Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much planning that an argument that morning or even the night before would be largely irrelevant.

If you were going 'off grid' completely that would require good planning. IMO the argument was the tipping point.

That thought also crossed my mind as well, tiddles24, and I wondered if the "shop figures" argument was when BR realised the figures didn't add up. But gee it would have taken some good thorough planning.

Thnking about this and the money she was said to have had with her, is the shop the kind that people would pay by cash? I know it's been suggested that the money might have been for a float but would that much be needed. My though from what I'ev read is that it's a relatively high end shop so sales would be by card maybe, I don't think there would be much scope for making a running away fund from cash sales.

This is JMO as things may be different in England but I wouldn't expect much actual cash in a shop of this sort

Thnking about this and the money she was said to have had with her, is the shop the kind that people would pay by cash? I know it's been suggested that the money might have been for a float but would that much be needed. My though from what I'ev read is that it's a relatively high end shop so sales would be by card maybe, I don't think there would be much scope for making a running away fund from cash sales.

This is JMO as things may be different in England but I wouldn't expect much actual cash in a shop of this sort

That's a good point, suzyjackson, I suppose most people now pay by card, me,I'm old school still pay by cash.

That thought also crossed my mind as well, tiddles24, and I wondered if the "shop figures" argument was when BR realised the figures didn't add up. But gee it would have taken some good thorough planning.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that Armchair Snoop. I know there is evidence of financial trouble going back a long way but what if part of the reason things weren't adding up was because she was putting away "rainy day money"? We shouldn't rule it out I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This the australian article is behind a paywall.

Ristevski disappearance: Suspicious minds that can’t be shaken

There is no body, Ms Ristevski has not surfaced interstate, and the best anyone can hope for is that she materialises tired and embarrassed, a victim of her own poor decision-making, having never touched her mobile phone or bank accounts or contacted her much loved 21-year-old daughter, Sarah.

Mr Ristevski faces unimagined pressure after a television reporter asked with brutal bluntness whether he had killed his wife. The suspicions stem from him telling detectives that the pair had an argument on the morning of June 29.

So, getting to the heart of the matter: Is Mr Ristevski a suspect?

“He’s just another person we’ve spoken to ... keep in mind, he says to us he’s the last person to see her leave the house,’’ Inspector Dennis replies.

When The Australian visited Mr Ristevski on Thursday, he was a man deeply unhappy with his plight, switching rapidly from the curious to confrontational, an understandable reaction under the circumstances.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/d544bf9c557888cb3d895dccb95f5c7a

I spent last night going over old GBC videos and I am really struck by the similarities. The way BR is avoiding the media rather than appealing - the fact that he has said the police have told him not to comment, yet LE say they don't ever ask people not to speak to the media, the umming and ahhhhing when he did speak to the media the one time - the way the family is speaking for him. So similar. I hope it's not the case but it's hard to not draw comparisons.

This the australian article is behind a paywall.

Ristevski disappearance: Suspicious minds that can’t be shaken

There is no body, Ms Ristevski has not surfaced interstate, and the best anyone can hope for is that she materialises tired and embarrassed, a victim of her own poor decision-making, having never touched her mobile phone or bank accounts or contacted her much loved 21-year-old daughter, Sarah.

Mr Ristevski faces unimagined pressure after a television reporter asked with brutal bluntness whether he had killed his wife. The suspicions stem from him telling detectives that the pair had an argument on the morning of June 29.

So, getting to the heart of the matter: Is Mr Ristevski a suspect?

“He’s just another person we’ve spoken to ... keep in mind, he says to us he’s the last person to see her leave the house,’’ Inspector Dennis replies.

When The Australian visited Mr Ristevski on Thursday, he was a man deeply unhappy with his plight, switching rapidly from the curious to confrontational, an understandable reaction under the circumstances.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/d544bf9c557888cb3d895dccb95f5c7a

I suppose in the early stages of an investigation such as this the Police would have to look at the spouse and family members as their primary suspects. Whether or not they are still suspects is unknown. There is now a lack of new information coming from the Police or family and friends. I suppose we can't expect any new information unless there is some sort of breakthrough.

This article is behind a paywall...

Mr Ristevski said his wife disappeared at 10am carrying an Coach handbag with $850, but because the family’s CCTV cameras weren't working, police can assume only that she walked into parkland at the back of their house.

Avondale Heights roads are monitored by scores of cameras — she seems, according to her husband’s story, to have simply glided into dead men’s country by the Maribyrnong River.

Police have viewed many hours of video, which — by now — would have enabled them to *determine who came and went in the suburb on the day of her disappearance.

They have searched the house and three family cars forensically. Nothing. The river? Nothing.

“The fact is you’ve got a missing person. We will never know because the police won't disclose what they have.

I spent last night going over old GBC videos and I am really struck by the similarities. The way BR is avoiding the media rather than appealing - the fact that he has said the police have told him not to comment, yet LE say they don't ever ask people not to speak to the media, the umming and ahhhhing when he did speak to the media the one time - the way the family is speaking for him. So similar. I hope it's not the case but it's hard to not draw comparisons.

I'm mainly struck by the differences; or perhaps, the boot being on the other foot. Allison had $20 in a bank account; KR (allegedly) went walking with $850 in a handbag. GBC was the conspicuous consumer; his solution to low income from the business was to look flasher than ever; as I recall it took Allison's involvement to make him switch to a cheaper car. When KR's family made conservative suggestions for the business, KR flew into a temper. KR liaised with media personalities; Allison found it difficult to have a private conversation with her own parents.

Could someone who has the information at their fingertips tell me the dates the caveat over the Oakley Drive property came into force and when it was removed, please?

I'm mainly struck by the differences; or perhaps, the boot being on the other foot. Allison had $20 in a bank account; KR (allegedly) went walking with $850 in a handbag. GBC was the conspicuous consumer; his solution to low income from the business was to look flasher than ever; as I recall it took Allison's involvement to make him switch to a cheaper car. When KR's family made conservative suggestions for the business, KR flew into a temper. KR liaised with media personalities; Allison found it difficult to have a private conversation with her own parents.

:goodpost:

If you were going 'off grid' completely that would require good planning. IMO the argument was the tipping point.
I'm not thinking so much 'off-grid' as a new identity to escape debts.

The sticking point for me with Karen's disappearance being voluntary, in any way, is that she would have given up her future. Her future as a mother, and mother-in-law, and grandmother. Divorces can be had, so can bankruptcies, stepsons can be challenged or ignored. But to give up on her offspring is really difficult for me to fathom.

On top of those thoughts, I also question why she would slip away and do whatever voluntary action she may have taken after a heated argument? Why not slip away during lunch break at work, or after work, or when she was going shopping?
Surely an argument does not trigger an immediate response such as going into hiding or ending your life? ... which could lead to you being discovered before you have achieved your aim.

I suppose in the early stages of an investigation such as this the Police would have to look at the spouse and family members as their primary suspects. Whether or not they are still suspects is unknown. There is now a lack of new information coming from the Police or family and friends. I suppose we can't expect any new information unless there is some sort of breakthrough.

This article is dated 6th August 2016 @ 12.00am. It could be a repeat but that's the date.

I've thought possibly she went to a retreat to re-energise, hide away with a close friend but everyone knows she is a missing person & doubt even the closest of friends would want to be involved with harbouring Karen.

We have a wonderful Kiwi sleuther who said Karen's disappearance is not in the news across the ditch, did she go home??

I doubt Karen had a fake passport.

Some may remember this.

Mark Galante stood beside a mannequin that was dressed in the clothes of his missing wife, Jody, in a public appeal to find her.

Galante has repeatedly denied any involvement in his wife's murder. Asked in January if he had anything to do with the murder of his wife, he said: "I loved her with all my heart and soul and I would never do anything to her."

.....sleep was "not the greatest" because he could not stop thinking about his wife. "A couple of nights I've slept alright," he told the Herald "A few nights there I've just slept a couple of hours and then I just lay awake, just thinking for hours and I just can't sleep. I just can't sleep."

Police found her body near Bilpin in the Blue Mountains the same day Galante stood handing out posters with Jody's photograph to the public.

Galante, 27, was charged with the shooting murder of his 26-year-old pregnant wife whom he reported missing from Parklea Markets on the night of January 7.

(He had me convinced.)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/husband-on-murder-charge/2006/03/01/1141191732157.html

The sticking point for me with Karen's disappearance being voluntary, in any way, is that she would have given up her future. Her future as a mother, and mother-in-law, and grandmother. Divorces can be had, so can bankruptcies, stepsons can be challenged or ignored. But to give up on her offspring is really difficult for me to fathom.

On top of those thoughts, I also question why she would slip away and do whatever voluntary action she may have taken after a heated argument? Why not slip away during lunch break at work, or after work, or when she was going shopping?
Surely an argument does not trigger an immediate response such as going into hiding or ending your life? ... which could lead to you being discovered before you have achieved your aim.

I too find it hard to believe that a meticulously planned "new start" would happen just after a heated argument.

It's good to see WBsers looking in different directions as there's no new information to hand.
Looking at the information we have and with more members expressing their views, may bring
something up not previously considered.

This article is dated 6th August 2016 @ 12.00am. It could be a repeat but that's the date.

I've thought possibly she went to a retreat to re-energise, hide away with a close friend but everyone knows she is a missing person & doubt even the closest of friends would want to be involved with harbouring Karen.

We have a wonderful Kiwi sleuther who said Karen's disappearance is not in the news across the ditch, did she go home??

I doubt Karen had a fake passport.

From an airline background if she went across the ditch, we or others would certainly know by now. Fake passports yes, not in this hemisphere likely. My thoughts only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member