Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi there :seeya: Just so you don't think I'm completely off my rocker (which is still debatable nonetheless :)), I did see the original articles stating Kylie was 'stabbed to death' - though none attributed that directly to police statements, if I recall correctly.

And this statement (from 12th October article) continuously sticks in my mind .....

"POLICE have never revealed publicly how Kylie Blackwood died."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

So, I guess I'm wondering if Kylie was actually stabbed to death. Or did she die some other way (strangulation perhaps?) and the blood came from horrible slashing and other wounds carried out in a vindictive manner .. wounds that didn't actually kill her?

I have also noticed that the language in MSM has been toned down now to just say 'murdered' as opposed to 'stabbed to death'. So maybe the MSM assumptions have changed, or been corrected by police?

(Just analysing every word .. as usual :) )

That's really interesting. I didn't pick up the subtleties there......you're right - strangulation could have been the cause of death, not stabbing. I just read stabbing and assumed it was how she died.....but absolutely there could be more to it. You are super sleuthing!!!:cheers:

Am interested in hearing how the 20-year old died (if they release that info).

I wonder if the unnamed murdered 20-year old knew some intimate details about Kylie's murder? Like .. who the murderer is, maybe? Or saw someone come home with blood on their clothes on that day? Or knows someone who suddenly had a whole bunch of money after Kylie was killed?

I wonder if the unnamed murdered 20-year old knew some intimate details about Kylie's murder? Like .. who the murderer is, maybe? Or saw someone come home with blood on their clothes on that day? Or knows someone who suddenly had a whole bunch of money after Kylie was killed?

It does seem weirdly coincidental..........:twocents:

That's really interesting. I didn't pick up the subtleties there......you're right - strangulation could have been the cause of death, not stabbing. I just read stabbing and assumed it was how she died.....but absolutely there could be more to it. You are super sleuthing!!!:cheers:

Am interested in hearing how the 20-year old died (if they release that info).

And if this murder does turn out to be something more up-close-and-personal, such as by strangulation or smothering, then it could mean a much more intimate death. By someone Kylie knew well, or during a sexual assault.

Which may be one of the reasons why police have indicated that her murder may have been committed by an ‘admirer’.

The other wounds may have been the result of a defensive weapon Kylie grabbed that was turned on her prior to her murder? Or a vindictive assault to spoil her beautiful looks after the fact?

And if this murder does turn out to be something more up-close-and-personal, such as by strangulation or smothering, then it could mean a much more intimate death. By someone Kylie knew well, or during a sexual assault.

Which may be one of the reasons why police have indicated that her murder may have been committed by an ‘admirer’.

The other wounds may have been the result of a defensive weapon Kylie grabbed that was turned on her prior to her murder? Or a vindictive assault to spoil her beautiful looks after the fact?

Oh SouthAussie!

You are on a Sleuther roll! :)

"Admirer" mentioned by LE could be due to evidence of sexual activity and/or assault...

cuts to face may be signs of someone wanting to mar her beauty...

Very interesting theories!

:thumb:

Oh SouthAussie!

You are on a Sleuther roll! :)

"Admirer" mentioned by LE could be due to evidence of sexual activity and/or assault...

cuts to face may be signs of someone wanting to mar her beauty...

Very interesting theories!

:thumb:

Here, here Clue!! SouthAussie - you are on a fabulous roll.:loveyou:

SUCH good points you have made re personalised attack........may we get more crime scene info soon.........:tantrum:

I do find it a bit weird that the 20 yo's identity hasn't been released --- when all the other victims of violent crime in the news lately have been ID'd quite quickly. That is so strange.

The hell is going on out in Pakenham?? I feel really bad for the local women right now.

Reading between the lines of MSM - the cops wouldn't say if a knife was involved in Kylie's death, but if she had stab wounds it's a fair call I think (and I do think this was an info leak, and they've backtracked it now). Blunt force however can cause cut-like splits in the skin (lacerations) that might be mistaken for knife wounds if they are bad enough.

It does seem weirdly coincidental..........:twocents:

It is astounding to me that two home invasion murders have happened in such a short time frame. Pakenham has its issues with drugs and scumbags in general, but it's not the kind of place I'd expect murders like this to happen one after another, either..

You know what comes to mind, as I sit here pondering this? Paul Denyer (I refuse to call him 'Paula', ffs, the scum hated women, killed women, no way am I welcoming him to my gender!). For those not familiar, here's his wiki:

Paul Denyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frankston is a real dive of a place where violence and murder isn't totally unexpected at any given moment -- but all the same, those girls he killed.. people were terrified, it wasn't a normal pattern of crime for that area at all.

I do find it a bit weird that the 20 yo's identity hasn't been released --- when all the other victims of violent crime in the news lately have been ID'd quite quickly. That is so strange.

The hell is going on out in Pakenham?? I feel really bad for the local women right now.

Reading between the lines of MSM - the cops wouldn't say if a knife was involved in Kylie's death, but if she had stab wounds it's a fair call I think (and I do think this was an info leak, and they've backtracked it now). Blunt force however can cause cut-like splits in the skin (lacerations) that might be mistaken for knife wounds if they are bad enough.

Or... combination of weapons?

Knife and blunt force instrument, etc.?

:dunno:

It is astounding to me that two home invasion murders have happened in such a short time frame. Pakenham has its issues with drugs and scumbags in general, but it's not the kind of place I'd expect murders like this to happen one after another, either..

You know what comes to mind, as I sit here pondering this? Paul Denyer (I refuse to call him 'Paula', ffs, the scum hated women, killed women, no way am I welcoming him to my gender!). For those not familiar, here's his wiki:

Paul Denyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frankston is a real dive of a place where violence and murder isn't totally unexpected at any given moment -- but all the same, those girls he killed.. people were terrified, it wasn't a normal pattern of crime for that area at all.

Hmmm... hates ALL women (per his interview with LE in Wiki)...

Yet... wants taxpayers to pay for his reassignment surgery to be a female...

Fat chance...

While WS was down today I was surfing Google for MSM articles...

STILL couldn't find anything new about the Unidentified 20 year old murdered in her home close to Kylie's home...

I recognize it probably has nothing to do with Kylie's case...

But I cannot shake the feeling that it just might... Since it occurred so close in time and location as Kylie...

JMO

While WS was down today I was surfing Google for MSM articles...

STILL couldn't find anything new about the Unidentified 20 year old murdered in her home close to Kylie's home...

I recognize it probably has nothing to do with Kylie's case...

But I cannot shake the feeling that it just might... Since it occurred so close in time and location as Kylie...

JMO

Very odd ... surely there would have been ample time to notify relatives by now.

Wonder if there will be a local obit/funeral notice for the 20-year old soon?

I'm assuming that police don't need public help with the 20 year old's death. That they know who's involved. Perhaps the media would be a hindrance to them. Or I'm wondering if there is some privacy consideration in not releasing details.

I wonder if the 20-year old is of Aboriginal descent.

"The tradition not to depict dead people or voice their (first) names is very old. Traditional law across Australia said that a dead person’s name could not be said because you would recall and disturb their spirit. After the invasion this law was adapted to images as well."

http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/mourning-an-aboriginal-death#ixzz2iv4oWJNq

Interesting....

Reminds me of some Native American cultural practices, too!

JMO

I wonder if the 20-year old is of Aboriginal descent.

"The tradition not to depict dead people or voice their (first) names is very old. Traditional law across Australia said that a dead person’s name could not be said because you would recall and disturb their spirit. After the invasion this law was adapted to images as well."

http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/people/mourning-an-aboriginal-death#ixzz2iv4oWJNq

Just jumping off your post...

Could a 20 year old afford the house she was found in?

I wonder if she was owner or daughter or ???

Just jumping off your post...

Could a 20 year old afford the house she was found in?

I wonder if she was owner or daughter or ???

Looking at real estate for sale on Ahern Road, it is not a very expensive area, by Aussie standards.

There are quite a lot of units/apartments for sale on that road at around $250,000 - which is about as cheap as it gets here. And even the houses are around $300,000-350,000, which is not a lot for a house here.

And if the deceased person was a renter, it would be even more affordable.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-pakenham-111695187
http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...roperty-Details-sold-residential-5364977.html
http://www.nextplace.com.au/real-estate/pakenham-11-120-ahern-road:1008VPK8644

Looking at real estate for sale on Ahern Road, it is not a very expensive area, by Aussie standards.

There are quite a lot of units/apartments for sale on that road at around $250,000 - which is about as cheap as it gets here. And even the houses are around $300,000-350,000, which is not a lot for a house here.

And if the deceased person was a renter, it would be even more affordable.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-pakenham-111695187
http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...roperty-Details-sold-residential-5364977.html
http://www.nextplace.com.au/real-estate/pakenham-11-120-ahern-road:1008VPK8644
Thanks for finding that information... :seeya:

Just following up on the 20-year old Pakenham woman who was murdered ... still no name released, still unsure why no name has been released, but I looked a little more into the possibility that it could have been because the person who was murdered had cultural beliefs that deterred the police from naming her and found this.

"Aboriginal deaths and tribal beliefs
In the case of Aboriginal Australians in regional and remote areas, be aware that releasing the names of deceased people can run counter to cultural beliefs. Police Media will endeavour to notify the media if it is aware such circumstances apply."

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/WAPolic...ndacronyms/tabid/1496/Default.aspx#Aboriginal

Obviously I don't know if it applies in this case .. it is just a thought.

Just following up on the 20-year old Pakenham woman who was murdered ... still no name released, still unsure why no name has been released, but I looked a little more into the possibility that it could have been because the person who was murdered had cultural beliefs that deterred the police from naming her and found this.

"Aboriginal deaths and tribal beliefs
In the case of Aboriginal Australians in regional and remote areas, be aware that releasing the names of deceased people can run counter to cultural beliefs. Police Media will endeavour to notify the media if it is aware such circumstances apply."

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/WAPolic...ndacronyms/tabid/1496/Default.aspx#Aboriginal

Obviously I don't know if it applies in this case .. it is just a thought.
It is still a possibility, though...

But... Would LE state that is the reason the public is not being informed?

The last sentence above in your post sounds like LE would (try to) notify the public if this was the case here...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back