Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off thread topic, I know, and apologies in advance, but can anyone enlighten me as to what I should be seeing or looking for in the photos of the bedroom and why they've been released? Or is it perhaps to jog the memory of other past potential victims?

Hi purpleandgreen, I've just started a new thread for this case. I don't have time to add all of the updated MSM links so if anyone wants to do it, that would be great.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-S-A-09-February-2016&p=12356334#post12356334

23 November 2008

• Date: 23 November
  • Location: John Knight Memorial Park, Lake Ginninderra, Belconnen

Hosted by the ACT Council of Motor Clubs & the Canberra Morris Minor Club and supported by Shannons Insurance. This event is for everbody clubs, individuals, Bog stock to Hot Rod, Primer to Polished, Street Cars to Street Machines, Rusty to Restored, Hacks to Show Cars, Hot 4's to Big Block V8's, and maybe V10's or 12's, Race cars, Drag cars, Rally cars, Speedway cars. All more than welcome. marques@actmotorclubs.org.au

http://www.shannons.com.au/club/events/marques-in-the-park-canberra/

Just came across this Car Show that was on around the time K, K & DH were supposedly in Canberra. It was held on Sunday 23 Nov '08 ... Karlie's card was used the next day at an ATM in Kippax Fair.

Apologies if I'm going over old ground with this, but maybe DH coerced Karlie into heading over to Canberra from SA to go to this show, who knows, meet up with some mutual friends, associates there?

Belconnen being about 6K's from Charnwood ... if they were in Canberra at this time, it could be likely they went to this show.

Hello all. Things appear to have gone very quiet; I do hope that is only an external impression, but that in fact the Investigators are buzzing with activity in bringing to justice these most insidious perpetrators. No way can this be allowed to fade away.

I am no good with the court searches. Can someone tell me has the judgement occurred for HP's civil case against DH / insurer ?

and when in the next appearance for DH?

I could not help but think of Karlie's horrendous injuries when I heard of what took place / very nearly, BBTGOG, ended in another 2 corpses - this time at Salt Bay - and here again a SA connection.

Hello all. Things appear to have gone very quiet; I do hope that is only an external impression, but that in fact the Investigators are buzzing with activity in bringing to justice these most insidious perpetrators. No way can this be allowed to fade away.

I am no good with the court searches. Can someone tell me has the judgement occurred for HP's civil case against DH / insurer ?

and when in the next appearance for DH?

I could not help but think of Karlie's horrendous injuries when I heard of what took place / very nearly, BBTGOG, ended in another 2 corpses - this time at Salt Bay - and here again a SA connection.

From memory DH's next court appearance is in September of this year and things will probably be quiet with this case until then. Unless of course someone else is arrested in the interim.

I don't see any connection between the Salt Bay case and the murder of Karlie and Khandalyce. DH has been arrested and charged for both of these murders. For the investigators to do that, they must have very strong evidence. The alleged perp of the Salt Bay case has absolutely nothing to do with this case. There is a thread for the Salt Lake case if you're interested.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-S-A-09-February-2016&p=12356334#post12356334

You have sent me on a tangent.
Been dredging many images of the Marques in the Park for 2008.
Haven't found them yet

Also the Auto salon event in Sydney around the 13th December 2008

23 November 2008

• Date: 23 November
  • Location: John Knight Memorial Park, Lake Ginninderra, Belconnen

Hosted by the ACT Council of Motor Clubs & the Canberra Morris Minor Club and supported by Shannons Insurance. This event is for everbody clubs, individuals, Bog stock to Hot Rod, Primer to Polished, Street Cars to Street Machines, Rusty to Restored, Hacks to Show Cars, Hot 4's to Big Block V8's, and maybe V10's or 12's, Race cars, Drag cars, Rally cars, Speedway cars. All more than welcome. marques@actmotorclubs.org.au

http://www.shannons.com.au/club/events/marques-in-the-park-canberra/

Just came across this Car Show that was on around the time K, K & DH were supposedly in Canberra. It was held on Sunday 23 Nov '08 ... Karlie's card was used the next day at an ATM in Kippax Fair.

Apologies if I'm going over old ground with this, but maybe DH coerced Karlie into heading over to Canberra from SA to go to this show, who knows, meet up with some mutual friends, associates there?

Belconnen being about 6K's from Charnwood ... if they were in Canberra at this time, it could be likely they went to this show.

Hi everyone. The media hasn't really been talking about this case much. Has anything been happening? I hope it's because the police are working hard. I'm very happy with what they've done here and I'll be interested in hearing the evidence against DH when it goes to court.

The only thing I've managed to find recently is that DH's lawyers haven't received anything about Khandalyce's post-mortem examination.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/daniel-holdom-appears-in-court-via-video-link/7119774

Hi everyone. The media hasn't really been talking about this case much. Has anything been happening? I hope it's because the police are working hard. I'm very happy with what they've done here and I'll be interested in hearing the evidence against DH when it goes to court.

The only thing I've managed to find recently is that DH's lawyers haven't received anything about Khandalyce's post-mortem examination.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/daniel-holdom-appears-in-court-via-video-link/7119774

Yes Hoshizora, the last appearance was adjourned because the defence had not received the post-mortem result on Khandalyce.
I find that very odd and I said so at the time.
Both PMs were completed months ago and the remains have been buried. I can see no reason for a delay in getting the reports and no reason was given.
Personally (and I have no evidence to support this, it is just my opinion), I believe there is an intentional and agreed subterfuge going on.
I believe they are happy to let this case hang for as long as possible.

If 7 News have it right, the case is due to return to court in March.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/30676534/nsw-mother-daughter-murder-case-adjourned/

The court heard a defence had still not been filed, and Marshall's solicitors had not been able to contact their client.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-08/hazel-passmore-seeks-compensation-from-daniel-marshall/7009714

Hp's civil case against DH(M)'s odd too in that his solicitors say they can't obtain instructions from him & that police may not be letting him speak to anyone. Can police do that? Really?

Is DH going down an old familiar path? Keeping his trap shut? Gone to ground? Its almost like a simplistic defence tactic learnt in primary school when you've got yourself in deep s$%t. Just don't say a word ... I don't think he can trust himself.

I am also finding this really peculiar, Symbah.
Like you, I can only assume he is flatly refusing to speak to anyone about anything.
I mean, physically they can obviously "contact" him as he is in custody, so it must mean he is refusing to speak.

I find that intriguing on a psychological level.

He has never been presented to us as a mentally strong person - quite the opposite, in fact. We have been told he is a follower who needs other, stronger people to tell him what to do.

Yet, maintaining silence under police questioning is an extraordinarily hard thing to do and is the behaviour of someone with a very powerful and determined personality.

Alternatively, it could be the response of someone severely mentally incapacitated, but there has been no psych assessment (to my knowledge) to suggest that.

Additionally, the desire to confess is a strong psychological drive, especially once openly accused.
These murders were horrible and whatever motivated them, if he is guilty, the desire to confess should be very strong. IF he is guilty.

If he is NOT guilty, then the psychological desire to deny the accusation would be profound.

So what on earth can be going on?
We know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, yet there has been no indication he is mentally sub-normal either.

He must have been told that he will remain in custody indefinitely if he refuses to enter a plea, so it's not like he can be acquitted because he won't speak.

Just really strange.

He has nothing more to loose.
He is thinking "Let them go for it" see what they can conclude.
Do ya best.
He knows he is in for life now and is getting on with the prison life and attempting to minimise, what to him would be an inconvenience.

On the prosecutions side.. its been many years since these crimes so I would say they are taking all the time they need.

From day one he has been difficult to deal with. Facing the magistrates etc.

Killing a child would be shameful deep down as well. How do you acknowledge that.

I am also finding this really peculiar, Symbah.
Like you, I can only assume he is flatly refusing to speak to anyone about anything.
I mean, physically they can obviously "contact" him as he is in custody, so it must mean he is refusing to speak.

I find that intriguing on a psychological level.

He has never been presented to us as a mentally strong person - quite the opposite, in fact. We have been told he is a follower who needs other, stronger people to tell him what to do.

Yet, maintaining silence under police questioning is an extraordinarily hard thing to do and is the behaviour of someone with a very powerful and determined personality.

Alternatively, it could be the response of someone severely mentally incapacitated, but there has been no psych assessment (to my knowledge) to suggest that.

Additionally, the desire to confess is a strong psychological drive, especially once openly accused.
These murders were horrible and whatever motivated them, if he is guilty, the desire to confess should be very strong. IF he is guilty.

If he is NOT guilty, then the psychological desire to deny the accusation would be profound.

