Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can get a grant of legal assistance
Our funds are limited and demand for legal services is high, so we have very clear rules about who can get a grant of legal assistance. This means that our money goes to help people who need us the most.

When considering if you are eligible for a grant, we look at:

what your case is about
the likely benefit to you
if helping you can benefit the public
your financial situation using a means test.
Means test
The means test applies to most adults and takes into account:

money you get from work, welfare benefits or other sources
if you own anything of value, like a house or car
your weekly living expenses.

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/get-legal-services-and-advice/get-lawyer-to-run-your-case

Yes, they refused Adrian Bayley's request for Legal Aid assistance for his appeal in 2 rape convictions.
Then Bayley appealed Legal Aid's decision, with no success.

The Court of Appeal also made observations about Legal Aid's refusal to fund Bayley's appeal .....
Bayley appealed the initial refusal and the Supreme Court ordered Legal Aid Victoria to reconsider the matter. Legal Aid announced in March this year that two independent reviews backed its decision not to fund Bayley's appeal.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/legal...ts-a-dangerous-precedent-20160714-gq5f4q.html

Is anyone from here going to the funeral?

I would have gone however I don't sign off until 1315. I'm going to lurk a few locals bars Brydie Oreillys is within a few minutes of walking distance.

'Monday 6th March 2017
10.30am
St Johns Uniting Church
Essendon'

Where they gonna bury her, this is just church, not cemetery?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

There may be a private cremation, or, a private family committal service at the Crem or Graveside.
Not uncommon to have a public memorial service for everyone to pay their respects, then a private committal. Allows the family to grieve and pay respects without prying eyes.

Ok, so everyone is invited, It would be good to have Websluth agent on the ground to observe and report back to hq

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
Karen's cousin Steve who posts on this thread may let us know.

I don't understand why you would engage a high profile high priced QC for a missing persons case. If you were concerned about protecting you 'rights' under questioning etc that could be done by any suburban solicitor.

I wonder if a suburban solicitor would have advised how a (potential) murderer could avoid police scrutiny?

Guilty minds may think like that ... when your wife goes missing from your home, with no witnesses or CCTV to show she went for a walk.

I wonder who will be doing Karen's eulogy at her funeral service tomorrow?

I think the best would be Patricia Gray or her brother as both are articulate.

On the subject of Patricia on the banks of the river, she appeared protective of Borce and Sarah and credit to her.

I wonder what she knows now and she will be as protective of Borce at the funeral.

To be a fly on the wall at the wake IF both families attend that together.

I wonder if a suburban solicitor would have advised how a (potential) murderer could avoid police scrutiny?

Guilty minds may think like that ... when your wife goes missing from your home, with no witnesses or CCTV to show she went for a walk.

I think the problem I have with that is that it really does show, to me anyway, that he really has got something to hide. He just seems to continually damage his persona in the eyes of the public, the ones, who if it goes to trial, may hold his fate in their hands. IMO

I wonder who will be doing Karen's eulogy at her funeral service tomorrow?

Could be written by husband &/or daughter and read out by Minister or other person..or may be done by Minister via what family has told them.
I imagine it would be very difficult for daughter to read it, but writing what you want said is a different story.
What a sad day it will be for her. Awful situation.
Glad it's not me or my family dilemma.

“We’ve been advising him since day one really,” Mr Stary said.

Do you think that may have been when BR was asked by a reporter if he killed his wife?

I spent much of the past week in hospital needing surgeryafter falling badly last Sarurday, dislocated elbow, fractured radial head and two torn ligaments. It's been disheartening to see no movement in sweet Karen's case. That day must be getting closer. Been thinking of her loved ones a lot with her funeral tomorrow. Please let me know if I've missed any important news, too hard to catch up.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why you would engage a high profile high priced QC for a missing persons case. If you were concerned about protecting you 'rights' under questioning etc that could be done by any suburban solicitor.
I don't believe any QC has been mentioned in relation to this case. Though I suppose Stary would be obliged to you for the rumour.

Buggar the phone pings.
But, but I had my phone turned off.

Missing Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski: Crucial new clues emerge in police probe
ANDREW JEFFERSON and DAVID HURLEY, EXCLUSIVE, Herald Sun
August 27, 2016 12:00am
The Herald Sun can reveal crucial new clues as police continue to probe her June 29 disappearance.

It is understood mobile phone data shows that Mrs Ristevski’s phone “pinged” — was detected by transmitter towers — on the *Calder Highway near *Gisborne that day.
On the same day, the phone of her husband, Borce, was pinged on the Calder near Diggers Rest, about 20km northwest of their home in Avondale Heights.
Data also reveals that his phone was switched off for about two hours on June 29.

The Australian12:00AM August 27, 2016
Uber to check on Borce Ristevski car trips
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/56ff650cb9bfd355be5592a6ac7e4825

The Weekend Australian can reveal that Mr Ristevski — the last person to see her alive — has hired law firm Stary Norton *Halphen, headed by one of Melbourne’s top criminal defence lawyers, Rob Stary, to represent him.......
“He’s not been asked to make another statement and he’s fully co-operated with police,” Ms Ljubicic said.
She declined to comment on Mr Ristevski’s work driving for Uber or the content of his statements.

A day in the life of Borce Ristevski
ANDREW JEFFERSON, Herald Sun
February 24, 2017

BORCE Ristevski was tinkering in his garage one quiet Sunday afternoon last August when I first met him.
His wife Karen had been missing for nearly two months by that stage after he claimed she fled the family home after a row over money.

Expecting his focus to be on the search for his missing wife, Mr Ristevski was more interested in righting the wrongs of previous media articles.

Later that night I was surprised to receive a phone call from Mr Ristevski on the same theme.
He was especially perturbed by any suggestion that the couples Bella Bleu retail business had money troubles.
Mr Ristevski strongly denied that the couple were dogged by debt, telling me that “Karen hadn’t done a runner on the basis on our finances”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/a-...i/news-story/114d6958f6ca1b4f6079839367de184a

Thinking that quiet Sunday afternoon was 27 August 2016.

AR speaking to the media really does seem to have stirred the pot...imo

I don't believe any QC has been mentioned in relation to this case. Though I suppose Stary would be obliged to you for the rumour.

I thought Rob Stary was a QC. if not then I've promoted him :facepalm:. According to Wikipedia he is an Adjunct Professor in the College of Law at Victoria University.

Could be written by husband &/or daughter and read out by Minister or other person..or may be done by Minister via what family has told them.
I imagine it would be very difficult for daughter to read it, but writing what you want said is a different story.
What a sad day it will be for her. Awful situation.
Glad it's not me or my family dilemma.

I've noticed a celebrant is used when it's not particularly religious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper