Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took a screenshot of the police twitter for KR, dated 30 June 2016, hope that clears up any confusion, just the plea for help at the Avondale Heights police station was a few days later [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yes, I looked at this earlier, too. I agree that Karen was reported missing quite soon, and I think it was likely by Sarah, who initially was making some efforts to find her mother. She is adult enough to realise that Karen's disappearance was very out of character.

I just think that it dawned on Sarah a few days later about what likely happened. Her father's potential involvement. The fact that she is going to lose both parents sooner or later ... one to murder, one to prison. And that is when she clammed up.

If the police interview was considered 'abusive' it would only be because the police were trying to get through to her, strongly, that they need her help in pinning the murderer down. They need the exact situation. They need to know Borce's behaviour and demeanor prior to, during, and immediately after the fact. They need to know the difference in stories being told, to her, to them, to the media. They need to know what is missing from the house ... bedcoverings, potential weapons, medications, her mother's shoes, goodbye notes, money, broken drinking glasses/crockery, towels .....

All imo, of course.

Itsapuzzle thats the first time I have seen a date and time from the police so thanks & well done & to BR my 72 hours was slightly out so I will put my hand up and say my thoughts re time and date were totally wrong so apologies for that.

Itsapuzzle thats the first time I have seen a date and time from the police so thanks & well done & to BR my 72 hours was slightly out so I will put my hand up and say my thoughts re time and date were totally wrong so apologies for that.
Happy to clear it up for you Steve [emoji4] ..... a lot of us got confused about the date because of an article by Andrew Rule, but it turns out he was talking about the media appeal, this is the paragraph from story:
"The last time Mrs Ristevski was seen was June 29, a Wednesday. It wasn’t until July 2, the following Saturday, distraught daughter Sarah told police and made a plea for help to find her mother. Six days later, police interviewed Borce, who maintained he and Karen had argued at the house over finances before she left for a walk to “clear her head” about 10am."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...k/news-story/18e67718c36c1ba72e1d527b6c0d146d

Just took a screenshot of the police twitter for KR, dated 30 June 2016, hope that clears up any confusion, just the plea for help at the Avondale Heights police station was a few days later [emoji4]
31874c2c3e0be7d6627fa1ff7464beb7.jpg

I notice the time for that release was 6:11am so maybe Karen was reported missing late in the previous day? i.e last seen alive by Borce in the morning and reported missing that evening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to note that the police require family consent prior to making a public appeal for a missing person. Just a little tidbit that I wanted to share.

It seems that the police may have immediately determined that a 'risk factor' was present in Karen's disappearance, considering the very early timing of their (authorised) police media release.

Deciding to make a public appeal
The first step when deciding whether to make a public appeal is to talk to the police or search agencies involved in your missing persons case. Police will need to seek your consent for publicity prior to involving media.

When considering whether a case is appropriate for media, risk factors such as a missing person’s medical needs, grave concerns for their safety or welfare, age or other vulnerabilities are taken into account. Where these risk factors are present, case officers will often encourage the use of media to obtain valuable information from the public and, hopefully, quickly locate the missing person.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/s...pens-next/first-week-three-months/using-media

Interesting to note that the police require family consent prior to making a public appeal for a missing person. Just a little tidbit that I wanted to share.

It is interesting to note the police need family consent SA.
Would that have to be her husband or daughter. Could it be a brother an aunt?

Tanja Ebert's husband did not report her missing did he? It was the family from overseas.

AR is ranting again. Peeved off about being harassed about an intervention order from 2yrs ago while his dad is still free.
Interesting how he mentions BR has one down and will SR be next!
Kevin is in his bad books too.

Happy to clear it up for you Steve [emoji4] ..... a lot of us got confused about the date because of an article by Andrew Rule, but it turns out he was talking about the media appeal, this is the paragraph from story:
"The last time Mrs Ristevski was seen was June 29, a Wednesday. It wasn’t until July 2, the following Saturday, distraught daughter Sarah told police and made a plea for help to find her mother. Six days later, police interviewed Borce, who maintained he and Karen had argued at the house over finances before she left for a walk to “clear her head” about 10am."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...k/news-story/18e67718c36c1ba72e1d527b6c0d146d

Yes A Rule had me confused ..:)

6:11 am on the 30th it was posted to facebook.
With no description of Karen or what she was wearing.

When was her description and what she was last seen wearing released was that late on the 1 July or the 2nd?

The medical condition and absence of shoes.

AR is ranting again. Peeved off about being harassed about an intervention order from 2yrs ago while his dad is still free.

Was wondering how long before he started off again.

Interesting! That indicates the “family friend” IS likely to be KT then IMO.

I notice the time for that release was 6:11am so maybe Karen was reported missing late in the previous day? i.e last seen alive by Borce in the morning and reported missing that evening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Itsa - makes you wonder about that one report of BR's phone pinging later that night.

Anyways, I know I am a bit of a pain but I am not convinced that SR spoke to LE before the 2nd. BR may have already given a statement ...imo

30 July - 6:11am Vic LE facebook - says little really. Search for KR. No photo no description, location, age nothing. So unless you knew her personally how could you help find her?
30 July - After 9am presumably Sharryn Hili received text from SR - went straight to the store and called SR who was too distressed to speak. Borce spoke and gave a version.
30 July - Does that blotted text relate to KR being missing?
1 July - Text - Hi Karen if you get this please come back everyone is worried.
https://www.nova100.com.au/latest/f...ski-released-massive-murder-case-developments

2 July - Complete article....earliest I can find.
Missing woman Karen Ristevski
Posted 2 Jul 2016, 10:26am
Karen Ristevski, 47, was last seen on June 29 2016 and police in Melbourne are concerned about the welfare of the Avondale Heights woman calling her disappearance highly irregular.

Still no description, just name and age.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-02/missing-woman-karen-ristevski/7563232

Disappearance of Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski 'highly irregular', police say
Updated 2 Jul 2016, 2:22pm

More detailed
*Phone OFF
*Medical condition
* Description
* What she was wearing and silver bag
* No mention of who was the last to see her or why she left the house.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...lbourne-woman-highly-irregular-police/7563218

How long would it take to get the pings on KR's phone?

July 2, 2016 3:15pm - earliest I can find.
BR and SR's and the details from the appeal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/ae221216840294694f316baec296c07a
Family fears for missing Avondale Heights mum Karen Ristevski
WES HOSKING and SERENA SEYFORT, Herald Sun

I am still slightly confused when I read "It wasn’t until July 2, the following Saturday, distraught daughter Sarah told police and made a plea for help to find her mother." then I see that screenshot from the Victoria Police at 6:11am on Thursday saying 'search for KR'. If the police knew that she was missing on the Thursday they would have contacted SR and she wouldn't be telling police on the Saturday as they would have already interviewed her on the Thursday.

Itsapuzzle exactly where did you source that screenshot from that you said that you just took? I went to the Victoria police twee site and the last tweet i could go back to was posted early Feb 2017.

Still finding it hard to clarify at what time Karen arrived home?

I am still slightly confused when I read "It wasn’t until July 2, the following Saturday, distraught daughter Sarah told police and made a plea for help to find her mother." then I see that screenshot from the Victoria Police at 6:11am on Thursday saying 'search for KR'. If the police knew that she was missing on the Thursday they would have contacted SR and she wouldn't be telling police on the Saturday as they would have already interviewed her on the Thursday.

Itsapuzzle exactly where did you source that screenshot from that you said that you just took? I went to the Victoria police twee site and the last tweet i could go back to was posted early Feb 2017.

Yes I am with you Steve, confused.
Maybe the Saturday is when SR actually made a more detailed statement - telling police her account of events.
I guess if Sarah was said to have left the home earlier that morning. She was not there when Karen was said to have left for her walk.
But as it became apparent thing were not as they seemed and the investigation stepped up - the police work backwards - and start interviewing those that had seen or had contact with Karen in the hours and days before she disappeared.
The confusion -
Whether Karen went ballistic that morning or the night before?
Whether Sarah was witness to that or whether she was simply repeating what her father had told her?
imo

It's Twitter not facebook...sorry.
For all you facebookers...when did family and friends start posting publicly about Karen being missing?
30th or after that date?

You can find the twitter announcement this way, Steve ..... in Google search bar type victoria police twitter karen ristevski, and it should be second in list, just look at date, hope you can find it, that's all I did [emoji4] ... yes, Andrew Rule was only talking about the public plea, he may not have known about police twitter when he wrote article [emoji848]

Interesting too moreinfo that those recent posts have been removed, only to be replaced with, err, a simple, um, two word message, straight to the point really [emoji848] .... possibly to whoever complained about said posts ..... MOO

I will cover a little that i have gone over in previous threads.

After an argument it went upstairs, i still believe SR may have been present in the house.

A mild mannered man shields a temper, some may be able to explain this.

I would still be of the thinking it was an accident in rage. On or near the stairs.

I have a friend in the USA, having a look at this. Whom i have known for 20+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier