Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Deaths_of_Karlie_Pearce-Stevenson_and_Khandalyce_Pearce

On 21 October 2015, the bones (found in Belanglo in 2010) were identified as the body of Pearce-Stevenson, aged 22, from Alice Springs.
-.-.-.-
Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson was born around 1988 in Alice Springs and attended Braitling primary school and Alice Springs High School.
-.-.-

2010, when "Angel"/Karlie in Belanglo was found, she would have been 22yo if she still had been alive - and that's the mistake, I think.
Except for Wiki I've nowhere read this error in the age indication.

One criminal network - of how many ...?

December 24, 2015

http://www.alicespringsnews.com.au/2015/12/24/six-men-charged-with-drug-and-other-offences/

After a four-month operation, detectives from the Tactical Investigations Unit have dismantled an elaborate criminal network involved in trafficking MDMA (ecstasy), methamphetamines (ice), steroids and testosterone from South Australia to Alice Springs, according to a police media release today.

This operation culminated in the arrest of six people for serious drug-related offending as well as the seizure of a large quantity of illicit drugs.

Why does a person DH .. who murders someone they have an obvious connection with .. not hide their body that well ?
Why kill a child then carelessly dump them with identifying articles ?

Milat went to some effort hiding his kills .. and he didn't have any connection to those he murdered. Less likely to be found and if found harder to trace to Milat himself.

If Belanglo was used to put people of the trail and onto the Milat family .. does that mean you want them found .. and once the investigating starts do they think the money trail wont be found. Bank accounts are always checked.

Would it be easier on a criminal level for bodies never to be found?

help me understand this dilemma.

Why does a person DH .. who murders someone they have an obvious connection with .. not hide their body that well ?

Milat went to some effort hiding his kills .. and he didn't have any connection to those he murdered. Less likely to be found and if found harder to trace to Milat himself.

If Belanglo was used to put people of the trail and onto the Milat family .. does that mean you want them found .. and once the investigating starts do they think the money trail wont be found. Bank accounts are always checked.

I don't know if the placement at Belanglo was deliberate act to throw Police off... but it would certainly have police thinking of possible connections (Milat) once the body was found..or at least ensure some doubts.

Could be that whomever placed her there believed she was well hidden (Especially if they were unfamiliar with the forest themselves) As it turns out she did remain hidden for two years.

The separation and distance between Mother and Daughter's remains would also give some confidence that the two many never be connected -

The suitcase -clothing/identifying articles.......well that one has me stumped too... Then again I am having trouble accepting that the suitcase had been on the side of the Karoonda Hwy all these years....IMO the suitcase was hidden somewhere else and had been moved more recently to that location...by persons unknown..

*If * Drugs were involved...then I can assume - logic doesn't factor in too much.

Committing $$ fraud could just seem the next (opportunistic) thing to do - as abhorrent as it is - and would also serve the purpose that it did achieve for so many years.....Karlie was not dead, she is drawing monies from her account and just doesn't want contact.

It was almost the perfect double murder...

I am still completely blown away with the fact that individually their cases could have so easily ended up as cold cases....

Be it fate, Karma.....I don't know what to call it....the fact that they have finally been reunited is ...Miracle???

If its true that the suitcase had been sitting by the Karoonda Hwy for all those years with incriminating evidence within ... & if its true that it was put there en route after leaving Wallaroo, the murder scene ... whether it was a rash, panicked decision, one influenced by drugs & or even the after effects of a fatal accident ... then surely, at least at some point of time in the ensuing years, one would think DH would of had a moment of clarity, when the penny dropped ... that perhaps the suitcase should be moved & made to disappear?

It just seems so very basic to of tried to make that suitcase never to be found.

If an author would like to write a book, he would have to think whether it is too much stuff for 1 (in words: one) story:

A young female, single mother of a little daughter, born when the mother was ca. 18yo, young mother always struggling and most struggling after the birth of her child, now searching adventures and searching living on her own (without rules by parents), gets in love with an older man, who in the future will murder his wife, young female remains spared to an unhappy (deadly) end, gets in love with another older man, who in the near future will murder her AND her little child, a man who has a partner with 3 children when getting closer to him, a man who causes a fatal car crash, which leaves his partner paralysed and 2 of her children dead, young mother becomes lover of the older man who is a pedophile and perhaps she becomes a drug dealer of his circle, young mother avoids contact to her family, family thinks of drug debt and bounty and tries to understand her fear to have contact, older man separates from his partner (car crash-victim), older man murders the young female in 12/08 and days later her little daughter, someone steals the identity of the young mother and betrays the family of the young female, Centrelink and others, older man gets reconsiled with his ex-partner (car crash), it goes for some years, family of young female report her and her toddler missing, family stop the missing report, grandma of young female dies, mother of young female dies not knowing her daughter is dead already, older man and car crash-victim separate a second time, older man gets engaged with teenager, car crash-victim gets a new partner and gives birth to another child, one year in summer a motorcyclist finds a suitcase with remains of a girl beside a highway, forensics identify the bones to be the remains of a toddler (dead for years) who's mother was murdered years ago around 1000km away from that dumping place, like a great miracle young female Karlie and her toddler Khandalyce are reunited at funeral. - The drama goes on .....

Too much for one book.

I think it is the absurdities that you outline above that keep us all coming back here, Plongi, hoping someone has an answer.

You are right FG!
If you went to a publisher with that outline they'd tell you that as a plot it is too unbelievable.

I guess there was a comment once on here about people who live by putting one foot in front of the other.

Yeh maybe Khandalyce was supposed to be identified. But the mother to be lost forever.

I don't know if the placement at Belanglo was deliberate act to throw Police off... but it would certainly have police thinking of possible connections (Milat) once the body was found..or at least ensure some doubts.

