
H'mm, I have become fascinated by this image, oh boy, that driver is seriously looking like BR ..... MOO ..... but that image of a possible passenger low down in seat, completely interesting, must investigate further 🤔

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members