Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi guys. I've been googling 'Kylie Whitta Blackwood' and found her name on a website called Meetville -www.meetville.com

Am just trying to work out if they just put random names from Facebook on their front page or whether she was an actual member......but you have to join up to do a proper search of their members (and I don't want to join!!).

Just wondering if anyone should happen to know whether her name coming up on their site means that she joined this singles site or not? It's a long shot that anyone would happen to know the answer, but I thought I'd ask......you never know.....weirder things have happened.......:o

Good find Isisrising! - I somehow don't think they'd just put random names from Facebook on their front page?. imo Surely not? :confused:

On the page showing her name it does say " Find all your friends and acquaintances, registered on Meetville"

Could be why there is also a FB page out there - that does not belong to Kylie - that is filled with many attractive younger female friends and associates, and no pics of child relatives.

Could be why there is also a FB page out there - that does not belong to Kylie - that is filled with many attractive younger female friends and associates, and no pics of child relatives.

Well put, South Aussie!!! Absolutely!! Not the most subtle of FB pages.....:facepalm

Good find Isisrising! - I somehow don't think they'd just put random names from Facebook on their front page?. imo Surely not? :confused:

On the page showing her name it does say " Find all your friends and acquaintances, registered on Meetville"

Good spotting Enzeder.:seeya:

I'm dying to know what it says in there, if Kylie is indeed a member.........

Yes... Good point...

Is there a connection...?

:dunno:

Nothing discussable, and nothing I can put my finger on yet - but sometimes I just get eerie feelings of deja vu - mostly when I think of Jen and Allison ....

Wonder if they've had any luck tracking down that disguised visitor/intruder yet, and checking out that tradie witness more closely?

Nothing discussable, and nothing I can put my finger on yet - but sometimes I just get eerie feelings of deja vu - mostly when I think of Jen and Allison ....

Wonder if they've had any luck tracking down that disguised visitor/intruder yet, and checking out that tradie witness more closely?

I am really interested in the "witnessing" of multiple mysterious men in the neighborhood that day...

:waitasec:

You know what I think it is? The site pulls the name you are putting in to Google and presents it as if that person is a member. I just tried Googling my real name together with Meetville and that's what happens. I also tried my screen name, same thing.

You know what I think it is? The site pulls the name you are putting in to Google and presents it as if that person is a member. I just tried Googling my real name together with Meetville and that's what happens. I also tried my screen name, same thing.

Thank You Brightbird!!!!:loveyou:.....mystery solved!!

Just one more big one left........

Folks you're going to have to move on from that dating site. There is zero in media about any of that so please stay off that topic & discuss only what has been mentioned in MSM

Sorry marly ... this case is so frustrating. Just no MSM or police updates about it at all anymore. And it all seems so very strange, with a brazen, disguised intruder in the middle of the day, nothing found to be missing, possible screams at 10am, then Kylie going out shopping and returning home at noon, and a heartless person leaving her for her young girls to find ....

Guess we just have to hope that they are onto something, and suddenly there will be an arrest.

Google says that this article from 17th August was updated today ...

'Aug 17, 2013 - Last Updated: October 23, 2013 ... Kylie Blackwood and (inset) the family home where she was murdered. ... Primary school in Pakenham.'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...er-pakenham-home/story-fni0fee2-1226699087869

Not sure what is different about it, but reading it does make me wonder if Kylie was sticking to the family budget alright - with her love of shopping - and if her parttime job provided her enough money to keep that desire satisfied.

Houses in Pakenham seem to be selling for $300,000-$550,000 ... many of them at the lower end though. With the property market slow, I wonder how Harcourts Pakenham is doing? Their website doesn't seem to be particularly well maintained. Last newsletter posted in December 2011 .. they have quite a few houses for sale in their listings.

Google says that this article from 17th August was updated today ...

'Aug 17, 2013 - Last Updated: October 23, 2013 ... Kylie Blackwood and (inset) the family home where she was murdered. ... Primary school in Pakenham.'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...er-pakenham-home/story-fni0fee2-1226699087869

Not sure what is different about it, but reading it does make me wonder if Kylie was sticking to the family budget alright - with her love of shopping - and if her parttime job provided her enough money to keep that desire satisfied.

Houses in Pakenham seem to be selling for $300,000-$550,000 ... many of them at the lower end though. With the property market slow, I wonder how Harcourts Pakenham is doing? Their website doesn't seem to be particularly well maintained. Last newsletter posted in December 2011 .. they have quite a few houses for sale in their listings.

Good point re real estate biz.....I was checking out Harcourts website yesterday too and noticed, like you, that no news since 2011. And I too noticed the very low prices for the properties.

It made me wonder about Pakenham's demographic - it's been painted as all suburban middle class in the media but maybe it's got a higher crime rate than I pictured??? Does anyone here know Pakenham?

Did a little looking around ... there has been a push by police to invigorate a Neighbourhood Watch program due to spates of burglaries - article says mostly from cars. Drug busts in the area too. A seige this year with an apparently mentally-impaired man with a gun holing up in a house and acting in a threatening manner. A vicious attack at the local railway station, following an incident I believe.

Some local input would be great though! (Guess we have to get some tags going in the tag box below.)

http://pakenhamnews.starcommunity.com.au/news/2013-05-30/police-seek-eyes-n-ears-on-crime/

http://berwick-leader.whereilive.co...released-after-pakenham-train-station-attack/

http://www.peninsulaweekly.com.au/s...as-man-surrenders-to-police/?nav=Y2F0X2lkLzE1

https://www.facebook.com/PakenhamBerwickGazette

I've added a few tags..

And yep, lots of druggies out at Pakenham. It's the cheap rent probably, a pile of ne'er-do-wells all headed to the outer 'burbs when the rents went sky-high in the inner suburbs (as happened to a lot of the outer 'burbs here). From what I hear, it's been a bit of a strain on the established parts of the community and the crime rate's been hiking higher ever since, and there's perhaps even some gang activity out there now. So that's pretty much all I know about Pakenham these days. :B Just what I've been told, so hopefully we do get a few locals in to talk about it.

I'm interested in figuring out how many sources there were for all the 'men in hoodies' sightings that day... (mind you, I think hoodies are almost a uniform for unemployed youth in this country these days, but what were so many doing in that area of town at that time of day, if indeed they all -were- seen).

Also whether Kylie's hubby handled rentals.

I've added a few tags..

And yep, lots of druggies out at Pakenham. It's the cheap rent probably, a pile of ne'er-do-wells all headed to the outer 'burbs when the rents went sky-high in the inner suburbs (as happened to a lot of the outer 'burbs here). From what I hear, it's been a bit of a strain on the established parts of the community and the crime rate's been hiking higher ever since, and there's perhaps even some gang activity out there now. So that's pretty much all I know about Pakenham these days. :B Just what I've been told, so hopefully we do get a few locals in to talk about it.

I'm interested in figuring out how many sources there were for all the 'men in hoodies' sightings that day... (mind you, I think hoodies are almost a uniform for unemployed youth in this country these days, but what were so many doing in that area of town at that time of day, if indeed they all -were- seen).

Also whether Kylie's hubby handled rentals.

Hey Ausgirl,

Just wondering why the query whether the hubby handled rentals? Are you wondering about disgruntled ex-tenants? Or something else......?

I am still wondering about the possible person(s) infatuated with Kylie that LE are looking into...

I am still wondering about the possible person(s) infatuated with Kylie that LE are looking into...

Good point, Clue.

That is such an oddly specific piece of info that LE have put out there.....it must be based on some information they have.......maybe she was being stalked in the lead up to her death?

They didn't announce that for nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back