So what on earth can be going on?
We know he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, yet there has been no indication he is mentally sub-normal either.

He must have been told that he will remain in custody indefinitely if he refuses to enter a plea, so it's not like he can be acquitted because he won't speak.

Just really strange.

Would love to know if Holdom gets visitors. If so who.

Would love to know if Holdom gets visitors. If so who.

After speaking to homicide detectives outside court, three women and one man who were in court supporting Holdom declined to comment.
“Please respect the family’s privacy,” one woman said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ffb3b228386c4b25f22bb9924c765f54

Maybe these 3 women & man (all family?) who fended media off at the court when DH was first charged with Karlie's murder.

He has nothing more to loose.
He is thinking "Let them go for it" see what they can conclude.
Do ya best.
He knows he is in for life now and is getting on with the prison life and attempting to minimise, what to him would be an inconvenience.

On the prosecutions side.. its been many years since these crimes so I would say they are taking all the time they need.

From day one he has been difficult to deal with. Facing the magistrates etc.

Killing a child would be shameful deep down as well. How do you acknowledge that.

Is he in with the general population or in solitary or wherever child murderers go for their 'own protection'? Maybe he's not talking, especially in regards to Khandalyce, because he knows that he will be dealt with (accordingly) by fellow prisoners?

That, or sheer arrogance, is the only thing I can think of right now as to why he would not be talking.

I would hope is out in general prison population so he could get some rough justice but I would say he is very well isolated.

Yep, I think he'd know his place in prison, that is ... 'the lowest of the low' . Unfortunately he'd be locked up in protection.

Is he in with the general population or in solitary or wherever child murderers go for their 'own protection'? Maybe he's not talking, especially in regards to Khandalyce, because he knows that he will be dealt with (accordingly) by fellow prisoners?

That, or sheer arrogance, is the only thing I can think of right now as to why he would not be talking.

Other possibilities are:
1. he is too scared to talk because he has been told to keep silent as there is some threat to people he cares about.
2. he knows there is no compelling evidence (this would be especially true if he is not guilty) and knows that the prosecution cannot possibly bring a case against him as long as he says nothing.

I don't particularly believe one thing or another about DH and I try to keep an open mind about his guilt or involvement, but one thing I do know for sure is that this case is beyond peculiar, especially as it now seems everyone, defence and prosecution, are doing their best to delay.
My guess is that this is intentional because DH and Karlie were just the tiny tip of a very big iceberg and delays help with the info gathering.
Sad to say it, but I don't think the death of a mother and her child are the biggest concern of the investigating teams at the moment.

Yes Hoshizora, the last appearance was adjourned because the defence had not received the post-mortem result on Khandalyce.
I find that very odd and I said so at the time.
Both PMs were completed months ago and the remains have been buried. I can see no reason for a delay in getting the reports and no reason was given.
Personally (and I have no evidence to support this, it is just my opinion), I believe there is an intentional and agreed subterfuge going on.
I believe they are happy to let this case hang for as long as possible.

Im sure Forensics SA are very busy and doing the best job they can. Karlie and Khandalyce arent the only case they would be dealing with.
Along with doing the post mortems and lengthy reports they also have to attend Court as well. As long as they get it right the longer it takes the better.... :moo:

in addition to Khandalyce's post-mortem examination, a number of witness statements and forensic analysis of computer items, were still yet to be handed to the defence.

A quick google shows over the years reports take a while....

March 04, 2014
SA court told vital reports on death of cyclist Kathleen Heraghty still four months away from completion

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-from-completion/story-fni6uo1m-1226845002385

August 26, 2014
Post-mortem results into the deaths, which were crucial to the inquest, would take between “seven and 12 months’’ to complete, a Coroner’s officer spokeswoman said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...t/news-story/c00de82c9667a914e8b95615ebf73842

February 27, 2015
Woodville murder case stalled by four-month wait for autopsy report

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...3b6e08f6b3f68204dee2007415005?from=public_rss

Professor Tony Thomas of Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, who carefully explained these processes
http://netk.net.au/CrimJustice/Autopsies.asp

I'm not forgetting that DH has a past of being a convicted pedophile. Police have what they have as evidence now & thats whats they're going with at this time & anything else thats uncovered in due process ... & i'm sure there'll be a lot more ... will be dealt with accordingly & is immaterial right now to this case of the obviously horrific murders of a baby & her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo