Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cads you said that you were a regular at the restaurant, was it mainly a pizza based menu only?

I see that in 2011 they had a $60 four course gourmet 'spit roast' dinner as part of a Halloween night function (image on link below).
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=68wsiu&s=9#.WFwyGT-SxkI

Vasko owned Presidential Catering around that time 'Presidential Catering is a Melbourne catering company that provides charcoal spit roast for function catering and more'.

If that restaurant didn't do spit roasts maybe they got a company in to do it.

I remember reading online after about 2 weeks that police asked AR if Boris owned any property around the Diggers Rest area or visited friends there.

I don't think they owned property there but maybe there was a business tie-up with Boris or Vasko with someone who did live there.

Cads you said that you were a regular at the restaurant, was it mainly a pizza based menu only?

I see that in 2011 they had a $60 four course gourmet 'spit roast' dinner as part of a Halloween night function (image on link below).
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=68wsiu&s=9#.WFwyGT-SxkI

Vasko owned Presidential Catering around that time 'Presidential Catering is a Melbourne catering company that provides charcoal spit roast for function catering and more'.

If that restaurant didn't do spit roasts maybe they got a company in to do it.

I remember reading online after about 2 weeks that police asked AR if Boris owned any property around the Diggers Rest area or visited friends there.

I don't think they owned property there but maybe there was a business tie-up with Boris or Vasko with someone who did live there.

Only pizzas on a weekend although they did do functions with catering if required. But I never looked into it as it was never needed. So I couldn't tell you if it was in house catering or contractor catering.
It was a super lovely venue.
I wonder if it was catered for by presidential catering. Interesting if it was.
I wonder if there is a link.
Maybe the non insurance payout as a result of the fire is all part of the financial troubles they were in.
I was heartbroken when it burnt.

Hi.....
Also a long time reader - but new poster...
Have been following this case with interest as it is not far from where I reside.
The burning down of the restaurant apparently was under suspicious circumstances and rumour has it - that it was torched for insurance purposes. The restaurant was lovely - fantastic weekend pizzas and a wonderful country atmosphere. We were regulars there. The owner supposedly purchased another property but ran out of money hence why the restaurant was torched. Heartbreaking it was - I still miss that place.
Apparently the adjoining farm that has recently been searched was or is occupied by someone related to Karen.

Just out of interest - Adrian Bailey used to work as a farm hand on Blackhills Rd. And approx 12 months prior to his actions - a colleagues - friend found him looking at her through her bedroom window as she got changed. Called police but he disappeared before they got there.

I just hope Karen is found soon so she can be laid to rest and believe the Police have the answers but are just filling in some gaps

A very warm welcome to you, Cads! It's wonderful a local has joined the crew.

Could you please tell me what is/was grown on the property next to the burnt out restaurant?

A very warm welcome to you, Cads! It's wonderful a local has joined the crew.

Could you please tell me what is/was grown on the property next to the burnt out restaurant?

I have no idea what was / is grown there sorry.
Not around to do a drive by either unfortunately.

We just need to be more patient, as justice takes its course, even though it can be very frustrating at times...:newyear:

Interesting info about links to the Ristevski's on Blackhill Rd ... I also had no idea about Adrian Bailey having worked there. Shame land titles cost to search, be good to confirm.

3 days until it has been 6 months.

I hope the aggressive early media attention hasn't caused a delay in this case ... the intensity and negativity of it causing Borce to get a criminal lawyer. I think he would have broken down with it. He looked like a tormented man in those early days, if he has done something I don't think it sits well with him.

Hi guys I've been reading for a while but just decided to join in. The shop is apart of my local shopping centre I went in to browse the clothing, they have some lovely things. SR was working in there I don't know how she can do it. I feel for her she looks terrified that someone will ask her about her mother. Being in the shop made me feel ill so I didn't stay there long. SR just seems too ok or very very strong.

Hi Barbie05...Welcome & thankyou for joining us...Your input as a local will be greatly appreciated...:welcome4:

Thank you! Yes I only live 5-10 minutes from their home and their shop. I also know Gisborne, diggers rest and toolernvale quite well.

Thank you! Yes I only live 5-10 minutes from their home and their shop. I also know Gisborne, diggers rest and toolernvale quite well.

I am interested in your thoughts re Karen's disappearance...If you don't feel comfortable about sharing this with us, I will understand...TIA

I 100% believe BR did this to her. What triggered it I have no idea, we haven't heard too much about either of them when it comes to their personality or character or what their relationship was like. I wouldn't be surprised if SR knows more than what she has let on either. You can only imagine the spiel she would be receiving from her father. What is interesting is nobody from her family have continued to advocate for her, they haven't been talking on social media they've shut up shop completely. Which makes me think they're protecting someone or have been told by police to not discuss it as they don't need any further media attention/help. I think VR helped and disposed of her belongings but I'm not sure she is buried in the area that they found the items of interest. Considering the police and search crews were only in that area for two days when they said they would stay for as long as it took makes me believe they definitely found what they intended to search for. I think they are probably trying to allow SR and the family to get through Christmas and in the new year things will develop quickly.

I'm happy to go for a drive around and see what that area is like.

Been up that way very recently. Not as far south as Diggers Rest/Toolern Vale or Gisborne/Mt Aitken/Blackhill Roads though. More Bacchus Marsh/Gisborne/Hanging Rock areas. The properties around there looked like a mixture of wheat/barley and sheep growers with a few horse and a lot of Angus cattle studs. If you take a drive around the immediate search area, I suspect it may be more of the same Barbie. But then again, it could be an interesting excursion, if only to get the lay of the land. I've only travelled there via Google Maps.

It's definitely a very horsey area. I'll go on an excursion this week and have a look. Be interesting to know what the items of interest are that were found. Her handbag? Phone? The police are so close to solving this.

It's definitely a very horsey area. I'll go on an excursion this week and have a look. Be interesting to know what the items of interest are that were found. Her handbag? Phone? The police are so close to solving this.

Thanks. I don't think I'll get the chance to take a look around that way. Looks like lots of 'golden' paddocks with a few Angus beef studs dotted around the area (hence the dams).

I wonder what investigators found too and I agree it won't be long now before Karen's loved ones have answers and justice is served for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum