Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very thought provoking post, Puggle. As you said, nothing in MSM to add any weight, but it's an interesting train of thought.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that asthma was necessarily Karen's medical problem, but it was your initial mention of asthma that reminded me that there was a mention of her having a health problem in the media.

A combination of some health problems with a 'badly decomposed' body could definitely complicate the determination of whether Karen died due to outright murder (most likely in my opinion), or as a result of a preexisting health condition, combined with other 'aggravating factors', which could make the difference between a murder conviction, a finding of manslaughter, or just possibly even far lesser charges relating to illegally disposing of her remains & preventing proper burial.

Just out of curiosity, is Watergardens store still open or they closed it after kr disappearance.?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

All is quiet. I hope this does not end up like the Carly McBride case. I was full sure an arrest was imminent and huge background work done and then it came to a halt and there has been nothing for months.

Heartbreaking.

They have to be sure the evidence is strong enough to convince jury.
Jury system favors crims, think how many guilty people got away due to lack of hardvevidence, on the other hand it is unlikely for innocent to end up guilty.

Maybe they are waiting for a funeral to be over but doesn't smell good so far

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Sarah said her mum went ballistic which I am guessing no family or friends have seen her like that as not her manner.

Worst word I ever heard Karen'smum use was bugger & guessing Karen the same.
Sarah said Karen went ballistic in an argument the night before when the family were discussing how
to improve store figures. Sarah & BR wanted the store to have a sale which Karen didn't want to do,

so even though Sarah and Karen were close she sided with BR over the store figures

So there's an argument, difference of opinion, conflict, shouting match, or which ever term fits best.
2 parties with an opposing opinion to the third.

which was obviously enough as Sarah describes to make Karen go ballistic.
Ballistic is defined as someone 'to become enraged or frenziedly violent', not exactly as how many or any would have seen Karen behave in the past.

So an argument is a difference on opinion, with contradictions;
"No I Didn't".
"Yes you did"!

etc, see http://www.montypython.net/scripts/argument.php or this [video=youtube;kQFKtI6gn9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]

(Couldn't resist, Sorry).

So how heated the argument was is not mentioned, only the point of 2 Vs 1.

When One person goes "Ballistic", how did the other parties respond?

Did they calmly put forward their next points, or did one of the two respond differently, in some other manner similar to "Ballistic".

I'm sure this argument will be close to the key in this case & investigators will have asked many questions about it and be judging as to whether or not they have been given a true account of the incident.

The ultimate outcome of the argument is unknown.

Sarah said she first heard about Karen missing when she got home at about 7pm that day yet supposeably they spoke many times per day.

That could be True or False, dependent on the outcome of the argument.

The BBM above twigged a vague memory of reading that Karen did have health problems, and upon searching it turns out that she did. The article linked below states that "Senior Constable Ante Sandric said Ms Risteveski has health problems but her family is worried because her disappearance is out of character."

At least up until trial, we are very unlikely to find out the nature of Karen's health problem(s), but the fact that it was significant enough for the police to mention it is interesting.

I am not for a moment suggesting that Karen died solely as a result of a health emergency - that doesn't gel with her body being disposed of as it was - but her health problem could have significance.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...lbourne-woman-highly-irregular-police/7563218

The article also states that her phone was switched off, which is interesting in relation to pings detected some time during the day that Karen went missing.

The article also states that her phone was switched off, which is interesting in relation to pings detected some time during the day that Karen went missing.

Data usage will reveal a lot.
Most people will have a pattern in checking emails & messages, checking in on the occasional game.

Investigators will notice any changes in that usage, which will reflect on the time frame.

Worth a view.
[video=youtube;x5OfxDYGlvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5OfxDYGlvw[/video]

Re: the mental image conjured up and assumptions made related to use of the concept 'ballistic'.
I'm sure police will be aware to dig deeper into what was meant by "she went ballistic".

Was the user coached to describe Karen's behavior as 'ballistic' to create certain imagery in the mind of others?
What specific behavior was the user of the word 'ballistic' referring to?

Was this word usually used in the vocabulary of the user? as in young adult language i.e. 'ballistic' can refer to many different descriptions including the user's own emotional/mental reaction.

Use of the word 'ballistic' means different things to different people in varying age and culture groups.

We should not assume what the user meant when she described behaviour as 'ballistic' because it may conjure up our own mental imagery as an overlay of meaning IMO. This is a police investigation and it is their job to dig deeper into the user's meaning.
My opinion only.

BR and Karen had a heated discussion about finances and when a sale at the shop was suggested, Karen went "ballistic"....it's possible that Sarah while talking about her mother going "ballistic" at BR, was simply stating what she had been told by her father, as Sarah wasn't actually there.

The shop advertised a sale on June 14....a clearance sale with 50% off selected items....I would have thought that on June 29, the day Karen was reported missing, the sale would have still been on or had just finished....either way it's strange that a sale would have been suggested at that time.

It may have simply been a case of "further discounting" the items in store that caused the argument....it was the end of the financial year and surplus stock would have to be moved....Karen would have likely bought her Spring stock and wanted to get that in store to recoup her outlay.

With Karen's shop still trading and Sarah working in the shop on her own as stated by our local posters, I am thinking that the shop may remain trading until all existing stock is sold and then closed...MOO

Correct me if I'm wrong.
One thing that's always stood out was that Anthony Rickard only came out as being part of this investigation , when he "claimed" to be the stepson and also when the public found out this link to the family thru his FB comments a few days later or so.
Did Borce not disclose to the police/missing persons unit, that he had a son straight away when they initially reported Karen missing?
Police would have asked if there was anyone that would want to hurt Karen or if she had any enemies etc. Seems like there was no need to involve AR as a suspect from Borces point of view b/c Borce already knew more about Karens disappearance.

Mr Rickard, himself a father of two, came to the attention of missing persons detectives after being interviewed at Sunshine police station last week over an unrelated matter.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

From the CD, AR was interviewed on 15.07 over an unrelated matter.

I don't think BR did tell detectives about AR and I thought it was very pointed when Sarah was pleading for her mother to come home on her radio interview and said - I know you wouldn't do this to me because I am an only child.

The phone pings ......

If someone has the conscious awareness to be smart enough to turns ones phone off ..... last detectable ping being Diggers Rest.....would some think this is where the story begins? ..... I do.

Karens phone is not switched off ....and pings at some stage in Gisbourne. Then is switched off.

See this is a contridiction of behaviour ...... thought and action in the one instance and then not in the other.

Motivators to help someone cover up a crime .... love....fear ....they have something on you (blackmail) ???

I really think one of the players should do a squeal deal at this point ..... because the police are mounting up the evidence .... ... just crossing the Ts and dotting the Is .... they maybe more lenient if someone helps speed up this process.

Re: the mental image conjured up and assumptions made related to use of the concept 'ballistic'.
I'm sure police will be aware to dig deeper into what was meant by "she went ballistic".

Was the user coached to describe Karen's behavior as 'ballistic' to create certain imagery in the mind of others?
What specific behavior was the user of the word 'ballistic' referring to?

Was this word usually used in the vocabulary of the user? as in young adult language i.e. 'ballistic' can refer to many different descriptions including the user's own emotional/mental reaction.

Use of the word 'ballistic' means different things to different people in varying age and culture groups.

We should not assume what the user meant when she described behaviour as 'ballistic' because it may conjure up our own mental imagery as an overlay of meaning IMO. This is a police investigation and it is their job to dig deeper into the user's meaning.
My opinion only.

Excellent observations, Fuskier. My 20-something daughter may say someone went "ballistic" if they just disagree with her. My 30-something son would only ever use the word "ballistic" if there was an all-out brawl. Different personalities. Different stages in life. Different interpretations.

Times mobile phone pings have helped police crack murder case

But late last year, it was revealed pings from phones belonging to both her and her husband Borce placed them both on the Calder Freeway, near Gisborne, the day she went missing.
A search area was centred near where her mobile was last located.

Unbeknown to many, however, is that even if a phone is turned off, it runs a hidden operating system that is always turned on.

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/times-mobile-phone-pings-have-helped-police-crack-murder-case/news-story/6191c8f68f4440c2be1886ac71222705

Will mobile phone ‘pings’ lead police to the body of Karen Ristevski?

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...i/news-story/260b168c1f12bfa5569a2db5ded7b713

Mr Rickard, himself a father of two, came to the attention of missing persons detectives after being interviewed at Sunshine police station last week over an unrelated matter.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

From the CD, AR was interviewed on 15.07 over an unrelated matter.

I don't think BR did tell detectives about AR and I thought it was very pointed when Sarah was pleading for her mother to come home on her radio interview and said - I know you wouldn't do this to me because I am an only child.

Thanks for that .
I found my original post on 17 July which is when I first found the AR Facebook posts.
And first article out was 22 July .
I suppose we aren't aware if police did know of ARs existence immediately, based on phone records obtained through BR and KR data. And it was just 'another thing he forgot to mention to police'.
So, it has me thinking that if BR didn't disclose this to police originally, just maybe that IS the reason why the fight/her demise arose and he was too embarrassed to mention it.

Did the 'going ballistic' quote come from a radio interview SR did? From memory I thought that she had said or implied that is what BR had told her....

Did the 'going ballistic' quote come from a radio interview SR did? From memory I thought that she had said or implied that is what BR had told her....

I thought the same thing and that is why we are in doubt about the last time SR saw her mum. It would be great if someone could track down the original link or transcript of that radio interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to media reports of Br/Sr stopped cooperating with LE... That is perfectly within their legal rights?

Do you think move is justified as i could imagine being suspect and being interviewed by detectives on regular is not fun, whether you are innocent or guilty its stressful

Tbh, I would probably do the same in Rs position

Opinions?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads