Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re back seat: absolutely. News.com article states passenger seat not back seat..

'Mr Cefala said it was his understanding Ms Ristevski was strangled and then placed in the boot of her black Mercedes SLK coupe and driven to Mt Macedon. Police have so far not released her cause of death.

The two men have also made the bizarre claim that a mannequin was placed in the car’s front passenger seat during the alleged transportation of the victim’s body.'

with the store and closure of any other stores earlier it would be pheasible to have a mannequin at home (also the earlier posted article re mannequin in car to circumvent driving in designated +1 lanes was an eye opener)

Re back seat: absolutely. News.com article states passenger seat not back seat..

'Mr Cefala said it was his understanding Ms Ristevski was strangled and then placed in the boot of her black Mercedes SLK coupe and driven to Mt Macedon. Police have so far not released her cause of death.

The two men have also made the bizarre claim that a mannequin was placed in the car’s front passenger seat during the alleged transportation of the victim’s body.'

with the store and closure of any other stores earlier it would be pheasible to have a mannequin at home (also the earlier posted article re mannequin in car to circumvent driving in designated +1 lanes was an eye opener)

bbm
I don't know if the claim would be so bizarre .... after all BR was sitting near the repository re mannequins. Maybe, they had even one at home for decoration. (I have always wanted a mannequin for decoration. Never got one when I had still salary income. Now it's too late.) In any case the idea (by BR) would have been very clever somehow.

I just remember that police had a test drive to the store and we were thinking of reasons, why they were driving there. I considered at that time, BR might have killed in the store. Perhaps both: he killed KR in the store and afterwards took a mannequin to replace her on the passenger seat (she had to be transported in the trunk)?? If he had been seen by someone then one could have thought it was only a mannequin that he loaded into the trunk. Excellent idea! :dunno:

I used to own a mannequin. He would have been only able to put the upper torso in the front. They come apart at the waist.

I think it would be making himself conspicuous at exactly the wrong time. Especially if he intended to say he'd been home all day. Some kid looks across from another car and comments on the "big doll" in the seat, so the parent remembers seeing the car. Or some traffic cops spot it and decide to pull him over and ask if that's to get a cheat ride in the fast lane. His hands are shaking, so they take a look in the boot.

As strange as it may sound over the years I have worked with 2 people who would put a dummy/mannequin in the passenger seat in order to utilise that lane. These guys lived quite a distance from work so this was an option to get there faster.

I used to own a mannequin. He would have been only able to put the upper torso in the front. They come apart at the waist.

I don't think it's that uncommon I have one when I used to sell clothes on EBAY.

I don't think it's that uncommon I have one when I used to sell clothes on EBAY.
My point was, the torso would be the part on the seat, however, they are elongated, so without the buttocks it would still probably look to be a normal woman's height. Don't mind me, feeling vague.

My point was, the torso would be the part on the seat, however, they are elongated, so without the buttocks it would still probably look to be a normal woman's height. Don't mind me, feeling vague.

It's quite possible Karen had a dressmaker's dummy at home for designing purposes. Those I've seen end at the hips, but I'm unsure if they unscrew from a stand.

Edit: But I don't think I've seen one with a head.

I think it would be making himself conspicuous at exactly the wrong time. Especially if he intended to say he'd been home all day. Some kid looks across from another car and comments on the "big doll" in the seat, so the parent remembers seeing the car. Or some traffic cops spot it and decide to pull him over and ask if that's to get a cheat ride in the fast lane. His hands are shaking, so they take a look in the boot.

I couldn't agree more JLZ, far from being a decoy I think it would likely attract more attention to a car that already stands out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is getting weirder and weirder... all these latest claims in the podcast- what is going on??
The mannequin theory though- I had not considered that... however BR never claimed to be driving in the car with KR that morning. His story was always that she went for a walk.
Will this case ever be solved?? Wish the CCTV was clear enough to see who was in that car. It did appear, in some of the stills that there was another "person" in the car...

IMO JMO JMOO MOO

Yes TGY...All Karen's mannequins have no heads

View attachment 123268

Here are some with heads that can look real in a car from a distance

View attachment 123269 View attachment 123270

I guess the boys didn't think about Karen's shop mannequins having no heads when they were getting all excited about their story. I wonder if they have ever even been into any of the Bella Bleu shops.

I would think the headless mannequins are more cost effective and perhaps even easier to dress. As well as allowing a shopper to think about the displayed clothing as it would suit them, instead of seeing it with a particular shade of mannequin-hair and thinking the item(s) of clothing may not suit themselves.

I guess the boys didn't think about Karen's shop mannequins having no heads when they were getting all excited about their story. I wonder if they have ever even been into any of the Bella Bleu shops.

I would think the headless mannequins are more cost effective and perhaps even easier to dress. As well as allowing a shopper to think about the displayed clothing as it would suit them, instead of seeing it with a particular shade of mannequin-hair and thinking the item(s) of clothing may not suit themselves.

I think "old-fashioned" mannequins rather had heads; maybe, this was an older one? Maybe, equipment of another store these business people had owned once? Or maybe Borce owned a lifelike doll from Asia, hahaha?

The calder isn't one of the hwys where you get special lane privilege for carrying extra passengers.... so no mannequin would allow you a fast lane. ..none exists.

Watergardens shopping centre has full surveillance videos operating inside and out, so anything going south here should show up on video. ...

for all us know. ..police may be holding any disclosure about something happening ay Watergardens shopping centre to themselves..

Its possible.

IMO the latest is just a wannabe individual hanging off a confused person.....both trying to gain attention....possibly thinking there maybe some finacial payday at the end..

All at the expense of what was a living breathing person who had the right to get up tommorow like the rest of us.

The calder isn't one of the hwys where you get special lane privilege for carrying extra passengers.... so no mannequin would allow you a fast lane. ..none exists.

Watergardens shopping centre has full surveillance videos operating inside and out, so anything going south here should show up on video. ...

for all us know. ..police may be holding any disclosure about something happening ay Watergardens shopping centre to themselves..

Its possible.

IMO the latest is just a wannabe individual hanging off a confused person.....both trying to gain attention....possibly thinking there maybe some finacial payday at the end..

All at the expense of what was a living breathing person who had the right to get up tommorow like the rest of us.

The mannequin thing is very strange. Why was he trying to pretend he was out driving with KR if he was also going to claim she was out walking?

However i also wonder could a mannequin be the thing that made the childers rd witness recall seeing a car like KRs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

WSer michael.gartley is a visual recognition expert.

There were a few questions about CCTV wrt Karen's car, earlier in this thread.

Michael is willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members