Could be that whomever placed her there believed she was well hidden (Especially if they were unfamiliar with the forest themselves) As it turns out she did remain hidden for two years.

The separation and distance between Mother and Daughter's remains would also give some confidence that the two many never be connected -

The suitcase -clothing/identifying articles.......well that one has me stumped too... Then again I am having trouble accepting that the suitcase had been on the side of the Karoonda Hwy all these years....IMO the suitcase was hidden somewhere else and had been moved more recently to that location...by persons unknown..

*If * Drugs were involved...then I can assume - logic doesn't factor in too much.

Committing $$ fraud could just seem the next (opportunistic) thing to do - as abhorrent as it is - and would also serve the purpose that it did achieve for so many years.....Karlie was not dead, she is drawing monies from her account and just doesn't want contact.

It was almost the perfect double murder...

I am still completely blown away with the fact that individually their cases could have so easily ended up as cold cases....

Be it fate, Karma.....I don't know what to call it....the fact that they have finally been reunited is ...Miracle???

Yes a moment of clarity that never came..

If its true that the suitcase had been sitting by the Karoonda Hwy for all those years with incriminating evidence within ... & if its true that it was put there en route after leaving Wallaroo, the murder scene ... whether it was a rash, panicked decision, one influenced by drugs & or even the after effects of a fatal accident ... then surely, at least at some point of time in the ensuing years, one would think DH would of had a moment of clarity, when the penny dropped ... that perhaps the suitcase should be moved & made to disappear?

It just seems so very basic to of tried to make that suitcase never to be found.

The "Angel" tee shirt was within 2 mtrs of Karlies bones. So she was naked when left?

Why just the tee shirt and no other clothes.

Are we certain there were no other clothes?
Animals, deterioration
The "Angel" tee shirt was within 2 mtrs of Karlies bones. So she was naked when left?

Why just the tee shirt and no other clothes.

Plongi it is one of the quintessential dilemmas for sure! We can speculate about him being dull, drug-f'd, scared of being caught (on both occasions or for different reasons?), even that he did not act alone/call all the shots, but I suspect that forensic psychiatrists and profilers everywhere are going nuts knocking themselves out for the investigators to determine (as your post suggests) how someone leaves bodies of people with whom they have been in (relatively) intimate relationships or for whom they may be expected to have some attachment. Leaving little K's remains in with her eventually identifiable clothing and quilt has never made sense to me, when he could have disposed of those tiny bones just about anywhere on his epic travels with the more than reasonable expectation of them never being found, or if found, identifiable. Can't help you with the dilemma, but sure share your frustration!

If an author would like to write a book, he would have to think whether it is too much stuff for 1 (in words: one) story:

A young female, single mother of a little daughter, born when the mother was ca. 18yo, young mother always struggling and most struggling after the birth of her child, now searching adventures and searching living on her own (without rules by parents), gets in love with an older man, who in the future will murder his wife, young female remains spared to an unhappy (deadly) end, gets in love with another older man, who in the near future will murder her AND her little child, a man who has a partner with 3 children when getting closer to him, a man who causes a fatal car crash, which leaves his partner paralysed and 2 of her children dead, young mother becomes lover of the older man who is a pedophile and perhaps she becomes a drug dealer of his circle, young mother avoids contact to her family, family thinks of drug debt and bounty and tries to understand her fear to have contact, older man separates from his partner (car crash-victim), older man murders the young female in 12/08 and days later her little daughter, someone steals the identity of the young mother and betrays the family of the young female, Centrelink and others, older man gets reconsiled with his ex-partner (car crash), it goes for some years, family of young female report her and her toddler missing, family stop the missing report, grandma of young female dies, mother of young female dies not knowing her daughter is dead already, older man and car crash-victim separate a second time, older man gets engaged with teenager, car crash-victim gets a new partner and gives birth to another child, one year in summer a motorcyclist finds a suitcase with remains of a girl beside a highway, forensics identify the bones to be the remains of a toddler (dead for years) who's mother was murdered years ago around 1000km away from that dumping place, like a great miracle young female Karlie and her toddler Khandalyce are reunited at funeral. - The drama goes on .....

Too much for one book.
Would this slot in to he story: "Pay up Older Man or we kill the girls." Older Man says/delivers back: "Sure, your stuffs in this suitcase" (sending a message that threats mean nothing to him). Suitcase ditched. Everyone walks away.
mOO.

Would this slot in to he story: "Pay up Older Man or we kill the girls." Older Man says/delivers back: "Sure, your stuffs in this suitcase" (sending a message that threats mean nothing to him). Suitcase ditched. Everyone walks away.
mOO.

Hhhmmmm ... but why should someone have threatened him to kill "the girls" only 7 years later (after the girls were last seen in 2008)?

Your right Symbah.

I was looking at the Snow town story. Some people just dont seem to see the enormity of what they have done and are doing. They had a plan but it just wasnt executed that well and in time they got lazy.

I would love to spend some time with a criminal psych asking these questions.

Plongi it is one of the quintessential dilemmas for sure! We can speculate about him being dull, drug-f'd, scared of being caught (on both occasions or for different reasons?), even that he did not act alone/call all the shots, but I suspect that forensic psychiatrists and profilers everywhere are going nuts knocking themselves out for the investigators to determine (as your post suggests) how someone leaves bodies of people with whom they have been in (relatively) intimate relationships or for whom they may be expected to have some attachment. Leaving little K's remains in with her eventually identifiable clothing and quilt has never made sense to me, when he could have disposed of those tiny bones just about anywhere on his epic travels with the more than reasonable expectation of them never being found, or if found, identifiable. Can't help you with the dilemma, but sure share your frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur