Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a beautiful man Rob Coleman is! You really see and feel that when he speaks.

And oh my god, that is just SOOOO sad. You're right WWGY - it's really heartbreaking when you actually hear him and Kyle's grandmother speaking about it.

Once again I"m struck by what an absolutely amazing family this is. They just genuinely love each other so much.

Blessings to them all. :rose:

"I will never stop searching for him".

That was the preview I saw, being spoken by Kyle's dad.

Pure dedication for his beloved son.

10353565_731553133559843_60578061396299492_n.jpg

Still thinking of you Kyle. Your family are still searching for you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-help-find-Kyle-Coleman/623493187699172

Just the fact that the friend lied about his movements tells me a lot... then the suicide... evidence of close-range shot.. it seems pretty obvious to me. Doesn't mean it was intentional. I can understand a young person not wanting to be blamed for a stupid (likely drunken) hunting accident.. he could still be done for manslaughter for that. If they were messing around with unfortunate consequences, or drunk and argued... really, I doubt anyone will ever know. But the fact the friend lied, then came home and killed himself, tells me he very likely *felt* culpable. So I tend to think atm that there was no 3rd person. But I could be wrong. It sometimes happens. ;)

Terrible thing for both families -- especially with Kyle's 18th and he's not there, and his best mate's not either. I plan to try and watch the show a bit later, tyvm for the link!

Just coming into this thread, after seeing his name mentioned in another thread.
Unfortunately i have not seen much in MSM to be up to date with this case, so will have a read through before i comment :)

Just the fact that the friend lied about his movements tells me a lot... then the suicide... evidence of close-range shot.. it seems pretty obvious to me. Doesn't mean it was intentional. I can understand a young person not wanting to be blamed for a stupid (likely drunken) hunting accident.. he could still be done for manslaughter for that. If they were messing around with unfortunate consequences, or drunk and argued... really, I doubt anyone will ever know. But the fact the friend lied, then came home and killed himself, tells me he very likely *felt* culpable. So I tend to think atm that there was no 3rd person. But I could be wrong. It sometimes happens. ;)

Terrible thing for both families -- especially with Kyle's 18th and he's not there, and his best mate's not either. I plan to try and watch the show a bit later, tyvm for the link!
What if the 3rd person wasn't in attendance, but helped dispose of the evidence?

So if the evidence is found 20km away, how fast does one travel to dispose of a body?
Was cadaver dogs used in the search?

Well that is a VERY interesting development, thank you sleepinoz for the update there.

Kyle and his belongings did not return to Mt Isa from the campsite... so what does this imply, with what was said about that previously...

Also I wonder what evidence suggests he remained in Mt Isa against his will (if that is a correct reading of what was said there..)?

It sounds like things are moving along steadily with this investigation, though.

As soon as I saw "mate" in inverted comas ( in the Facebook link ) it was clear to me that they knew James was involved in his disappearance.

Do we know if the ute has been taken for testing?

I think the police & family would know a motive and are keeping tight lipped.

If a third person knows anything I hope they can give this family some resolution, so sad :(

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2895877/plea-for-any-information/?cs=190

Plea for any information
By CHRIS BURNS
Feb. 19, 2015, 9 p.m.

KYLE Coleman’s disappearance struck a chord with locals who love to go bush.

Coleman family spokeswoman Linda Dahler said the community could relate to the disappearance of 17-year-old Kyle because locals had camped in the region themselves.

She said everybody of all ages in Mount Isa has gone camping with friends, and before last year everyone assumed they would return home safely.

“For every parent who gives their son permission to go camping with their friends makes them think ‘is he going to come home?’” Ms Dahler said.

“It doesn’t cross your mind, whether it’s an accident or something else happens, you never think about it, and I think this has made everyone think about it.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2895877/plea-for-any-information/?cs=190

Plea for any information
By CHRIS BURNS
Feb. 19, 2015, 9 p.m.

KYLE Coleman’s disappearance struck a chord with locals who love to go bush.

Coleman family spokeswoman Linda Dahler said the community could relate to the disappearance of 17-year-old Kyle because locals had camped in the region themselves.

She said everybody of all ages in Mount Isa has gone camping with friends, and before last year everyone assumed they would return home safely.

“For every parent who gives their son permission to go camping with their friends makes them think ‘is he going to come home?’” Ms Dahler said.

“It doesn’t cross your mind, whether it’s an accident or something else happens, you never think about it, and I think this has made everyone think about it.

Mum's letter is just heartbreaking. I honestly do not know how people find the strength to continue..

North Qld teen vanished one year ago

February 21, 2015

A YEAR after 17-year-old Kyle Coleman mysteriously vanished after a hunting trip with a friend in outback Queensland his family are no closer to finding out what happened to him.

THE baffling case was made even more tragic by the suicide of the Mount Isa teen's best mate days after they returned from the expedition on February 22 last year.

It's believed the pair went hunting near Undilla Station at Camooweal, west of Mount Isa.

756510-north-qld-teen-vanished-one-year-ago.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...hed-one-year-ago/story-e6frfku9-1227233750285

Detective Acting Inspector Kelly Harvey said the year-long investigation was now in the hands of the coroner.

"The coroner can send it back for other areas of inquiry to be conducted," she said.

"She or he can also send it back for an inquiry or the coroner can make a decision in regards to what has happened to the two people that were involved in this investigation."

Kyle's mother Sonia has called for the coroner to hold an inquest into her son's disappearance.

"For us it would give us some closure," she said.

She said the family was desperate for answers.

"Not knowing is really hard, you are just constantly wondering," she said.

"For us, forgetting the investigation, forgetting the police, forgetting everything- my husband and myself and our girls, we just want to know where he is."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-...ssing-mount-isa-teenager-kyle-coleman/6214606

A coronial inquest into the disappearance of a Mount Isa teenager has been put off until next year due to delays in sharing evidence.
Kyle Coleman was 17 when he disappeared without a trace.
He and a friend left their homes in Mount Isa and set off on a hunting trip at Undilla Station, north-west of Mount Isa, in February 2014.
His friend was found dead in his home a few days later in non-suspicious circumstances but Kyle's body was never found.
A coronial inquest examining his disappearance and the police investigation was due to be held in November in Mount Isa.
More at link -
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-...ppearance-of-mt-isa-teen-kyle-coleman/6872000

Kyle Coleman: Inquest to be held in April into Mount Isa teen's 2014 disappearance

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/mystery-still-surrounds-mount-isa-teen's/7189314

Kyle Coleman was 17 years old when he disappeared without a trace.

He and a 21-year-old friend left their homes in Mount Isa and set off on a hunting trip to a remote spot outside of the city.

His friend was found dead in his home a few days later in non-suspicious circumstances but Kyle's body has never been found.

Inspector Trevor Kidd said a coronial inquest into the disappearance would take place in Cairns in April.

WORKMATES of James Coleman and Kyle Coleman told the Coroner’s Court that James never wavered from his story that Kyle had disappeared in Mount Isa not Undilla Station.
Speaking at the continuation of the inquest into the death of Kyle Coleman on Tuesday afternoon, their supervisor at Popey's Diesel Services, Matthew Watts said he confronted James Coleman on the Monday after Kyle’s disappearance.“We were all concerned about Kyle’s disappearance, so I approached him (James) in the context that something had gone wrong or there’d been an accident and said we’d be there for him the whole way no matter happened,” Mr Watts said.“But James was adamant nothing had happened and they came back (from Undilla Station) on Friday night.”

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/3832364/workmates-say-james-coleman-never-changed-his-story/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#
Back