Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't hold your breath!

I wonder if, as part of the investigation, whether the Police did a forensic examination of their finances? It was supposed to have been Karen's business(es) that were failing, but I wonder if it was something else........

Or found out where the money was going!
Yes the police did do a forensic investigation. Borce had set up another company diverting Karen's business' revenue and assets to it and only him and SR were listed as shareholders...
Borce Ristevski had 'no financial incentive' to kill wife, court told, as his lawyer pushes for charge downgrade - ABC News
Very likely Karen found out about this and confronted him.

IMO

Yes the police did do a forensic investigation. Borce had set up another company diverting Karen's business' revenue and assets to it and only him and SR were listed as shareholders...
Borce Ristevski had 'no financial incentive' to kill wife, court told, as his lawyer pushes for charge downgrade - ABC News
Very likely Karen found out about this and confronted him.

IMO
"The court also heard that revenue from Karen and Mr Ristevski's clothing business was moved to another company solely in Mr Ristevski's name the year his wife went missing." (snip)
"Gerard Curtin, a forensic accountant with Victoria Police, told the court that between May 2015 and June 2016 when Ms Ristevski went missing, Warrant Brands was having serious cash flow issues."

I guess if the revenue (income) from the business was being "moved" ie stolen by Borce, then there would have been serious cash flow issues in the business.

I suspect she found out what he was up to. There's probably more to it if they had probed deeper (can't believe I said probed!).

That was back in 2018 :rolleyes:
Forensic accountant reveals Ristevski family’s ‘constant struggle’

"A FORENSIC accountant says he "has no idea" why Borce Ristevski set up a second company to receive funds from his struggling clothing boutique in the months before his wife went missing.

Gerard Curtin from Victoria Police was tasked with investigating the financial situation of Mr Ristevski, his wife Karen and the couple's store, Bella Bleu, after Ms Ristevski's disappeared in June, 2016.

Mr Ristevski, 54, is accused of the murder of his wife. Police allege the pair argued at their home on June 29, 2016, before Mr Ristevski killed her and drove her body to Mount Macedon, north of Melbourne, where it was found between two logs eight months later, in February 2017.
At a committal hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court today, Mr Curtin said Bella Bleu "had serious cash flow issues" and could not cover "rent, wages and stock".

"You'll see there was a constant struggle," he told the court.

Bella Bleu was owned by Warrant Brands, which originally paid the expenses, including staff wages, rent and stock purchases.
But in December 2015, Mr Ristevski started Envirovision and named himself the director. His daughter, Sarah Ristevski, was a stakeholder. There was no mention in court of Karen's involvement, if any."

Yes, I linked it as it was relevant to the discussion we were having and to show forensic analysis had been done.
I know we spoke about it at the time.
Was there discussion about where the money that was going into Envirovision was?

"This property is not currently for sale or rent on realestate.com.au"

Must have been sold then??

Property Report for 23 Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights VIC 3034

No details of sale; looks like it was rented out instead.

Is it possible it 'sold' at auction, but the buyers have not yet 'closed', so no sale would be officially showing yet? I'm not sure how house auctions work, but I found this:

At the "fall of the hammer" the deposit is required which is usually 10% of the sale price. The contract is usually the standard Real Estate Institute issue and the settlement time four to six weeks hence. All your finances need to be in order.
Buying at Auction

Also some info on here:
Buying property at auction

The article posted earlier noting the property was for sale was dated in March 2020, noting an auction to take place on April 4, 2020. Just wondering if it did in fact sell at auction, but the 'settlement' hasn't gone through yet (article I posted above notes it can take 6 weeks?)?:

Karen Ristevski killing: Avondale Heights house on the market
Samantha Landy
11 Mar 2020

The Avondale Heights house where Karen Ristevski was killed hit the market in the same week laws were changed to ensure Victorian buyers aren’t left in the dark about homes’ grisly pasts.
Mr Karp said their daughter, Sarah, would be the beneficiary of the sale of the five-bedroom house, which has a $1.2-$1.3 million price guide for its scheduled April 4 auction.

Karen Ristevski killing: Avondale Heights house on the market - realestate.com.au

The article posted earlier noting the property was for sale was dated in March 2020, noting an auction to take place on April 4, 2020. Just wondering if it did in fact sell at auction, but the 'settlement' hasn't gone through yet (article I posted above notes it can take 6 weeks?)?:

Karen Ristevski killing: Avondale Heights house on the market
Samantha Landy
11 Mar 2020

The Avondale Heights house where Karen Ristevski was killed hit the market in the same week laws were changed to ensure Victorian buyers aren’t left in the dark about homes’ grisly pasts.
Mr Karp said their daughter, Sarah, would be the beneficiary of the sale of the five-bedroom house, which has a $1.2-$1.3 million price guide for its scheduled April 4 auction.

Karen Ristevski killing: Avondale Heights house on the market - realestate.com.au
It's a very low rental for something worth $1.2-1.3M.

I wonder what the situation is regarding the estate of a murder victim where (presumably) the victim and her convicted killer were the joint owners?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back