Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr Coleman is adamant about two things: “He’s not a runaway and there was no third person.” Kyle and James worked together in the hydraulic section at Popeys Diesel Services Pty Ltd.

They had known each other for four years and had been good mates for the last two. Mr Coleman said James was a frequent visitor to their house and was considered almost part of the family.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/dad-on-murder-trail/story-fnjfzs4b-1227026344813

It is so sad that inquests take so long to happen, for the families involved .... I know it is the situation for all inquests, but it would be great if we could have more Coronial Inquests. Families lives are often in limbo until the inquest is held. And even afterwards, if there is an open finding. :sigh:

It was still up to the coroner to decide what happened, but Mr Coleman said it could take up to a year and a half after police filed their report before the findings were released.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...to-answers-missing-mount-isa-teenager/?cs=190

Help has come from unexpected quarters.

Mr Coleman’s company has given him time off to search at Undilla and has even flown staff up from Orange in NSW to cover for him when he’s been away.

A local tyre company repairs his tyres damaged on the rocks at Undilla. Lindsay and Margaret Miller at Undilla move every mountain they can to help him search their station for his son.

“There are people we just can’t thank enough. We want to know what happened. We want Kyle back,” Mr Coleman said.

http://m.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/dad-on-murder-trail/story-fnjfzs4b-1227026344813

I was quizzing my hubby about guns too. I was confused about them saying shotgun and then .303 casing. The .303 is a bullet for a rifle, which would be used for hunting rather than a shotgun, so I think it's sloppy reporting and it was in fact a rifle. He too thinks it could be an accident but by putting it down - like butt on the ground - and it could have discharged. I'll ask him tomorrow about 'hair trigger' and see if that's common with a 303. I didn't think to ask this at the time. He was stumped about blood splatter though, because it would spray away from the gun and not towards it. He thinks it
Could create splatter if the bullet ricochet'd off a wall / rock face or similar but that would need to be self inflicted or a through n through? I think he was aiming at self inflicted as I'd not told him the full story before asking about blood splatter. Having said that, where abouts was the blood on the rifle? And is course, where abouts was the gunshot wound? More questions than answers...

A side note, the bullet for a 303 is about 3 inches long... It's not a small rifle, it would kill a large animal (cow etc) in one shot. They are basically a military rifle used in past wars and designed to kill people...

I was looking up blood splatter on gun barrel after reading your post and I came across this - on Page 4 it discusses blood splatter, specifically:

"Bloodstains and spatter from gunshot wounds are produced from both forward spatter (blood spatter laterally ejected from the exit wound) and back spatter (blood and other biological matter ejected in the contrasting direction as movement of the projectile)."

"The drawback effect (or blowback effect) is a phenomenon seen mainly in contact and close range gunshot wounds. It refers to the process in which blood droplets are deposited inside the barrel of a weapon after discharge. The cause of this phenomenon has not yet been agreed to, but current theories include the increased pressure in the gunshot wound and the near vacuum in the barrel (created by the discharged gases escaping along with the projectile), which then creates a sucking effect that sucks blood and other biological tissue into the barrel."

http://upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/submitted/etd-05092005-095812/unrestricted/01chapter1.pdf

It is perhaps possible that the blood spatter could be inside the gunshot barrel at close range. I would not have thought so either...

I was looking up blood splatter on gun barrel after reading your post and I came across this - on Page 4 it discusses blood splatter, specifically:

"Bloodstains and spatter from gunshot wounds are produced from both forward spatter (blood spatter laterally ejected from the exit wound) and back spatter (blood and other biological matter ejected in the contrasting direction as movement of the projectile)."

"The drawback effect (or blowback effect) is a phenomenon seen mainly in contact and close range gunshot wounds. It refers to the process in which blood droplets are deposited inside the barrel of a weapon after discharge. The cause of this phenomenon has not yet been agreed to, but current theories include the increased pressure in the gunshot wound and the near vacuum in the barrel (created by the discharged gases escaping along with the projectile), which then creates a sucking effect that sucks blood and other biological tissue into the barrel."

http://upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/submitted/etd-05092005-095812/unrestricted/01chapter1.pdf

It is perhaps possible that the blood spatter could be inside the gunshot barrel at close range. I would not have thought so either...

Thanks for that, Tarjessi. That info is helpful to know.

Nice work Tarjessi, thanks that's very interesting!

THE father of missing Mount Isa teenager Kyle Coleman *believes a third person could be involved in the mysterious disappearance of his son, who has not been seen for six months.

It comes as a coronial inquest seems likely with police preparing their final report and the Coleman family still desperate for answers.

A massive search and police investigation failed to locate Kyle after his friend James Coleman – who is believed to be the last person to see Kyle alive – took his own life five days after the disappearance.

Kyle’s father Rob Coleman said he feared something more sinister than a simple accident may have happened to his son and suspected a third party knew what happened to the 17-year-old.

“I can’t understand, if it was just an accident, why they wouldn’t just report it?” he said.

“I do believe someone else out there knows a certain amount of information because I knew the other young fella (James Coleman) and he doesn’t strike me as being capable of pulling this off by himself.

http://m.townsvillebulletin.com.au/...ns-disappearance/story-fnjfzs4b-1227039534475

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=703139486401208&id=623493187699172

If someone else is involved, I doubt they will willingly come forward - but I really do hope that they have talked about it to somebody else who then passes the information along to police.

As we see time and again, people do seem to tell others of their crimes (which always blows my mind!).

I just hope the person/people they've confided in can't live with keeping it a secret when the poor Coleman family is in so much pain.

Please let them come forward to ease this terrible burden for Kyle's family. And James'.

May the truth be spoken.

I get frustrated enough when i lose something around the house, i can't even imagine what they're feeling. It's tragic that the only other person who may have been able to shed light on it isn't able to. It's hard to understand why if he chose to suicide that he wouldn't have written an explanation and let people know where to find Kyle. It's possible he had nothing to do with it but the timing of the suicide and his misleading statements surely make it look that way.

This is just one of those truly heartbreaking cases resulting in the death of 2 young lads at their prime with no understanding of what could have happened. It's a lot for the people left behind to deal with.

Strength to the families, and fingers crossed that the Coleman's will find their boy.

Happy 18th Birthday Kyle. :up:

Thinking of you on your birthday
We talk of you still,
We haven't forgotten you
And we never will.
xx

Special thoughts, love and hugs to your family and friends today :grouphug:

From Please Help Kyle Page

Next week Channel 10, 6:30pm time slot - The Project speaks with Rob.

For anyone who is interested, I saw an advertisement that The Project will be airing a story on Kyle this week. Unsure of the day as they weren't specific but it will be on some time this week. They are speaking with his father.

I just heard an advertisement for The Project. Kyles dad will be on tonight speaking about the disappearance.

How heartbreaking was that :( It's one thing to read all about it but totally different to hear his relatives speaking. I wish they had of interviewed Mr Coleman live though. Hopefully the story tonight will help push whoever knows more about what happened to go to the police or call crime stoppers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdinthehand
Back