Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, Karen’s aunt Patricia Gray told police Borce’s accounts seemed “flimsy” and that he didn’t assist the police search as best he could. Karen’s cousin Lisa Gray gave evidence on Tuesday about how she also travelled to Melbourne from NSW to be with Ristevski and his daughter during the search. But eventually Ms Gray felt compelled to leave without saying goodbye. “Towards the end of my stay, I knew how Patsy (Patricia) must have felt and needed to leave,” she said in her police statement.

“I couldn’t bring myself to say goodbye to him.”

Nocookies
Karen Ristevski: Borce Ristevski lawyers may argue for manslaughter trial

Yeliena Baber forensic pathologist performed the autopsy.
* COD unasertained
* Body almost skeletonised
* Unable to rule out death from natural causes
* No injury identified. But signs of assault and soft tissue damage can't be ruled out.
* The mechanism of death raises questions due to Karen being found between two felled trees and covered with branches.

Category: | Herald Sun
Lawyers want Borce Ristevski committed on manslaughter not murder, court hears

Last edited:
Ms Ristevski's cousin Lisa Gray said in a statement she went to the Ristevski house in the days after Karen's disappearance. Mr Ristevski was speaking to police when she got there and the next day, she said, he appeared disengaged, even from his daughter Sarah.

"Sarah would often go to him for a hug. I felt like she was supporting him and he was so self-obsessed with him feeling like a victim, he didn't give much back to Sarah or anyone else that could be suffering," Ms Gray said.

One night, someone at the house held up a note that read: "Do not speak out loud as the house is bugged".

"I remember thinking why do we need to do that if Borce has done nothing wrong?" Ms Gray said.

During cross-examination, Ms Gray agreed Mr Ristevski had been annoyed during a phone conversation towards the end of 2016, because Sarah had been upset by comments from another family member. During questioning, defence lawyer Sam Norton said Sarah Ristevski was at one point intercepted at the airport.

Borce Ristevski's lawyers to ask for murder charge to be downgraded

So it's either voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

Voluntary manslaughter - a defence of provocation or excessive self-defence.
Involuntary manslaughter - a death caused by an unlawful and dangerous act, or by criminal negligence.

Either way, the main storyline from Borce & Co has changed.

The officer called Mr Ristevski about a possible sighting of his wife on the day she was reported missing, but the husband discounted it as credible.

Senior Constable Cagrier said that in hindsight, it was no surprise Mr Ristevski discounted it, as the person seen was drug-affected, asking for cigarettes, had a bicycle and wore different clothes to those Ms Ristevski had been last seen in.

Clothes she was last seen in - what this person wasn't in PJ's ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ms Ristevski's cousin Lisa Gray said in a statement she went to the Ristevski house in the days after Karen's disappearance. Mr Ristevski was speaking to police when she got there and the next day, she said, he appeared disengaged, even from his daughter Sarah.

"Sarah would often go to him for a hug. I felt like she was supporting him and he was so self-obsessed with him feeling like a victim, he didn't give much back to Sarah or anyone else that could be suffering," Ms Gray said.

One night, someone at the house held up a note that read: "Do not speak out loud as the house is bugged".

"I remember thinking why do we need to do that if Borce has done nothing wrong?" Ms Gray said.

During cross-examination, Ms Gray agreed Mr Ristevski had been annoyed during a phone conversation towards the end of 2016, because Sarah had been upset by comments from another family member. During questioning, defence lawyer Sam Norton said Sarah Ristevski was at one point intercepted at the airport.

I wonder who held up the sign?

We've had disagreements but I consider us to be close': Karen Ristevski's only brother reveals he has had 'catch-ups' with her husband every week since she disappeared
Wonder if Stephen will be called in next. What questions did he have for Borce and Sarah and how did they answer. Were they consistent? Did they answer any question he had in regards to their exact whereabouts for the whole day?

We've had disagreements but I consider us to be close': Karen Ristevski's only brother reveals he has had 'catch-ups' with her husband every week since she disappeared
Wonder if Stephen will be called in next. What questions did he have for Borce and Sarah and how did they answer. Were they consistent? Did they answer any question he had in regards to their exact whereabouts for the whole day?

Stephen has already taken the stand. We didn't hear a whole lot about that really.

Brother 'blamed Borce' for falling out
The court has also released evidence that Karen Ristevski's brother, Steven Williams, had not been in touch with his sister for months at the time of her disappearance.

Mr Williams attended the Moonee Valley police station a few days after Ms Ristevski disappeared, and was crying continuously, according to the statement of Detective Senior Constable Adrian Care.

Detective Senior Constable Care said Mr Williams told him he blamed Borce Ristevski for the falling out he had had with his sister.

He also told Detective Senior Constable Care that the Ristevski home had a CCTV system that should be checked.

Borce Ristevski's alibi for day wife disappeared 'flimsy', aunt says

Stephen has already taken the stand. We didn't hear a whole lot about that really.

The court has also released evidence that Karen Ristevski's brother, Steven Williams, had not been in touch with his sister for months at the time of her disappearance.

Mr Williams attended the Moonee Valley police station a few days after Ms Ristevski disappeared, and was crying continuously, according to the statement of Detective Senior Constable Adrian Care.

Detective Senior Constable Care said Mr Williams told him he blamed Borce Ristevski for the falling out he had had with his sister.

He also told Detective Senior Constable Care that the Ristevski home had a CCTV system that should be checked.

Oh. Bahaha I forgot about that. But, then, we didn’t really hear much about any confrontations he had at the Ristevskis house. Maybe theyre keeping all the good stuff for the trial?

I don't think he's taken the stand - the court released evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1