Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot that bit. Thanks for the clarification sleep.

Actually she didn't say "Dad said..." It was "Dad was saying..." Which, at the time was interpreted differently by different members.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 16.08.03 Sarah.JPG
    16.08.03 Sarah.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 159
Borces initiated chat with the media.
He was very confident that Sarah would agree and support him. Even though the police said rubbish about telling them not to speak.

During our 20-minute chat, Mr Ristevski declined my repeated requests to make a fresh appeal for his wife, saying the police had instructed the family not to talk to the media.
“If we sit down you can actually go and ask my daughter as well,” he said.
“They’re telling us that they’ve gone through all the phone ins and whatever else and we don’t need anything extra at this stage – we want to go through all that first.
“Otherwise they are saying we will keep getting information and can’t go through it all”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/a-...i/news-story/114d6958f6ca1b4f6079839367de184a

I am waiting for the police to confirm that Sarah left the house earlier that morning.
At this stage it could just be what the police have been told.
I am sure police have been confirming her whereabouts that day.
Time will tell.

My thoughts exactly.

And maybe it was Borce that said that Sarah saw Karen, too, before Sarah left that morning. But maybe Sarah didn't see Karen at all. Maybe Sarah assumed Karen was still tucked up in bed, sleeping, when she left. Whereas Karen may have been laying there, strangled or suffocated.

When Sarah learned what Borce had said, she may have clammed up. She may not have wanted to go against her father's lies, as uncertainty hit her.

That may have been the turning point in Sarah's pleas for her mother's return, her 3AW interviews, her speaking to the media.

(As we can see by your immediately-above post #222, Borce doesn't mind speaking for Sarah ..... “If we sit down you can actually go and ask my daughter as well,” he said.)

My thoughts exactly.

And maybe it was Borce that said that Sarah saw Karen, too, before Sarah left that morning. But maybe Sarah didn't see Karen at all. Maybe Sarah assumed Karen was still tucked up in bed, sleeping, when she left. Whereas Karen may have been laying there, strangled or suffocated.

When Sarah learned what Borce had said, she may have clammed up. She may not have wanted to go against her father's lies, as uncertainty hit her.

That may have been the turning point in Sarah's pleas for her mother's return, her 3AW interviews, her speaking to the media.

(As we can see by your immediately-above post #222, Borce doesn't mind speaking for Sarah ..... “If we sit down you can actually go and ask my daughter as well,” he said.)

The initial investigation is made up of three parallel strands which look at:

— The location where the missing person was last seen alive.

— The movements of the missing person up to and after they are reported to have been last seen alive.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/a8030e9169fc34f67427de02891661b0

Sarah has remained fiercely loyal to her father since the first day she went missing, clinging to him at public appeals for information and sobbing into his chest.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...n/news-story/08bf925b446d0ceca2cfbf3aa2aa7b55

Has that changed??

im extremely optimistic, it's almost like watching a re run of the Baden-Clay case, little bits and pieces to apply pressure and get reactions, an arrest is coming and soon IMO.

Totally agree. The waiting for an arrest in this case reminds me so much of waiting for Gerard Baden-Clay to be arrested. It seemed like the longest wait ever but in reality it was less than two months after Allison was reported missing and only a few weeks after her body was found. I remember the day well. Wednesday 13 June 2012 was the day GBC was arrested and charged with Allison's murder. I remember there was a lot of jubilation on the thread that he'd finally been arrested and it was great to see GBC do the walk of shame wearing his new 'bracelets'. I like that bit, where the perp has to do the walk of shame in handcuffs. It's a real 'gotcha' moment. :jail:

I can envision the shiny glint of the cuffs around Borce's wrists as I type. It's almost palpable.

Totally agree. The waiting for an arrest in this case reminds me so much of waiting for Gerard Baden-Clay to be arrested. It seemed like the longest wait ever but in reality it was less than two months after Allison was reported missing and only a few weeks after her body was found. I remember the day well. Wednesday 13 June 2012 was the day GBC was arrested and charged with Allison's murder. I remember there was a lot of jubilation on the thread that he'd finally been arrested and it was great to see GBC do the walk of shame wearing his new 'bracelets'. I like that bit, where the perp has to do the walk of shame in handcuffs. It's a real 'gotcha' moment. :jail:

I can envision the shiny glint of the cuffs around Borce's wrists as I type. It's almost palpable.
The Perp Walk - luv it [emoji14]

Maybe it was on off arguing over the morning? Doesn't one article say the argument was confirmed - maybe confirmed with sr or with neighbours hearing shouting? Ill try and find it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I cannot find the article so maybe im just imagining it!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I've just spent awhile looking, but early on I could have sworn Sarah reported a family discussion about the store the night before, and then that Borce reported a fight to her when Karen went "ballistic" the next day.

There are only snippets of the 3AW chat now where she is talking about the fight.

I remember that day well, can't wait for that day in this case too, with this one being local it would be great to see him in the dock and see justice for Karen.

I've just spent awhile looking, but early on I could have sworn Sarah reported a family discussion about the store the night before, and then that Borce reported a fight to her when Karen went "ballistic" the next day.

There are only snippets of the 3AW chat now where she is talking about the fight.

I agree ... I recall something about that, too. But I cannot find a link either. Only this linked post by Steve Richardson, and I think that may have been speaking of our conjecture.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Vic-29-June-2016-6&p=12820411#post12820411

ETA: Though I did find this post (again, by Steve Richardson) that speaks of it being mentioned on A Current Affair (in July 2016).

BBM
'A Current Affair' story re Karens disappearance. Apparently the night before Karen went missing BR & Sarah were trying to help Karen with ideas on how to improve store figures, Sarah suggested that Karen have a large sale, Karen went ballistic and walked away (Sarah's own words in the interview).

Your saying Sarah didn't witness that ballistic comment but Sarah was quoted in that A Current Affair interview saying just that. So 100% I would say Sarah did witness the argument as she was part of the reason
it happened and in her own words saw her mother go ballistic.

That timeline of when Sarah saw her mother re the night before has been confirmed through Sarah's own words.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Vic-29-June-2016-6&p=12821648#post12821648

I agree ... I recall something about that, too. But I cannot find a link either. Only this linked post by Steve Richardson, and I think that may have been speaking of our conjecture.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ne-Vic-29-June-2016-6&p=12820411#post12820411

ETA: Though I did find this post (again, by Steve Richardson) that speaks of it being mentioned on A Current Affair (in July 2016).

BBM

One of those early article

So, getting to the heart of the matter: Is Mr Ristevski a suspect?

“He’s just another person we’ve spoken to ... keep in mind, he says to us he’s the last person to see her leave the house,’’ Inspector Dennis replies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/d544bf9c557888cb3d895dccb95f5c7a

BBM

Thank you South Aussie!! I knew I got the idea somewhere! It is all a bit confusing - the quote we can actually hear her say talks about a fight she didn't witness and includes ballistic but then it is included in the other account via Steve Richardson as well. But then his account have a level of detail I doubt he would make up out of nowhere, he seems like a reasonable person not trying to stir anything up, but add clarity.

It will all come out in the wash.

During an interview last July, Mr Ristevski told police his wife walked out of their Avondale Heights home on June 29 after an argument. Sarah, their only child, was the last person to see Mrs Ristevski before that row.
Sarah, now 22, was present at the family home earlier in the morning before leaving, police have been told.
The Herald Sun understands police believe they were close to making a key breakthrough in the case during the interview with Mr Ristevski.
The interview, which took place not long after 47-year-old Mrs *Ristevski was reported missing, came to an abrupt end when he refused to *answer any more questions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...04a9bea605e68a

One of those early article

So, getting to the heart of the matter: Is Mr Ristevski a suspect?

“He’s just another person we’ve spoken to ... keep in mind, he says to us he’s the last person to see her leave the house,’’ Inspector Dennis replies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/d544bf9c557888cb3d895dccb95f5c7a

you just cant get more classic in the Freudian slip department than this one by Borce... it's a common sentence spoken by brainless killers world wide.... the slightly surprised look, a sort of wonderment creeps across the face, ' why, Constable... come to think on it, I am the last person to have seen her alive!'......'imagine that' says the finely tuned constable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck