Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this case is unravelling in spectacular fashion .... like a ball of wool rolling down Mount Everest, not long now .... MOO

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

On her travel buddy's FB page.

Yep, that's the source. I'm amazed her boyfriend was ok with her travelling for so long with a male buddy. I'm not sure now if she still has that boyfriend , seems odd.

Also clears up that 'object' in the middle for me. I can clearly see now that it is the rearview mirror, which extends down quite a bit .. as some had suggested before.

Thanks, Mike!

Still puzzled about the blacking out of the rear passenger side window though. Particularly when the other rear side window does not appear blacked out to me, as I can see through that one.

I think I know what 'blacks out' the 'rear quarter window', SA. Behind the seats are two arched structures (I don't know what they're called as I'm not a European car buff - give me an old Holden any day):

attachment.php

Source: http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-we...ciency-amg-sport-2dr-tip-auto-130269883-7.jpg

Could they be the reason, in combination with the headrests of the seats and the retractable roof? The seats are pretty far back in the SLK.

Attachments

• IMG_4281.JPG
    IMG_4281.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 154
I think I know what 'blacks out' the 'rear quarter window', SA. Behind the seats are two arched structures (I don't know what they're called as I'm not a European car buff - give me an old Holden any day):

attachment.php

Source: http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-we...ciency-amg-sport-2dr-tip-auto-130269883-7.jpg

Could they be the reason, in combination with the headrests of the seats and the retractable roof? The seats are pretty far back in the SLK.

I dunno, Bohemian. I appreciate what you are saying, but it looks like something black has been put over the window to me. It is really bugging me. Did the police black out this window before they posted the CCTV? The other rear side window is clear.

I dunno, Bohemian. I appreciate what you are saying, but it looks like something black has been put over the window to me. It is really bugging me. Did the police black out this window before they posted the CCTV? The other rear side window is clear.

It's hard to tell from the CCTV. It may be part of the retractable roof, it may be 'blacked out'. Maybe give the 'mistaken mechanic a call :floorlaugh:

Been trying to get a still frame from Mike's version, not convinced that it's BR, more like AR or associate of SR, going by hairstyle and colour from last year ..... very tricky [emoji848] ..... BR probably drove car back home though ..... JMOO
5c9ccb2b1ff0fee66207d03e86d8d9d0.jpg

Been trying to get a still frame from Mike's version, not convinced that it's BR, more like AR or associate of SR, going by hairstyle and colour from last year ..... very tricky [emoji848] ..... BR probably drove car back home though ..... JMOO
5c9ccb2b1ff0fee66207d03e86d8d9d0.jpg
Another thought about the figure. They seem to be looking straight at the CCTV camera and wearing dark clothing, ie; a long sleeved jacket, jumper, sweatshirt. I may be imagining it but also glasses? My guess, by the width of the face, etc, is that whoever it is ‘resembles’ BR. Also the figure seems to be sitting in the passenger side unless the car is left hand drive. Was Karen’s car an import? Could that figure be obscuring the view of the driver of the vehicle if they are sitting back in the driver’s seat in a right hand drive vehicle? I’m not sure if the figure is resting their elbow on an open window either.

Another thought about the figure. They seem to be looking straight at the CCTV camera and wearing dark clothing, ie; a long sleeved jacket, jumper, sweatshirt. I may be imagining it but also glasses? My guess, by the width of the face, etc, is that whoever it is ‘resembles’ BR. Also the figure seems to be sitting in the passenger side unless the car is left hand drive. Was Karen’s car an import? Could that figure be obscuring the view of the driver of the vehicle if they are sitting back in the driver’s seat in a right hand drive vehicle? I’m not sure if the figure is resting their elbow on an open window either.
Interesting what you see, Bo .... and I guess we could easily rule out AR by going back through his FB, I mean, now we know car went through Diggers Rest at 11.12 am on the 29th [emoji848] .... does anyone happen to recall, or saved a grab from FB, I recall something about Diggers Rest chemist, but not the time .... working now, but can trawl through the meme's later I guess. I think what looks like arm resting could be a reflection outside car, not sure.

Interesting what you see, Bo .... and I guess we could easily rule out AR by going back through his FB, I mean, now we know car went through Diggers Rest at 11.12 am on the 29th [emoji848] .... does anyone happen to recall, or saved a grab from FB, I recall something about Diggers Rest chemist, but not the time .... working now, but can trawl through the meme's later I guess. I think what looks like arm resting could be a reflection outside car, not sure.

I think it was early afternoon, like 1pm or a bit after. I don't recall how it was established that he was actually there though, whether there was CCTV or somebody actually had to watch him doing the signing and witness that, or whether there was a receipt that stamped the time (and might have been obtained by somebody else).

Even if the car is an import, there are rules about converting left hand drive cars to right hand drive within a certain time frame (in SA it is within 12 months) if the car will be driven on our roads regularly. My brother had to do this with a car he imported from the US, otherwise they won't re-register the vehicle.

Why can't the police drag Borce in for questioning and hook him up to a liar detector...or is his lawyer able to protect him from having that happen?

Surely by doing so they would be able to extract a confession from him (as it appeared in msm that the police were close in an earlier attempt) so Karen's side of the family can have some closure.

It's about respect for Karen and being remembered for the person she was.

Why was Borce also able to get his mechanic to change his story about fixing the fuel gauge in the merc, when the mechanic had previously denied having fixed it in the first place?

This bloke Borce seems to have so much control over so many people and get away with it. Why is this so?

Why can't the police drag Borce in for questioning and hook him up to a liar detector...or is his lawyer able to protect him from having that happen?

Surely by doing so they would be able to extract a confession from him (as it appeared in msm that the police were close in an earlier attempt) so Karen's side of the family can have some closure.

He has a legal right to remain silent. He doesn't need a lawyer to be able to exercise that right. Police can't drag him anywhere without his consent unless they arrest him.

I don't think lie detectors are much used in Australia. The results aren't admissible in court. The jury is the lie detector.

Why was Borce also able to get his mechanic to change his story about fixing the fuel gauge in the merc, when the mechanic had previously denied having fixed it in the first place?

This bloke Borce seems to have so much control over so many people and get away with it. Why is this so?

Why don't you believe the mechanic when he said he made a mistake? People forget things. What makes you think Borce "made" him change his story? Isn't it appropriate that someone issues a correction when he realizes he was wrong? Do you think nobody admits to having made a mistake unless "made" to do so?

He has a legal right to remain silent. He doesn't need a lawyer to be able to exercise that right. Police can't drag him anywhere without his consent unless they arrest him.

I don't think lie detectors are much used in Australia. The results aren't admissible in court. The jury is the lie detector.

Why don't the police arrest him then to hook him up to a lie detector, as I've seen happen in some Australian cases in the past?

Even if he was arrested for this to take place, can Borce still refuse to have it done even after being arrested for that purpose?

Were police close to getting a confession though at the start? I cant look up articles at the moment but i thought they just said they were close to a break through not specifically with BR. Maybe br has never truly said much and it was SR that they nearly got the break through from? I feel like BR might be actually smart and knew to not say anything from the start. Having the phones be traced seems to be his biggest misstep

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Why don't you believe the mechanic when he said he made a mistake? People forget things. What makes you think Borce "made" him change his story? Isn't it appropriate that someone issues a correction when he realizes he was wrong? Do you think nobody admits to having made a mistake unless "made" to do so?

A mechanic's log book of jobs is used when customers have work done on their vehicles and copies of invoices by the mechanic are kept for their records.

All the mechanic had to do was to refer to his records as proof of whether the job had been done on the merc or not, as this is the normal procedure in a business transaction.

Why don't the police arrest him then to hook him up to a lie detector, as I've seen happen in some Australian cases in the past?

Even if he was arrested for this to take place, can Borce still refuse to have it done even after being arrested for that purpose?

Farquharson's (which he failed) was voluntary. I don't think it can be forced on someone in Victoria. This pamphlet from Victorian Legal Aid talks about police powers when someone is under arrest (see from page 12) and there is no mention of lie detectors. https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/sit...rce-police-powers-your-rights-in-victoria.pdf

If they arrest Borce, within a reasonable time they need to either charge him or let him go. If they charge him, he should get access to all the evidence against him. Police would probably want to keep a lid on that until they really have enough to get a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme