Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One comment that has intrigued me, and appears to be gratituous is from Borce in the early days. It is in the Channel 9 recorded interview where he is in a blue shirt with Sarah and the aunt behind. He states that ' she went upstairs and then she left through the garage'...

Why state this? It would have been sufficient to state that 'she left'. Truth mixed with fiction? Of course she left through the garage - likely in the boot of the Mercedes. Not on foot under her own mobility. MOO

Agree. These three words "through the garage" seemed unnecessary and to me had underlying significance.

Completely agree. Perhaps they are going to put something in the boot ie body sized and compare the position of the car on its suspension with the car captured on the CCTV? I also imagine a snapshot of the computer system would be getting taken to see if borce's faulty fuel gauge fairy tale can be discredited with lack of a logged fault.

Given BR's fuel gauge story came out later in the piece to explain the phone pings police had detected on the Calder, I don't imagine all possibly evidence was collected from the car other than perhaps obvious stuff possible in situ at the house like the tyre make/model, tread pattern, and physical samples (hair, blood etc present etc).

They have had the cctv of a the merc leaving the house and crossing Diggers Rest railway for a while, where else it has been snapped ...who knows.
They have waited along time to tow it away.

Is it just another message to the suspect or suspects .... were coming ...... not long now?

imo

"When Vehicle Searches are Legal

Generally, an officer may conduct a search of your vehicle under one of the following conditions:

You consent to a search
The officer has probable cause to suspect the existence of incriminating evidence in your vehicle
The officer reasonably believes that a vehicle search is necessary for his or her own protection (i.e. suspicion of a concealed weapon)
You have been arrested"

Hoping its the last reason!!

http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-stops/vehicle-search-and-seizure.html

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep, I reckon they've done a complete re-enactment maybe up to crime scene and back [emoji848] ..... and returning it to police station by tow truck ... interesting caller to 3AW said they saw it about 1.40 pm .... maybe trying to account for missing 100 or so minutes too .... [emoji848] MOO or should I say MIO ... my insane opinion [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

For the police to remove the Mercedes from the Ristevski property they would need to have a warrant to do so. I would love to read what that warrant contains!

IMO the reason for the removal of the Mercedes is that the police now have new information or evidence and need to test it against the Mercedes again.

They have had the cctv of a the merc leaving the house and crossing Diggers Rest railway for a while, where else it has been snapped ...who knows.
They have waited along time to tow it away.

Is it just another message to the suspect or suspects .... were coming ...... not long now?

imo

They would have needed a really good reason to impound the vehicle. You can bet your bottom dollar that Borce's high flying lawyer would have been resisting this heavily.

I suspect they have done many dry runs of that day in a similiar vehicle. Now perhaps the prosecutor wants several re-enactments in the exact vehicle. I expect a re-enactment could also occur at a similar time of day tomorrow, or in the near future.

If they have been seen driving the vehicle around after impounding it, I cannot imagine what other kind of testing is being done ... other than an exact-as-possible-reconstruction (several times over, for accuracy and good, strong evidence in the court).

I can only imagine the evidence they must have to enable a magistrate to allow such a thing.

My feeling is that if they just wanted a carpet fibre or such (and surely they would have taken that already, just in case), then the vehicle would not have required impounding. A simple on-site sample could have been taken ... with a warrant, of course.

Completely agree. Perhaps they are going to put something in the boot ie body sized and compare the position of the car on its suspension with the car captured on the CCTV? I also imagine a snapshot of the computer system would be getting taken to see if borce's faulty fuel gauge fairy tale can be discredited with lack of a logged fault.

Given BR's fuel gauge story came out later in the piece to explain the phone pings police had detected on the Calder, I don't imagine all possibly evidence was collected from the car other than perhaps obvious stuff possible in situ at the house like the tyre make/model, tread pattern, and physical samples (hair, blood etc present etc).

Me thinks this would have been done ALONG ago. Why was the Merc released into his custody? Surely LE/Forensics would have waited until all relative testing had been checked and double checked. The black Merc is certainly the elephant in the room.

"When Vehicle Searches are Legal

Generally, an officer may conduct a search of your vehicle under one of the following conditions:

You consent to a search
The officer has probable cause to suspect the existence of incriminating evidence in your vehicle
The officer reasonably believes that a vehicle search is necessary for his or her own protection (i.e. suspicion of a concealed weapon)
You have been arrested"

Hoping its the last reason!!

http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-stops/vehicle-search-and-seizure.html

Thanks decsimp. That site looks to be related to American rules, not Australian.

The following site is very comprehensive about what police can and can't do when searching you or your property. It is a Queensland site but the same rules apply nationally.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/being-arrested-and-police-custody/being-searched

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/36478724/black-mercedes-taken-away-from-karen-ristevskis-home/#page1
Ok so this was a staged re enactment , car returned 15 mins later on the tow truck.
Do you think they want to capture the Merc back on the neighbours cctv and compare shadowing within the vehicle with say one or two people within so they can compare the grainier images they already have .

The Age has reported that the car was impounded (on a tow truck) and later seen being driven around.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...-home-of-karen-ristevski-20170724-gxhl2a.html

I wonder if they've uncovered something that directly links the car with KRs murder or want to relook at that gps evidence? ... I'm guessing that's the reason they had to give the car back to br previously (no direct evidence it was used in a crime?)

I don't think the car has ever been returned to BR, we have seen many stories from Oakley Drive, but I have only ever seen Polo and Tiguan and garage does not have a rear roller door.

Me thinks this would have been done ALONG ago. Why was the Merc released into his custody? Surely LE/Forensics would have waited until all relative testing had been checked and double checked. The black Merc is certainly the elephant in the room.

If the police didn't find anything incriminating in or on the Mercedes first time round, they would be obligated to return it to BR.

Borce we hope you handed yourself in!! Maybe he's sitting at the station now and told them she died in her car accidently. "Officer I stopped the car suddenly when I was checking out the faulty gauge with her and she hit her head on the dash and I panicked when I couldn't wake her up"🤔.

How did he disable the deployment of the airbags?

They could have found something on Karen they need to match with the car after excluding the others of the same make etc.

One of our wonderful local WS'ers reported seeing the Merc there only days ago.

When would the defence do their tests?

Maybe they are triple checking the fuel gauge? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon a little crime reconstruction might be going on. Testing time lines, routes taken, phone pings, CCTV etc. To see if the same result may occur ... the same result as the evidence they have now.

BBM
However, a 3AW reporter later saw the vehicle driving around the Avondale Heights area.

Victoria Police has refused to comment.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...-home-of-karen-ristevski-20170724-gxhl2a.html

that seems likely, perhaps filling the missing 100 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne