Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Germany your post (the initial one from more than 24hours ago) just blew me away and from being along time reader I just had to register and post ! (it's taken this long to get permission/access to post) Karen is always in mythoughts and I am going stir crazy with expectation of an arrest: so Ican only imagine just how much the perp(s) are squirming around. I am attached tomy phone, constantly refreshing websleuths!

There’s been an amazing wealth of analysis throughout thethreads: you are all so amazing and a lifeline of sanity during this agonisingwait.

For me, I haven’t been able to really understand the lengthof time between Karen going missing and then the recorded report (in the diaryof the cyclist which no doubt you amazing sleuthers can rattle the dates) ofthe smells in the forest. The time connection seemed so far apart. It may bethat the lime helped in that regard but I believe that Karen was transported tothat site at a later date and the fact that BR (and associates) would have accessto additional refrigeration, would seem to be a perfect solution. We have adeep freezer at home and it would be a simple task to fit any person in there!

I also hear truth in Ant’s comments that Karen may haveintended to leave when SR turned 21. Growing up, us kids would often hear mymother yell “as soon as you kids finish school: im leaving your father” whichshe did and which I never doubted that she would do.

It is also well within reason that there was a heatedargument at home at night, the night before she was due at the store, whenKaren went “ballistic”. It is not unreasonable for me to imagine that SR mayhave inadvertently caused Karen harm (or eg a hit or push in the throw of an argument) which as a loving protective father BR hascovered up: I much prefer to believe that this was not the case: it's just that the report is that she is not talking to LE.

Alternatively, following Karen’s “ballistic” episode I wouldexpect Karen would either:

(a) go to her room to pack her bags to leave (assuming shedidn’t already have them packed had they fought often) BR could have ended herthen – how, I don’t know:

(b) stride into a spare bedroom (a non marital bedroom) andplonk herself down to calm down (BR could have smothered her with a pillowwhilst she lay in the separate bed perhaps listening to music withearphones….but I’m not sure whether BR would be strong enough) or

(c ) leave the house to cool down – but this gets into thewhole messy BR story which I think none of us believe that Karen ever left thehouse alive...

SR says she was home the morning that Karen was due to go towork. I don’t believe this. I wonder whether the police have taken a statementfrom SR’s boyfriend to check where he believed she was. No doubt the policealready have SR phone records: they will show her location if she used themobile. If SR had a hand in it on the night Karen went “ballistic” then Ibelieve BR would have told SR to stay in her room until morning and that hewould deal with it, or he would have told her leave the house that night/ or SRchose to leave the house that night with an agreed plan and explanation aboutwhat they would both say over the coming days.

The words ““I know you would never do this to me, becauseI'm an only child” leads me to believe that in SR’s mind the thing that Karenwould never do, is leave her, and Karen must have told them (or BR told SR that's what karen had said) that she had hadenough and was leaving.

Steve Richardson, my heart goes out to you and your familyand you must know that we are all praying and awaiting a super strapped up andwater tight case from the police.

IMHOO

From what I recall there was fertiliser found near her crime scene so police wouldn't even know if she met her maker there.

From Germany your post (the initial one from more than 24hours ago) just blew me away and from being along time reader I just had to register and post ! (it's taken this long to get permission/access to post) Karen is always in mythoughts and I am going stir crazy with expectation of an arrest: so Ican only imagine just how much the perp(s) are squirming around. I am attached tomy phone, constantly refreshing websleuths!

There’s been an amazing wealth of analysis throughout thethreads: you are all so amazing and a lifeline of sanity during this agonisingwait.

For me, I haven’t been able to really understand the lengthof time between Karen going missing and then the recorded report (in the diaryof the cyclist which no doubt you amazing sleuthers can rattle the dates) ofthe smells in the forest. The time connection seemed so far apart. It may bethat the lime helped in that regard but I believe that Karen was transported tothat site at a later date and the fact that BR (and associates) would have accessto additional refrigeration, would seem to be a perfect solution. We have adeep freezer at home and it would be a simple task to fit any person in there!

I also hear truth in Ant’s comments that Karen may haveintended to leave when SR turned 21. Growing up, us kids would often hear mymother yell “as soon as you kids finish school: im leaving your father” whichshe did and which I never doubted that she would do.

It is also well within reason that there was a heatedargument at home at night, the night before she was due at the store, whenKaren went “ballistic”. It is not unreasonable for me to imagine that SR mayhave inadvertently caused Karen harm (or eg a hit or push in the throw of an argument) which as a loving protective father BR hascovered up: I much prefer to believe that this was not the case: it's just that the report is that she is not talking to LE.

Alternatively, following Karen’s “ballistic” episode I wouldexpect Karen would either:

(a) go to her room to pack her bags to leave (assuming shedidn’t already have them packed had they fought often) BR could have ended herthen – how, I don’t know:

(b) stride into a spare bedroom (a non marital bedroom) andplonk herself down to calm down (BR could have smothered her with a pillowwhilst she lay in the separate bed perhaps listening to music withearphones….but I’m not sure whether BR would be strong enough) or

(c ) leave the house to cool down – but this gets into thewhole messy BR story which I think none of us believe that Karen ever left thehouse alive...

SR says she was home the morning that Karen was due to go towork. I don’t believe this. I wonder whether the police have taken a statementfrom SR’s boyfriend to check where he believed she was. No doubt the policealready have SR phone records: they will show her location if she used themobile. If SR had a hand in it on the night Karen went “ballistic” then Ibelieve BR would have told SR to stay in her room until morning and that hewould deal with it, or he would have told her leave the house that night/ or SRchose to leave the house that night with an agreed plan and explanation aboutwhat they would both say over the coming days.

The words ““I know you would never do this to me, becauseI'm an only child” leads me to believe that in SR’s mind the thing that Karenwould never do, is leave her, and Karen must have told them (or BR told SR that's what karen had said) that she had hadenough and was leaving.

Steve Richardson, my heart goes out to you and your familyand you must know that we are all praying and awaiting a super strapped up andwater tight case from the police.

IMHOO

Thank you for posting and welcome. It's great to have some new opinions. The refrigeration aspect is something new to consider. Gawd, I hope that's not the case though. Hopefully forensics will determine whether that has happened.

One day, those of us who care about the taking of this precious human life, will find out the truth.

Resident Ian Flannery noticed a rancid smell in bushland off Loch Rd about six to eight months ago.
“Every time I’d come down with the dogs, one of the dogs would actually stop in this position most of the time,” he said.
“I could smell a pretty pungent, arid sort of smell, but I just put it down to a kangaroo carcass. But I would walk across here and wouldn’t see anything.”

Six or eight months ago is that correct?
If he wrote in his diary I am sure there is a very accurate timeframe.
Late Feb 2017 would take it back to late June to late August 2016.
imo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/ed513999a9b5e1554cb3a2854762791d
Body of missing Avondale Heights mum Karen Ristevski found
MARK BUTTLER, ANDREA HAMBLIN, KARA IRVING, MARK BUTTLER, CHANEL KINNIBURGH and CASSIE ZERVOS, Herald Sun
February 22, 2017 9:22pm

Resident Ian Flannery noticed a rancid smell in bushland off Loch Rd about six to eight months ago.
“Every time I’d come down with the dogs, one of the dogs would actually stop in this position most of the time,” he said.
“I could smell a pretty pungent, arid sort of smell, but I just put it down to a kangaroo carcass. But I would walk across here and wouldn’t see anything.”

imo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/ed513999a9b5e1554cb3a2854762791d
MARK BUTTLER, ANDREA HAMBLIN, KARA IRVING, MARK BUTTLER, CHANEL KINNIBURGH and CASSIE ZERVOS, Herald Sun

If he walked across there and didn't see anything, then perhaps the branches were not placed in the vertical position inside the trunk at that point, or he would certainly have noticed don't you think? I'm wondering if the police moved them into this position as they examined the crime scene.
d12f269b049fb7c411cb9b4bddfd38c1.jpg

If he walked across there and didn't see anything, then perhaps the branches were not placed in the vertical position inside the trunk at that point, or he would certainly have noticed don't you think? I'm wondering if the police moved them into this position as they examined the crime scene.
d12f269b049fb7c411cb9b4bddfd38c1.jpg
I think this image is taken from a helicopter. The two larger logs would probably obscure anything concealed inside from view.
This is a macabre question but what would have prevented dogs or foxes from taking or disturbing the remains?

To me, that is the worst thing. That he let her body rot and people could smell her body rotting and stinking. That is so disrespectful to me. I know when you are dead, you do not know anything about your death, but I am pretty sure none of us want to be a foul smelling throwaway bit of garbage.

I think this image is taken from a helicopter. The two larger logs would probably obscure anything concealed inside from view.
This is a macabre question but what would have prevented dogs or foxes from taking or disturbing the remains?

Yes it is a still taken from the helicopter flyover Oona. It sounds like his dogs were practically indicating on the site though. I guess we don't know if it was disturbed by animals.

imo

Soso, you are a legend! I was inspired to put together a quick chronology (with variables!)

28/29 June 2016 Karen last seen

@end of June 2016 (8th month of 6-8 months before 20 February 2017) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

July 2016 photographer Jay Town was in the bush in July stumbled across bottles of industrial strength fertiliser (note no mention of any smell)

20 July 2016 (7th month of 6 to 8 months before 20 February) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

August 2016 dean sees two men in truck 200m from where body found

20 August 2016 (6th month of 6 to 8 months before 20 feb 2017) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

October 2016 police search abandoned burnt down restaurant (vr seen there numerous times in months prior)

November or December 2016 expressionless eyes shovel man witnessed by Gary Salt at midnight encounter (news article report both months)

20 February 2017 Karen found

I have wondered this for some time thinking some sort of deterrent may have been used to stop animals interfering with remains. Maybe K was wrapped in a sheet or similar? Odor could escape but too difficult for wildlife to disturb.:(

Thank you for posting and welcome. It's great to have some new opinions. The refrigeration aspect is something new to consider. Gawd, I hope that's not the case though. Hopefully forensics will determine whether that has happened.

One day, those of us who care about the taking of this precious human life, will find out the truth.

I remember sleuthing Vasko's catering business close by? With all this talk of freezers, that's the best place to freeze someone. IMO.
(I doubt this happened)

Soso, you are a legend! I was inspired to put together a quick chronology (with variables!)

28/29 June 2016 Karen last seen

@end of June 2016 (8th month of 6-8 months before 20 February 2017) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

July 2016 photographer Jay Town was in the bush in July stumbled across bottles of industrial strength fertiliser (note no mention of any smell)

20 July 2016 (7th month of 6 to 8 months before 20 February) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

August 2016 dean sees two men in truck 200m from where body found

20 August 2016 (6th month of 6 to 8 months before 20 feb 2017) start of rancid smell Ian Flannery

October 2016 police search abandoned burnt down restaurant (vr seen there numerous times in months prior)

November or December 2016 expressionless eyes shovel man witnessed by Gary Salt at midnight encounter (news article report both months)

20 February 2017 Karen found

Soso is a legend, but you are proving to be very helpful too. Great to have this timeline. Thanks!

I am going stir crazy with expectation of an arrest: so Ican only imagine just how much the perp(s) are squirming around. I am attached tomy phone, constantly refreshing Websleuths!

Amen to your first statement I am also 24/7 refreshing websleuths on this one!

Did SR make the comment that KR went ballistic? Because if it was a serious fight and KR had finally had enough and couldn't put up with it anymore you do tend to go ballistic as such and decide in that moment is the right time to leave, this is it, done. Problem being this is the time when their partner is most likely to kill them as the argument escalates and the abuser is losing control.

If this did happen I could only imagine SR witnessing it all and blocking out what's happening, trying to protect herself from being the target but also terrified her Mum might leave and what then? If he killed her with SR in the house with SE will definately have nowhere to turn and will only be using not talking to LE as a coping mechanism to protect herself from BR.

in my own personal experience with domestic violence, the one time I got enough guts to go to the police I ran out of the house and drove to the police station so quick I was a hysterical mess. I was isolated from all of my friends, family and even the police officer couldn't talk me into telling them what was really going on. It is the scariest time in your life and the worst part is - the police are very limited in what they can do in regards to DV. I went back home after some time and then it turned into a guilt trip from my husband- I can't trust you, even accused me of harassing him by attempting to make false statements to the police about him.

my neighbour one night was being abused by her partner and was screaming out for help. I rang police and they came, and took the husband away but he returned to the house 3 days later and the abuse continues.

So of SR speaks to LE let us all not forget the fact that it has been more than a year without an arrest being made on the killer - it does go to show how long things can take despite the fact that it leaves victims in dangerous situations.

Brought over from the previous thread!!

Originally posted by emirates1957
I was at my daughters salon today. The owner of the salon said that one of her clients had seen Karen on the morning walking.....apparently this was passed onto LE. I have asked my daughters boss to pass my mobile onto the said client and asked if she would contact me.

Has she (client) by any chance, made contact with you yet, Emirates? Or have you spoken to your daughters boss again, in regards to her client seeing Karen the day she disappeared? I think you also mentioned the owner of the Salon believes her client is very reliable and did report seeing Karen out walking the day she disappeared but LE didn't seem very interested at the time (?) Something along those lines. (?) Sorry if my questions have been answered in the previous thread and I've missed the post/s! :facepalm:

Brought over from the previous thread!!

Has she (client) by any chance, made contact with you yet, Emirates? Or have you spoken to your daughters boss again, in regards to her client seeing Karen the day she disappeared? I think you also mentioned the owner of the Salon believes her client is very reliable and did report seeing Karen out walking the day she disappeared but LE didn't seem very interested at the time (?) Something along those lines. (?) Sorry if my questions have been answered in the previous thread and I've missed the post/s! :facepalm:

I'm trying the find the link that says the neighbours cameras did not see Karen walking from the house that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892