Australia Australia - Kathleen Riethmuller, 28, backpack found with personal items, Sydney, 28 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
A 28-year-old woman has been reported missing from Sydney’s north.

Police are appealing for assistance after Kathleen Riethmuller was reported missing and has not been seen or heard from since Thursday.

On Thursday afternoon, Kathleen Riethmuller’s backpack was found along Centennial Avenue in Lane Cove.

The backpack contained various personal items including Kathleen’s ID, bank cards and money.

Kathleen’s family, along with police, hold serious concerns for her welfare as they have not been able to contact her, and she has not been seen since Thursday.

03b13a0c09f440cfe77ec5e9df50a1234d50f2e0.png

Anyone who may have information about her whereabouts or has seen Kathleen are urged to contact Chatswood Police Station or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

NSW Police issue alert for woman last spotted at Sydney store before mysteriously vanishing

Police are appealing for public assistance to locate a woman missing from Sydney’s north.

On Thursday afternoon (28 October 2021), the belongings of Kathleen Riethmuller, aged 28, were located inside a backpack by a member of the public on Centennial Avenue, Lane Cove.

The backpack contained various items including Kathleen’s identification documents, bank cards, money and other personal effects.

Officers from North Shore Police Area Command were notified and commenced an investigation into her whereabouts.

Police and family hold serious concerns for her welfare as she is not able to be contacted and has not been seen since.

Kathleen is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 165cm – 175cm tall, of thin build, with long dark hair.

Inquiries have revealed Kathleen attended a retail store on Reserve Road, Artarmon, about 11.40am on Thursday 28 October 2021.

In a CCTV image taken from the store, she is seen wearing a long sleeve denim dress and black flat shoes.

Kathleen is known to have frequented a unit on King Street in Sydney and backpacker’s accommodation on Sir John Young Crescent, Woolloomooloo.

Anyone who may have information about her whereabouts or has seen Kathleen are urged to contact Chatswood Police Station or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.

Latest News - NSW Police Public Site

Some relevant information on the NSW Police force Facebook oage: Log into Facebook (a few posts down, can't seem to link directly. Some interesting comments in that thread)

Search of her name on Google suggests she may have recently been selling second hand items on Gumtree and also involved in a NCAT disagreement (kind of like a local claims court) last year.

Some relevant information on the NSW Police force Facebook oage: Log into Facebook (a few posts down, can't seem to link directly. Some interesting comments in that thread)

Search of her name on Google suggests she may have recently been selling second hand items on Gumtree and also involved in a NCAT disagreement (kind of like a local claims court) last year.

The link is here

Is she an Australian citizen? Because due to Covid-19 rules, Australia hasn't let any foreign (or even Australian citizens abroad) in since March 2020.
So, she's been over there 'backpacking' a long time. I wonder if she's overstayed her tourist visa?
Also, the areas she's frequenting are a little bit outside of the normal 'backpacker circuit'......

MOO.

Kathleen Riethmuller was captured on CCTV leaving a store on Reserve Rd, Artarmon, just before noon on Thursday.

“Police and family hold serious concerns for her welfare as she is not able to be contacted and has not been seen since,” NSW Police said.

Kathleen is described as caucasian, between 165cm and 175cm tall, with a thin build and long dark hair.

She often visits backpacker accommodation on Sir John Young Cres, Woolloomooloo and a unit on King St in the CBD, police said.

Kathleen Riethmuller visited a store in Artarmon before she vanished.

A backpack with all her belongings was found by a member of the public.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Chatswood Police Station or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
NoCookies | The Australian

Sir John — The Scout Group

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or Crime Stoppers NSW – Report Criminal Information.
NSW police issue alarm to Kathleen Riethmuller after Lane Cove woman mysteriously disappears – j99news

Officers from North Shore Police Area Command were notified and commenced an investigation into her whereabouts.

Police and family hold serious concerns for her welfare as she is not able to be contacted and has not been seen since.

Kathleen is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 165cm – 175cm tall, of thin build, with long dark hair.

Inquiries have revealed Kathleen attended a retail store on Reserve Road, Artarmon, about 11.40am on Thursday 28 October 2021.

In a CCTV image taken from the store, she is seen wearing a long sleeve denim dress and black flat shoes.
https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.

Sir John:
Google Maps
Real estate listing Oct 27, 2021
*Is it possible she was interested?

Centennial Ave
Lane Cove NSW 2066, Australia
Google Maps

Reserve Rd
Artarmon NSW 2064, Australia
Google Maps

Last edited:
It appears she or someone else does have her phone.

I was able to call it and have it dial + send a text (I know her).
I was then blocked and cannot reach out to her phone anymore.
Quite concerning, I've reached out on her personal accounts facebook/instagram/email to much the same.

I don't believe the king street address is current - but might be.

Reported as much to crime-stoppers.

Quite concerning, I've reached out on her personal accounts facebook/instagram/email to much the same.

Thanks for the input.

Do you know her well, as a friend? You could become a Verified Insider here.

When the phone rang, did it ring out and then cut off, went straight to voicemail or nothing? And now it has been turned off?

Could she be going through some mental health episode and has taken herself off somewhere?

Do you know her well, as a friend? You could become a Verified Insider here.
I haven't been in recent contact.

When the phone rang, did it ring out and then cut off, went straight to voicemail or nothing? And now it has been turned off?

On my iphone the message said 'Sent as Text Message' first time and after my call the second has nothing under it.
Yesterdays call rang out, then after noticing the text not going through called again and it just had nothing.
Calling now has a pause and then to voicemail.

Thank you for reporting! Her phone was phone close to the Bunnings but it was disabled. I've started a page for her on facebook. I'm hoping to generate some chatter amongst the community. I'll post it here, it would be great if you could share it too!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Just a word that if you know the victim here or family, you can apply as a Verified Insider and then post information not given by police or MSM.

But saying her phone has been found and disabled, there needs to be a link to back up, otherwise against WS posting rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back