Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren Ashley was in the drag racing scene wasn't he? There is a link.

If, Kharlie had a drug debt stated by the carer, why hasn't the carer detailed where the debt arrived from? Obviously the carer was close enough to provide further detail if he is going to speculate defamatory information of a deceased person? Why not provide the elaborated information. The carer must know who that debt was acquired from if he knows the debt existed.

Simply saying, She had a drug debt is defamatory

Stupid yes!!!...desperate to dig himself out of a hole because of tax evasion and failed business enterprises....but no evidence via MSM - that I have found of any physical harm to anyone....

I haven't been able to find any evidence to link him at all with Karlie....Tidbits from MSM mention her association with the drag racing community...some how seems important..and the dates of his transition from Drag Racing King....into underworld drug dealer seem strangely coincidentally to fall within the same time frame of Karlie's big adventure to leave Alice and travel and find work.....and sooo very sadly...ohhh the ???? never been explained relationship with Darren Ashley..... the same man who tried to put up the defence it was a MC club involved in the murder of his wife...
http://http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/accused-drug-kingpin-takes-court-action-over-computer-access-in-cell/news-story/45767abb6d535a4c331bab57f2005baa

Do you mean in the 21.5hrs he was in Wallaroo?
Well that's weird, or impossible, isn't it?

Assuming you mean Karlie's account was accessed at Deakin during that time period, that would imply someone else had the card.

Or that DH was not in Wallaroo for 21.5 hours... confused now.

Do we have an actual time on the 19/12 that the card was used in Deakin? DH could of used it at Deakin from midnight 19/12 leading up to being at Wallaroo at 2.17am 19/12.

I'm assuming Plongi means the 21.5hr period at Wallaroo between 2.17am and midnight on the 19/12 & not including the time spent there on 20/12.

Do we have an actual time on the 19/12 that the card was used in Deakin? DH could of used it at Deakin from midnight 19/12 leading up to being at Wallaroo at 2.17am 19/12.

I'm assuming Plongi means the 21.5hr period at Wallaroo between 2.17am and midnight on the 19/12 & not including the time spent there on 20/12.

Ah yes, that makes sense.
Thanks Symbah.
I am still wondering how the police place him at Wallaroo for such a long period when there is nothing there like a caravan park, pub, shop, servo or ATM that could have recorded his presence.

Darren Ashley was in the drag racing scene wasn't he? There is a link.

If, Kharlie had a drug debt stated by the carer, why hasn't the carer detailed where the debt arrived from? Obviously the carer was close enough to provide further detail if he is going to speculate defamatory information of a deceased person? Why not provide the elaborated information. The carer must know who that debt was acquired from if he knows the debt existed.

Simply saying, She had a drug debt is defamatory

DA provides a bikie link too (remembering his supposed alibi for his wife's murder).

Perhaps the carer had heard of the drug debt/bounty second hand. Just a thought.
Or, perhaps he has provided the police with names. He may have also given the media names, but of course they cannot print them.

My own opinion, which I want to make clear I have no evidence at all for, is this:
I think the debt story was well known and, after the ID, everyone who had known Karlie was talking about it; or rather, they were whispering about it.
I think it was generally believed that this debt was the reason Karlie no longer went back to the Alice and why she didn't make contact with her mum or nana before they died.
I think her family and friends thought they were keeping K and K safe by their occasional deposits into her account and by misrepresentation to her credit union and social security.

I think the media got a sniff of the debt story and were desperate for someone to confirm it. They were busy contacting anyone who Karlie knew, but her immediate family were not commenting.
So I think it is quite plausible that, as the media trawled through the family, friends and connections, they asked "have you heard about the debt?"
Some might refuse to comment, some say "no", some say "yes" but won't give details.

Then eventually they come across the carer who, in my opinion foolishly, tells all he knows.
The media ask if he has told the police and he says, of course he has, and I imagine he assumes others have talked to the police about it too.

He doesn't need to be someone who knows that much about the debt. His only purpose in the eyes of the media was to confirm a rumour they were hearing and give it credence.

I do feel sorry for him though, as he clearly intended (and was probably promised) that he would remain anonymous. But then, by detailing his relationship to Connie and the brush with the law, his identity was revealed.

As you say Crabby, "Simply saying she had a drug debt is defamatory". But saying a close associate of the family confirms the rumour that she had a debt and saying that he has spoken to the police about it makes it publishable.

Another thing I wonder is whether the debt story grew legs after she was missing or before.

Ah yes, that makes sense.
Thanks Symbah.
I am still wondering how the police place him at Wallaroo for such a long period when there is nothing there like a caravan park, pub, shop, servo or ATM that could have recorded his presence.

I'm wondering how too Jane ... but it seems a fair amount of time may also of been spent at Belanglo with ... between the 14 and 15 Dec given as the time frame of Karlie's murder.

He could have left the area in that 21.5 hours and not been seen or not used his phone. Used his phone before he left the area before going to Deakin ... returns to Wallaroo then uses the phone again on leaving to go to SA...The card use on the 19th in Deakin could have been done between 12 and 2:17 am .. 2 hrs 17 mins window before getting to Wallaroo. Then he went to Wallaroo. Got out of it. rest is history.
But yeh not having to card use time is annoying.
There are two private Bike track with farms and Out house buildings attatched in Wallaroo district. One has many car bodies around it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...er-mother-karlie/story-fni0cx12-1227645596184

Not much happening in Deakin between 12 and 2:17 in the morning. There is a football Club? Hanging with friend? Scoring drugs?
Do you mean in the 21.5hrs he was in Wallaroo?
Well that's weird, or impossible, isn't it?

Assuming you mean Karlie's account was accessed at Deakin during that time period, that would imply someone else had the card.

Or that DH was not in Wallaroo for 21.5 hours... confused now.

there are also spots where you could camp going relatively un-noticed

Even if you are defamed after dead? You are saying before they are dead?

Defamation is a hard one. But depending on the circumstances, family members could go him. Especially loss of income. He did report it to a newspaper in writing. Not that he probably has any assets to take.

Section 10 of the Defamation Act pretty much says once you're dead anyone who defamed you gets away with it.

https://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/A/DEFAMATION ACT 2005/CURRENT/2005.50.UN.PDF

Another year of life Karlie & Khandalyce have missed.
Taken far too soon.
May justice prevail for these two sweet angels.

This is where Hawthorn rd crosses the river. .. Wallaroo rd into McCarthy rd then turns into Hawthorn rd crosses the river.
At the crossing people camp

Page 13
Lightning 768 077 Murrumbidgee River ( Fish Trap ) Deadman`s waterholeIllegal camp fires 771 107 Murrumbidgeee RiverMc Carthy road BridgeDumped and stolen cars Multiple Parkwood RoadBarton HighwayWallaroo Road

http://www.wallaroo.rfsa.org.au/Wallaroo Pre Incident Plan document Rev 1. 3 ( 2013 ).pdf

map here
https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6b17a9566971c4fd:0xcf5a8423060b903f

Even if you are defamed after dead? You are saying before they are dead?

Defamation is a hard one. But depending on the circumstances, family members could go him. Especially loss of income. He did report it to a newspaper in writing. Not that he probably has any assets to take.

The wording is...

10—No cause of action for defamation of, or against, deceased persons
A person (including a personal representative of a deceased person) cannot assert,
continue or enforce a cause of action for defamation in relation to—
(a) the publication of defamatory matter about a deceased person (whether
published before or after his or her death); or
(b) the publication of defamatory matter by a person who has died since
publishing the matter.

Her family would have to prove that things said about her were actually damaging them in some economic sense... which is unlikely. She's long dead and everyone would have been working their jobs and building their own reputations during the time since she disappeared, I doubt any employer is going to be overly phased by the sudden revelation that their employee once had a sister or cousin who may have been involved in something dodgy.

Obviously it is pretty darn nasty to say bad things about her if those bad things aren't warranted by the evidence and one doesn't have a good reason for saying those things, but not illegal.

Plongi, you are surely the Queen of Google Maps!
That looks like a likely camping spot to me.

I'm wondering how too Jane ... but it seems a fair amount of time may also of been spent at Belanglo with ... between the 14 and 15 Dec given as the time frame of Karlie's murder.

I think the answer must be phone calls.
We have previously learnt that a 2008 phone with no GPS would not give an accurate enough location through pings alone, so I think it must be calls made at either end of these time frames.
Which, if correct, would not necessarily mean he was in the areas (either Belanglo or Wallaroo) during the entire time period, but only that he made calls from these areas at specific times.
I want to know who he called.

The wording is...

10—No cause of action for defamation of, or against, deceased persons
A person (including a personal representative of a deceased person) cannot assert,
continue or enforce a cause of action for defamation in relation to—
(a) the publication of defamatory matter about a deceased person (whether
published before or after his or her death); or
(b) the publication of defamatory matter by a person who has died since
publishing the matter.

Her family would have to prove that things said about her were actually damaging them in some economic sense... which is unlikely. She's long dead and everyone would have been working their jobs and building their own reputations during the time since she disappeared, I doubt any employer is going to be overly phased by the sudden revelation that their employee once had a sister or cousin who may have been involved in something dodgy.

Obviously it is pretty darn nasty to say bad things about her if those bad things aren't warranted by the evidence and one doesn't have a good reason for saying those things, but not illegal.

Yes, it is nasty to say bad things about her if they are not true.
Personally, I am surprised the family have remained silent on the matter.
But perhaps the police have advised them not to speak to the media.
Although, then again, one aunty did say something about her belonging to a group that shared the attributes of “unfortunate circumstances”.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/eb09eb0807f769e0b3fee6edff168be1

I still find that to be a most peculiar and obscure comment to make at a funeral.

From same article linked above, if Mrs Harris had not seen her niece since she was 19, then does that mean she never saw Khandalyce?
Was Khandalyce born then? I don't think she was.

If Mrs H has this "unfortunate circumstances group" info, where did that come from? Was Karlie already in this group at 19, or is this info passed on to Mrs Harris from other family members?

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member