Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #15 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the sale price of a stigmatised property would reduce the sale price by some percentage.
I assume the same would apply to the rental price.
An 11% reduction in just over a month. How much further might it fall?

Who will actually be ok -ing the prospective new tenants?
Maybe the real estate is on the Borce call list...:D
imo

Maybe a Power of Attorney? With all those crazy property transfers SR could actually own the property by now considering daddy might be away for quite some time. :thinking:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was the property actually rented after the first listing or do we only know that it was taken off the market for a period?

I find it hard to believe that police couldn't have got a warrant to forensically examine the place earlier.

Was the property actually rented after the first listing or do we only know that it was taken off the market for a period?

I find it hard to believe that police couldn't have got a warrant to forensically examine the place earlier.

Yes, for sure the house would have been forensically examined much earlier. The police seized the shovel that was found there. They would have had a warrant to do that, and likely seized the shovel at around the same time as they tested other stuff in the house.

I think someone earlier in the threads said that "rented" had been placed on the rental listing, at some point after the house was initially listed.

ETA: Yes, found the post by soso ... see my post below.

Here is the post from soso saying the property had been rented.

Post #292 on 13th December.

Yes I did post that on the day Borce was arrested - 13 December 2017.
The day the charge sheet said Karen was murdered in Avondale Heights on the day she was last seen.

I was wondering at the time how does a stigmatised property apply to renters. Given the estate agent may have had nothing that they actually had to disclose at the time of the lease agreement.
Which was said to have been November 2017.
My thought being at the time - if it has not been stated that Karen had been murdered in the house, is it a stigmatised property?
I guess once the last person to see Karen was charged with her murder and it was said that she was murdered in Avondale Heights the stigma of the property certainly does increase for any recent tenant,
you would think. The not knowing.
imo

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...death-of-karen-ristevski-20171212-h03kmb.html
Borce Ristevski charged with the murder of Karen Ristevski

Yes I did post that on the day Borce was arrested - 13 December 2017.
The day the charge sheet said Karen was murdered in Avondale Heights on the day she was last seen.

I was wondering at the time how does a stigmatised property apply to renters. Given the estate agent may have had nothing that they actually had to disclose at the time of the lease agreement.
Which was said to have been November 2017.
My thought being at the time - if it has not been stated that Karen had been murdered in the house, is it a stigmatised property?
I guess once the last person to see Karen was charged with her murder and it was said that she was murdered in Avondale Heights the stigma of the property certainly does increase for any recent tenant,
you would think. The not knowing.
imo

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...death-of-karen-ristevski-20171212-h03kmb.html
Borce Ristevski charged with the murder of Karen Ristevski

Yes, the not knowing. :D

Just throwing this out there. IMOO. Under cover police rented the house. Went through it with a fine tooth comb and a lot of luminol..... Bingo, was the final piece of the puzzle and hence the arrest of Borce. Big clean up and now on rental market again. Just my thoughts playing around with theories of course.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Good theory but surely they could just go in with a search warrant?

Good theory but surely they could just go in with a search warrant?
A search warrant was more than likely obtained, but my theory means that they had weeks to cover every square inch without anyone knowing. Could take their time day or night. No one to know or get suspicious not even Mr Stary.

A search warrant was more than likely obtained, but my theory means that they had weeks to cover every square inch without anyone knowing. Could take their time day or night. No one to know or get suspicious not even Mr Stary.

I think it was late to start being secretive about their suspicions. They were certainly very public about the car.

Nothing Mr Stary could have done in the face of a warrant . . . as far as I know.

I think they have to advise the property owner/occupant (whoever they are going after) that they are executing a search warrant.

Executing a Search Warrant is the term used for carrying it out. If they have a search warrant the Police must state that they have a search warrant and are at the premises to conduct a search ......
At the end of the search the police officer who executed the search warrant must give the occupier a document listing the items that they have taken.
https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/vic/search-warrants/

If they don't have a search warrant, it can be deemed an illegal search. Then any evidence found is not allowed at trial.

Example: A Victorian case ....
County Court Judge Irene Lawson ruled that police's initial search of Mr Pringle's car was illegal, rendering the later searches illegal. This meant that all the evidence found was unable to be used against Mr Pringle in court.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...ingcharges-being-dropped-20150604-ghgx7i.html

I think they have to advise the property owner/occupant (whoever they are going after) that they are executing a search warrant.

If they don't have a search warrant, it can be deemed an illegal search. Then any evidence found is not allowed at trial.

Example: A Victorian case ....

Unfortunately the crims have more rights than the victims.
It’s sickening IMO what lengths our cops had to do to prove BR’s guilt while he was living a normal life and Karen was dead in the bush.
In the ‘good old days’ the cops would barge in and do their job but now they have to pussyfoot and dance to the the crim’s legal tune.

Gimmi that telephone book Danno!

I need to say how intuitive our cops really are. While we were focused on the river search they were searching around the mountains. They were so close to where Karen was so early on. They’re bloody brilliant IMO.

Can Sarah please change Karen's Facebook image. How insulting to have her killer being hugged by Karen. I'm sure a photo of just Karen, or with other loved ones would be more fitting. The creep doesn't deserve to be there beside her.

Just a thought, was the rental high because it came fully furnished? Could the agent have rented it out as a short term lease hence why it's up for rent again?
Other theory , not sure if it applies to rentals as I know it applies to sales. Could the agent have been given one month exclusivity to rent out property before it had lapsed? Then it's come out of the contract period and they had to wait to have docs resigned again for another period .
Do we know if the neighbours actually saw anyone move in? Or out for that matter?

Just a thought, was the rental high because it came fully furnished? Could the agent have rented it out as a short term lease hence why it's up for rent again?
Other theory , not sure if it applies to rentals as I know it applies to sales. Could the agent have been given one month exclusivity to rent out property before it had lapsed? Then it's come out of the contract period and they had to wait to have docs resigned again for another period .
Do we know if the neighbours actually saw anyone move in? Or out for that matter?

Not seen any mention of anyone moving in.

The million-dollar home was put up for rent in October but neighbours said they had seen Mr Ristevski there several times in recent weeks. He had been arriving and leaving the house in late evenings.

If my memory is correct didn't the rental advert say it was available at the end of November abt the 22nd for 900pw. Then it was said to have been listed for 39 days before being rented for $870 per week.

One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said a white mover’s van was parked outside the house a few days ago and people could be seen “packing the house up”..........

Another resident said she had seen a “rugged-looking” Borce at the house just days ago. “The house was for rent for a while but he’s definitely been living there,” she said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/5e0cb367764d8164dcfe1450ed482e4a
Borce Ristevski charged with wife Karen Ristevski’s murder

Another neighbour who didn't want to be named said he saw a moving van in the driveway of the Ristevski family home several days ago.
"I assumed they were moving house because it was a big truck and they were moving everything into it."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...-of-wife-karen-ristevski-20171212-h03mvw.html
Borce Ristevski will plead not guilty to murder of wife Karen Ristevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members