Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says on the pic that she is 33 so it is 2008, and I would think it was before the accident for several reasons.
Firstly, the accident happened in Sept and after that she was in rehab until about March 2009.
Secondly, she wasn't single in the latter part of 2008 but in a relationship with DH/DM.
Thirdly, I don't think the blond child in the background is Khandalyce as she is to big and I don't think it is Hazel's youngest either - might not even be a child, hard to tell.

She does look pretty though. It's so very sad :)

I have read that HP is 33 years old now.
She moved to SA after the accident.

I don't think the child in the photo is Khandalyce either.

I have read that HP is 33 years old now.
She moved to SA after the accident.

I don't think the child in the photo is Khandalyce either.

She may have set up the profile years ago but updated her location more recently.
People do that on Facebook so I expect it can be done on that site too.
However, in that photo she looks years younger and many kilos thinner, so I think it must be well before the accident.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/b110948a09714230375815bb18ae8010

The confirmation led to the arrest and subsequent double murder charge of one-time Toowoon Bay resident Daniel James Holdom, who is currently before the courts.

When he started back in 1989, Sgt Burgess said a lot of that investigation would have still involved correspondence “sent by mail’’.

“It would have taken a lot more time and person hours to try and get that same result,’’ he said.

Is this a full hearing? I mean trial or is it just to hear charges? I'm in the UK and going to bed now but I'll be checking this first thing.

Is this a full hearing? I mean trial or is it just to hear charges? I'm in the UK and going to bed now but I'll be checking this first thing.

Just two mentions I believe.

If the analysis of the phone records was the information that the police claimed placed Holdom at the location at the time, I would have thought that same data would be provided to the lawyers months ago.
This is one strange case.
"lawyers are waiting on analysis of telephone and financial records before the prosecution of the pair’s alleged murderer can continue"
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/fd6791153ab794e9edf1143cc0b7bd13

If the analysis of the phone records was the information that the police claimed placed Holdom at the location at the time, I would have thought that same data would be provided to the lawyers months ago.
This is one strange case.
"lawyers are waiting on analysis of telephone and financial records before the prosecution of the pair’s alleged murderer can continue"
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/fd6791153ab794e9edf1143cc0b7bd13

I'm with you Jane, this whole situation & process is just seemingly beyond absurd.
I worked for a major Telco - info is easily found and obtained.
Financial records - WTF ?
One can't help but wonder, how slim is the prosecution case v how good is the defence .. and how skilled is Daniel in knowing his rights and playing his cards.

I'm with you Jane, this whole situation & process is just seemingly beyond absurd.
I worked for a major Telco - info is easily found and obtained.
Financial records - WTF ?
One can't help but wonder, how slim is the prosecution case v how good is the defence .. and how skilled is Daniel in knowing his rights and playing his cards.

Finding the telephone records isn't always difficult, depending on the age of these records, the 'analysis' of these records is obviously different and there could be many reasons this is being done.

One maybe that they are trying to link phone records and financial records together for dates, times, places etc for other reasons besides the murders. Possibly even to link his locations to the theft and fraud of Karlie's bank account.

There is always new information released in the trial/hearing that wasn't released in the press beforehand - just like all the purchases that Vincent Stanford made prior to killing Stephanie Scott that we only heard about yesterday.

I haven't posted for a while, I have been waiting for the darn thing to come to trial.
i too, find the mysterious postponement of the court hearing bizarre
as well.....it may be a 'tactic' by Holdoms lawyer, it may be just a huge amount of data to be sorted through and processed. After all the police had teams of people
collating all the data, whereas the defence may not.

I haven't posted for a while, I have been waiting for the darn thing to come to trial.
i too, find the mysterious postponement of the court hearing bizarre
as well.....it may be a 'tactic' by Holdoms lawyer, it may be just a huge amount of data to be sorted through and processed. After all the police had teams of people
collating all the data, whereas the defence may not.

It wasn't a mysterious postponement of the court hearing. It was simply another 'mention' whereby the magistrate was kept up to date on how the prosecution's case is progressing. The prosecution is waiting on analysis of telephone and financial records before the case can continue and that is perfectly normal. There may be another four or more 'mentions' before this case goes to a committal hearing. It will be determined at the committal hearing if there is enough evidence to send the case to trial before a judge and jury, unless of course Holdom pleads guilty.

Considering Holdom has been charged with not one, but two murders and the huge time frame involved both before and after the murders, police investigators certainly still have a huge amount of work to do. There probably won't be a committal hearing until at least later this year but more likely sometime next year.

Key points noted from the police media conference 27 October 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenew...8059551938054/

• It can be confirmed that Karlie and Khandalyce were killed in mid to late December 2008 and the last confirmed reported sighting was in Charnwood in Canberra.
  • Karlie and Khandalyce were killed at different times and at different locations.
  • A significant development in the investigation has been that people who are believed to be the offenders and others have taken over Karlie's identity, her telephone, her bank accounts, her Centrelink and family payments.
  • In relation to Karlie's mobile phone, those involved in her murder retained her phone and it was used until mid 2011. It is believed that the phone was kept and used to provide some proof of life and to mislead family, friends and law enforcement by suggesting that Karlie was still alive because of activity on her phone.
  • From time to time the message bank of Karlie's phone was accessed. Offenders sent some replies to those text messages confirming that Karlie was alive and well and elsewhere. Some of those SMS messages were sent to family members to again suggest that Karlie was still alive.
  • On a couple of occasions maybe more, a female falsely represented herself to be Karlie in communication with either family or friends. Some of these communications induced someone in Karlie's family to forward some money and that money was later withdrawn by offenders in this matter.
  • Karlie's phone was used to help those involved in this crime to perpetuate other frauds and obtain money.
  • Karlie's bank account was accessed in at least four different states, NT, SA, NSW and ACT. Centrelink and family allowance payments and other money was taken from Karlie's account. There is still a lot of material to go through and records to obtain.
  • A large amount of money also went into Karlie's account. That was from wages of a person, fraud and other unknown sources. All up it is believed that over $90,000 was transacted through Karlie's account.
  • On 24 June 2010 a female in a wheelchair accompanied by a male person attended the Australian Central Credit Union in Elizabeth to update banking records and engage in conversations with the bank. Those people were in possession of identity documents and were able to convince the bank that in fact the female that was present was Karlie.
  • Karlie's bank card was also used several times at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in 2010 and was last used in March 2012 in Charnwood in Canberra.
  • There is a significant focus on the financial investigation in Charnwood, Canberra and also in South Australia.
  • Karlie's bank account was finally closed in 2015 after a lengthy period of inactivity.
  • In relation to the Centrelink and family benefit payments, on 15 December 2010 a female attended Centrelink at Salisbury and falsely represented that she was in fact Karlie and produced identity documents for herself and Khandalyce. It's yet to be determined if this female is the same as the one in the wheelchair.
  • The last payments through Centrelink were in 2011.
  • In respect to what is known about the suspects involved in the financial aspects of the bank account transactions, Centrelink fraud and use of the phone, at least one offender is a male, there may have been more and at least two are females and those suspects either resided at or associated with or were listed in connection with properties at Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood in Canberra.
  • Most of the bank transactions in South Australia were in the northern and north eastern suburbs except for those that were done en route between Alice Springs and the eastern states.
  • It needs to be determined if those involved in the frauds were involved in the murders. It's clear that some of those people involved in the frauds knew without doubt that Karlie and Khandalyce were dead and continued with their role. The focus of the financial investigation is to determine the role of those people who were involved in those frauds and to see whether they were involved before the deaths, during the deaths or after the deaths.
  • Anyone who was involved in any way, or assists anybody involved in this terrible crime, or impedes the investigation or withholds information deliberately to help the offenders, faces a very lengthy term in prison.

BBM: Karlie was murdered in 2008, yet her bank accounts and phone were used for years after that time. The investigation will also be focused on what role the other POI's played in the murders of Karlie and Khandalyce.

So DH is still awaiting trial and it seems the police are doing their best to get as much evidence as they can, but what about the other female/females? If I remember right HP hasn't been charges with anything at all has she?

Image Phone calls from DH made around the times of murders etc.
All those people would be investigated .. then calls those contacts made would be tracked as well.
Especially if there are patterns. Like DH rings say A then very soon after A rings B. Whats the connection etc.
That is a lot of work. The net gets stretched bigger.
Then do something similar with financials and CCTV.
Its a pretty big map forming. Who was where when.
Add forensics like hair samples of Mum and daughter. Good for drugs consumed diet etc etc.

That is a lot of work.
I am sure the cops are holding there tongues when talking with all these scum knowing they will pay for there indifference to life.

I'm posting in memory of Karlie & Khandalyce . I just don't want them, nor the atrocities bestowed on both, to be forgotten.

I understand the investigation contains much to be followed up on, and to compile appropriately. However, I am concerned at the lack of charges upon those additional persons we have been led to believe were in cahoots.

In no way diminishing the excellent work our law enforcers do, my personal concern is with the time frames taken for a resolution, given all the technology available these days.

The longer it drags on, to be frank, the weaker the case is looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo