Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't get me started on MSM.. I reckon I can think of five WS'ers off the top of my head who could do a better job of reporting than some of the Telegraph and Nine reporters. For one, they can spell. :\

I'm going to pay attention to the verbatim words of the neighbour, here... and assume she was found just as was said. Ms Fahd has no reason to lie about it and the scene is probably something she'll never forget as long as she lives.

The bit about rubbing Kylie's hand is horribly sad. Good on her for staying with Kylie like that. A lot of people wouldn't.

So yeah - whether Kylie was placed in the chair or attacked in it, or fell back into it after the perp fled.. I think only blood evidence will be able to make that clear.

I hope to heaven they find the truth in this case. Whoever did this NEEDS to be caught, and to pay for what they did.

Timeline is a bit bewildering here.

After discounting one hooded man there seems to be two men remaining.

"The tradesman told police he saw this man in McCaffrey Rise looking at the Blackwood's home but then left the area. …. The same man then returned and was seen heading towards the home just before noon. About 20 minutes later, the suspect "hurriedly" walked away, possibly holding something close to his body."

"Detectives made a public appeal for an apparent third hooded man, seen carrying a brown paper bag walking south along Eagle Drive and then along The Avenue between 2 and 2.30pm on the fatal day."

http://goo.gl/maps/PJqn3

Was Kylie attacked around noon, or closer to 2pm? If Man 2 and Man 3 are the same person, where were they from 12:20pm till 2ish? Is it a local? Or did he break into another home and steal clothes to change out of his bloody clothes, then carried his bloody clothes (and perhaps a weapon) off with him in a bag?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

Timeline is a bit bewildering here.

After discounting one hooded man there seems to be two men remaining.

"The tradesman told police he saw this man in McCaffrey Rise looking at the Blackwood's home but then left the area. …. The same man then returned and was seen heading towards the home just before noon. About 20 minutes later, the suspect "hurriedly" walked away, possibly holding something close to his body."

"Detectives made a public appeal for an apparent third hooded man, seen carrying a brown paper bag walking south along Eagle Drive and then along The Avenue between 2 and 2.30pm on the fatal day."

http://goo.gl/maps/PJqn3

Was Kylie attacked around noon, or closer to 2pm? If Man 2 and Man 3 are the same person, where were they from 12:20pm till 2ish? Is it a local? Or did he break into another home and steal clothes to change out of his bloody clothes, then carried his bloody clothes (and perhaps a weapon) off with him in a bag?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

I agree that it would be beneficial to find out who this/these mysterious camouflaged "stranger" was that was at Kylie's house that day...

sounds like he/they stood out in the quiet neighborhood...:what:

JMO

Yes, odd isn’t it … to adorn yourself with such a noticeable disguise?

Quite a few years ago, a young man dressed in a dress shirt and pants stopped at each house along the street. Looked respectable, and not over-dressed, he was stealing everyone’s bottled-water money (deliveries were that day for those who used bottled water).

Other burglars hop back fences, enter through concealed areas, rear windows/doors. Also not sure how many burglars would enter a home where someone is obviously home .. garage door up, car parked in garage.

To me, it seems unusual to put on a loud stripey shirt, cap, and sunnies, enter through an open garage, and slip away obviously holding something to his chest. No black backpack to put his stolen items in? Isn’t that standard burglary equipment?

And I was thinking, too, maybe he had another set of clothes on under the noticeable stripey shirt, so he could slip off the shirt and cap, and look fairly normal once he was out of the immediate area.

Was this a planned killiing? Perhaps a murder-for-hire even? Husband has evidently been cleared, so he must have an alibi for the day. Just seems quite staged to me.

“The police have cleared Mr Blackwood …..”

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/twin-girls-find-murdered-mother-20130802-2r2vv.html

I wonder if they've cleared the witness who reported seeing Mr. Stripey as well?

Mind you, crooks are pretty blatant these days, especially where drugs are concerned. I had a couple of dunderheads rock up and ask to borrow a can for petrol a few months back. No car in sight.. And when I said NO, one guy got all upset and said anything would do, even a plastic bottle. I gave him the death-stare, lol. His scruffy mate pointed out petrol doesn't do well in plastic, and they left. I went out to see where they went next - they walked down the street, then around the corner, still no car in sight. I called the cops...

And the next day there was cop cars in the street next to mine, someone had been burgled...

I'm not scared by much, least of all these two bozos. But when I'd answered the door, the screen wasn't locked. That worried me. Because .. you know. What if..

I just don't like the way she was left, seated like that, with facial injuries. The little bit I can see of this says she was killed by someone who went there for the express purpose of killing her. No robbery, no rape (that we know about). Just Kylie, left for dead, in her seat (I do think anyone paid to do the job would likely do it quick and neat, and make sure she was dead, somehow, unless they were just some bloke from down the pub and weren't paid very much...).

Unless there's evidence to come that will seriously contradict any of that (and face it, there probably WILL be.. I am soured by the MH case, lol) I have to conclude either Kylie was the sole target, or somebody wanted to show her hubby a lesson. It does seem very personal.

But then, there's no accounting for the actions of meth heads, is there? Or their plastic petrol cans..

It also occurs to me that the injuries could have come from 'punishing' anger, if the guy went there to rape and got more resistance than he bargained for - it looks like Kylie fought back or at least tried to defend herself.. So maybe she got him a good one in the goolies or something, and that set him off...

ETA: Ok, am I finally off the deep end, or was there not a report in which it was said a neighbour woman heard screams about 10am?

I SWEAR I read that, and have meant to post something about 'why didn't she call the cops' but got busy here in chaos-land and forgot. I went back to find the article, and now I cannot. :\

Anyway, if that is not just me being mental, it is a very interesting bit of information, potentially.

A PAKENHAM man may provide some clues in the hunt for Kylie Blackwood’s killer.
The resident who lives on Balmoral Way and did not want to named, has provided police with CCTV footage filmed from the front of his house.
He does not know whether there will be anything investigators can use to catch the killer.
“I put them up (CCTV cameras) just to keep an eye out,” he said.

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2013-08-07/murder-most-foul/

.. fingers crossed!

It also occurs to me that the injuries could have come from 'punishing' anger, if the guy went there to rape and got more resistance than he bargained for - it looks like Kylie fought back or at least tried to defend herself.. So maybe she got him a good one in the goolies or something, and that set him off...

ETA: Ok, am I finally off the deep end, or was there not a report in which it was said a neighbour woman heard screams about 10am?

I SWEAR I read that, and have meant to post something about 'why didn't she call the cops' but got busy here in chaos-land and forgot. I went back to find the article, and now I cannot. :\

Anyway, if that is not just me being mental, it is a very interesting bit of information, potentially.

BBM

Here you go Ausgirl.

"Another neighbour told police she heard screams shortly after 10am."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-kylie-blackwood/story-fni0fee2-1226690738195

A PAKENHAM man may provide some clues in the hunt for Kylie Blackwood’s killer.
The resident who lives on Balmoral Way and did not want to named, has provided police with CCTV footage filmed from the front of his house.
He does not know whether there will be anything investigators can use to catch the killer.
“I put them up (CCTV cameras) just to keep an eye out,” he said.

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2013-08-07/murder-most-foul/

.. fingers crossed!

Thanks Ausgirl - had never seen that article before - good to have something new to read about the case.

The whole thing is very suspicious to me - the whole premise of it being a burglary gone wrong just seems fabricated/too simplistic. And you guys are right - it does seem kind of staged and out in the open for a burglary - the whole loud stripy shirt and leaving really obviously from the street. And yes, no backpack.....and surely burglars act way more casual than that!

I remember watching a neighbour's house getting broken into when I lived in Sydney (after ringing the police and waiting for them to arrive.....) and these three guys just so casually sauntered in and out of the house to their car carrying TV's, dvd's, stereos etc as if they were simply moving house. It blew me away how relaxed they were. But it was really clever because if you hadn't heard them breaking down the front door like I did, you'd just think they were moving their stuff.

Plus the murder itself seems way too personal for it to be simply a burglary gone wrong............the face being stabbed says something to me.........

Of course, it could have been sexually motivated by a rapist who was scoping out the street for a while and knew people's movements and we just don't have the info that she was sexually assaulted. That makes a bit more sense - but I still feel like it was personal, not a stranger.

I still suspect (or hope!!) that the police know way more than they're saying and are just gathering evidence before making their move.:jail:

MSM inconsistencies .... no! :eek:

:australia:

I like your flag SouthAussie! :)

2mwzcso.gif

Thanks, enzeder, for providing me with that proof of my sanity. :propeller:

So that is interesting. IF (and it is a huge IF at this stage) the perp was already in the house at 10 am, it sort of negates Kylie being seen coming home at 12.30-ish, doesn't it?

..and by default, all the other things seen at that time.

So there's a :worms: . Maybe.

I wonder if there's anyone else who saw Kylie around 12-ish too? Cause that'd put the worms right back in the can. As I apparently suck at reading newspapers this week, it's not surprising I haven't found anyone who has.

Twins of slain woman Kylie Blackwood farewell their mother in tearful tribute as police continue to investigate

AUGUST 13, 2013

"Det-Insp Potter last week refused to rule out that the sickening attack was the result of a burglary gone wrong, but could not say if anything had been stolen.

Sources said Mrs Blackwood's devastated husband, real estate agent Peter Blackwood, has told police he believed nothing had been taken."

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...wood8217s-murder/story-fni0fee2-1226695158508

Thank you so much Enzeder for attaching these clips!! Super helpful.

I found the footage of the funeral very interesting. Not necessarily how I would expect some people to act at the funeral of a loved one.......but anyway.......:twocents:

yw Isisrising! ..... I was kinda thinking along those lines as well :(

I like your flag SouthAussie! :)

2mwzcso.gif

I like it too ... using it all over the place here!

Thanks to Ausgirl for asking for the Aussie smilies, and to marly for producing them!

:loveyou:

Originally Posted by enzeder

"Another neighbour told police she heard screams shortly after 10am."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226690738195

RSBM

So now we have three times to consider ...

10am scream (although one article says that Kylie arrived home from shopping around 12pm, was she screaming on the phone at someone, who later came by and killed her?)

12pm disguised visitor/intruder

2pm-2:30pm sighting of man with similar description to visitor/intruder close by on Eagle Drive and The Avenue

I like it too ... using it all over the place here!

Thanks to Ausgirl for asking for the Aussie smilies, and to marly for producing them!

:loveyou:

The flag my little guy is flying is a Kiwi flag. :)

2mwzcso.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back