Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes purpleandgreen, thats one of the scenarios I'd considered too. I'm trying to be careful with what I say also.

Ah good. So it's not just me thinking this way. That's a relief :)

If we knew when she got out of Adelaide Hospital Care. I went round that one back a way. I think she was released later than this Deakin date. Correct me. I want her to have been in the ACT

No, I'm certain she wasn't in any condition to be travelling at that time.
Massive internal injuries, bowel resection, spinal damage, amputation of leg, just to mention her physical trauma.

Re the ABC link above, I am still wondering what this means and what on earth could be in those files pertaining to a car crash 10 weeks before the murders that the police would want redacted.

"The court heard police had no objection to releasing the documents, but some would be redacted."

I know it is just speculation, but I assume there must be something in those files that, if made public, would somehow affect the public and potential jury view of the murders.
In other words, I assume the redacted part would be somehow sub-judice, but I have been wracking my brains trying to imagine what on earth it might be.
Is it possible that something, some common thread, links both the accident and the murders?

I wonder if DM was his legal name at the time of the accident or just an alias he was using at the time.
Can you sue someone knowing that is not their real name?
Is that breaking a law?

It just seems odd that we have a case in SA = DM and one in NSW = DH but they are the same person.

IMO

Very good question, Soso!
Surely any legal action uses your legal name.
Did he legally change his name between the accident and the murders?
Seems unlikely as he grew up as Holdom, didn't he?

Over a year after the accident a hand written scribbled note on his file says his partner in Alice Springs says he has gone to ground and not contacting anyone.

This partner in Alice Spring in late 2009 early 2010 (that would be about a year after the accident).

That can't be HP can it??
Wasn't she already living in SA?

HP told police in 2009 after having her leg amputated that she did not blame DM for the accident though she told them she had to be angry at someone.
Who that someone is remains unanswered.

I wonder if this partner in Alice Springs a year after the accident knew Karlie and Khandalyce fairly well?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...h/news-story/52071e8f94f94824120db6335594dd0f

Re the ABC link above, I am still wondering what this means and what on earth could be in those files pertaining to a car crash 10 weeks before the murders that the police would want redacted.

"The court heard police had no objection to releasing the documents, but some would be redacted."

I know it is just speculation, but I assume there must be something in those files that, if made public, would somehow affect the public and potential jury view of the murders.
In other words, I assume the redacted part would be somehow sub-judice, but I have been wracking my brains trying to imagine what on earth it might be.
Is it possible that something, some common thread, links both the accident and the murders?

I think not, in any case not directly. Think of his inclination - and this somehow (I don't know how) in connection with the accident, so 2 different investigations in parallel. Source: news article, not found today. And now :silenced:

dh is named in msn as a paedophile, so could the accident and murders be linked by this?

I think not, in any case not directly. Think of his inclination - and this somehow (I don't know how) in connection with the accident, so 2 different investigations in parallel. Source: news article, not found today. And now :silenced:

That was along the lines I was thinking.
There is some reference to something in the police files for the accident that is somehow sub-j for the murder cases.
I just cannot imagine what that could be.
Well no, that's not correct :thinking: , I can imagine all sorts of things it might be, but wish I knew what it actually is.

Over a year after the accident a hand written scribbled note on his file says his partner in Alice Springs says he has gone to ground and not contacting anyone.

This partner in Alice Spring in late 2009 early 2010 (that would be about a year after the accident).

That can't be HP can it??
Wasn't she already living in SA?

HP told police in 2009 after having her leg amputated that she did not blame DM for the accident though she told them she had to be angry at someone.
Who that someone is remains unanswered.

I wonder if this partner in Alice Springs a year after the accident knew Karlie and Khandalyce fairly well?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...h/news-story/52071e8f94f94824120db6335594dd0f

I agree. If The Australian is correct, then this was a NEW partner not HP.
The guy had no problem attracting women, did he?
I find that so hard to understand.

I wonder if DM was his legal name at the time of the accident or just an alias he was using at the time.
Can you sue someone knowing that is not their real name?
Is that breaking a law?

It just seems odd that we have a case in SA = DM and one in NSW = DH but they are the same person.

IMO

Trying to answer my own question.
This does at least say you can use any name as long as .....................

In Clarkson, the Defendant sought to argue that it was not an offence to apply for a licence using a name that is an alias. He had filled out the licence application forms using four different names and provided false birth certificates in support of each application. The Court found that an offence could be committed under the Crimes Act in relation to fraudently obtaining a driver licence if three key elements were met:
That the accused person pretended to be another person
That the accused person had done so with the intent to obtain ‘property’ in the form of a driver licence
That the actions of the accused were carried out with an intention to commit fraud
In considering any identity-related fraud offence, it should be noted that the mere use of an alias (including a name that has not been registered with the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages) will not necessarily amount to criminal conduct. As the Administrative Appeals Tribunal has noted: ‘Speaking generally, the law of this country allows any person to assume any name, provided its use is not calculated to deceive and to inflict pecuniary loss.

http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/traffic-law/driving-offences/license-by-false-declaration

Could be Family Day Care?

I don't remember ever hearing that Khandalyce attended a day care centre either.
Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.
However, when you look at the quilt photo it seems to me that the carpet, the cane lounge in the background, and the other quilt on the cane lounge indicate a domestic situation and not a day care centre.

attachment.php

When I raised this previously I was asked not to go there Jane SA - sorry can't remember why not...

Would that be Mel May?
Mel May was a close friend of Karlie's.
She was from Renmark SA and said that their children had played together.
Mel knew Karlie in Alice Springs and they both moved to SA where they shared a house for a while.
I haven't read what Mel does or did for a living though.

Police allege that Holdom murdered Khandalyce at Wallaroo between 2.17am on December 19, 2008 and 12.52am the following morning.
This doesnt mean he was in that area the whole time. Could have left the area and frequented Deakin in that time.

Has it been reported how this time frame was established? Mobile phone pings?

Has it been reported how this time frame was established? Mobile phone pings?

No Oona, as far as I'm aware, police haven't released how they've confirmed this exact time frame.

When I raised this previously I was asked not to go there Jane SA - sorry can't remember why not...
Probably just not to sleuth her, Maggie, or report stuff about her that is not in the media.
It's a tricky rule to follow though.

No, Oona, it hasn't been reported as far as I know (RE: time DH was in Wallaroo).
Phone pings has just been a guess because the police mentioned pings in relation to placing him in Belanaglo Forest at the time they think Karlie was killed.
But there has to be more to it than that, for placing him at Belanglo and at Wallaroo at specific times because, even today, mobile phone pings are notoriously inaccurate for tracing people, and back in 2008 when most phones didn't have a GPS facility and there were many fewer mobile phone towers, the accuracy of pings to find a location was much higher, especially in semi-rural areas like these.

Re the photo of Khandalyce in the pusher with the rubricks cube and the quilt...
I am unsure why we are discussing the location where the photo was taken, other than to try and work out who might have supplied it.
My belief (just belief) is that it looks like the grandmother's home due to the furnishings and the appearance of another quilt in the background.
It also seems the most logical location because it is, after all, where both Karlie and Khandalyce lived when not on the road.
As to who took the photo, that could be anyone from Karlie herself, a family member or a visiting friend.
To me, the most logical train of events is probably this:
First caller to Crimestoppers said they wondered if the remains were Khandalyce, simply because they hadn't seen her or her mother for many years.
Police seemed interested, so first caller spoke to another mutual friend of Karlie, one who had said she last saw K and K at Marion years earlier.
That person then also phoned CS and supplied the Marion photos.
Police then contacted family in Alice Springs to confirm if K and K were missing.
When police learnt they were genuinely missing, they asked for family photos.
With both Mum and Grandma since dead, the remaining family don't seem to have had many photos, but among whatever they supplied was the quilt photo that confirmed the identity of at least the quilt, if not the child.
Familial DNA would have then confirmed the identities.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 34 Sek.Vor 34 Sekunden
Iaccio says cell towers are just a "general guideline." Radius of tower depends on many factors. 1-1.5 km in urban centre, rural@= 2-2.5 km
Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten
Iaccio says typically, Wind can get GPS coordinate of customer's phones as long as it's on.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16 Min.Vor 16 Minuten
Iaccio is a qualified expert in the interpretation of cell phone records.

Maybe, someone ist interested re Belanglo State Forest and Wallaroo. The expert is from Canada, but I think, that doesn't matter?

Pi
attachment.php
Pic of Mobile towers in Wallaroo area.
The red is Wallaroo district

Attachments

• Wallaroo_Towres.jpg
    Wallaroo_Towres.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 171
Just a thought.
Maybe he met up with some one coming into Canberra on the highway in Wallaroo district.
Carried on to and included Deakin.
Then return trip leaving town passes back through Wallaroo on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24