Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news? New search for Karen happening right now, channel 9 showing now

Maybe they got some very specific location data from the US? Something related to the car, who knows what gets stored with regards to drive data yeah? Or maybe the GPS.

It is nearly 6 months ... it seems like a long time but I guess in the scheme of these things if they find something major today they've done well. Considering they searched the general area with what info they had earlier, and have had to get refined information.

Thoughts to the family during this time, I imagine the time of year would heighten what is already a very stressful and traumatic wait.

In 2012 the body of murdered Brunswick woman Jill Meagher was found in a shallow grave at Blackhill Rd, after her killer Adrian Bayley led police there.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/95e2ce95575b2357dadcea9cf5bebf91

Is this a hint that someone is leading the police there???

Also is Gisborne near where the family camped?

I don't think it is a hint. AB confessed and led police to that spot, but they also had phone ping information. They've targeted this area for Karen in the past, just seems like they have more specific info now. I am honestly surprised that someone would "reuse" that spot given how well publicised Jill's murder was.

It's not near where they camped - it is only bout a 30 minute drive past suburbia from where they live. Well not even "past" - there are pockets of housing all the way along, and the homes in that area are on actual rural sized properties so it is somewhat isolated without being too far.

Watching the ch7 live stream ... police are draining dams in properties on Blackhill Rd and are expected to give an update in half an hour.

I don't think it is a hint. AB confessed and led police to that spot, but they also had phone ping information. They've targeted this area for Karen in the past, just seems like they have more specific info now. I am honestly surprised that someone would "reuse" that spot given how well publicised Jill's murder was.

It's not near where they camped - it is only bout a 30 minute drive past suburbia from where they live. Well not even "past" - there are pockets of housing all the way along, and the homes in that area are on actual rural sized properties so it is somewhat isolated without being too far.

Gisborne Road to Blackhill Road is the exact location I have emphasized since the beginning. I have emphasized the quarry along Gisborne Road and the Merrimu Reservoir (national park), which both falls into the time frame.

Obviously they have CCTV evidence of a car belonging to someone passing through Toolern Vale (whether it be from the General Store). They will just have to home in on the time frame and distances from that Camera.

Maybe LE got through alibis for all the cars and process of elimination led to their car being spotted in the area/s via various CCTV feeds.

I noticed the Police have deployed a mobile command centre to the area. They intend to stay a while and their information would have to be pretty credible to dispatch such resources.

Let's hope Karen is finally found. So glad she hasn't been forgotten although the circumstances are awful.

tappedin....In The Age Vic link mentioned here in your post....The majority of activity is being conducted on a property on the corner of Blackhill Road and Mount Aitkin Road....The focus remains around Toolern Vale and Gisborne.

Great to see all you Sleuthers back on deck again, after it being so quiet for months on Karen's thread with no news..MOO...:gathering:

Oh my goodness! It would be so good to have some kind of ending here...

I think, like most here, I have given up hope of her being found alive :( but I have been tuning in often...now hopeful for news with these searches...

Please be found Karen! (Also sending up a fervent wish that there are buckets full of evidence also found...)

Still find it hard to believe.... if most peoples POI is responsible alone .....why that area? That area would suggest the possibility of two peoples involvement.... would almost even implicate the second person theory..

Plenty of other secluded places between there and Avondale Heights ......even out the back of the airport where a main POI used to have a warehouse in an industrial estate..

hopefully something will come of this new search...

Oh my, I'd been thinking about Karen and saw this pop up in the active side bar.

Going to read the links now but I truely hope this could be the end to the mystery of what happened to her

On A Current Affair tonight there was a report on this search. It mentioned that there was an abandoned restaurant (?) in the area that a member of the family had been sighted at. I think it was the husbands brother. Sorry to be so vague but there was lots of noise while I was listening to the report.
I'm sure the story will be online somewhere tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo