Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks EdinburghLass. so it seems that there are plenty of shops etc. that may have CCTV cameras. Let's hope that is the case and Police have more information than they've released to the public.

Leisl has a FB page. Her last entry was on 17 August this year. She doesn't seem to be a shy girl.

https://www.facebook.com/steven.hunter.794#!/leisl.smith.9

Can someone check and see if they are able to access this? Shows page not found for me.

Just started reading the thread. Horse lover, such as myself.

Noticed there are two fb pages for her missing as well. Not sure who is admin of both, but Mom is one admin.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingLeislSmith

https://www.facebook.com/FindLeislSmith

nevermind the above post... seeing the answers as I keep reading......... Prayers for her family and Leisl.

Leisl's father has also recently posted on the facebook page. I hope the police are listening to the family. <modsnip>
We are all thinking of you eccsci

Just a reminder about facebook/social media. You can post the link & paraphrase but discussing the comments is not allowed.

Can someone check and see if they are able to access this? Shows page not found for me.

Just started reading the thread. Horse lover, such as myself.

Noticed there are two fb pages for her missing as well. Not sure who is admin of both, but Mom is one admin.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingLeislSmith

https://www.facebook.com/FindLeislSmith

Hi there,
I am the admin of the Missing Leisl Smith page. For various reasons, which I won't go into here, my siblings and I and Storm don't have anything to do with Sandi.

As previously mentioned, I would ask that information shared here is not shared elsewhere.

Thanks for your thoughts guys,

Cheers
J

Thinking of you Eccsci, still have Leisl in my heart. Hope you hear something soon.

Where are you Leisl??? Stay strong Eccsci, I hope you don't have to do another Christmas without answers. xxxx

Dear Leisl's family

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Know that you are not alone and that many people think of you often, as time passes. I am always hopeful that in time the news may be what we are all hoping for. Take care of yourselves and be kind and patient to each other. I gave my daughter a really tight hug today, told my sister I loved her and wished that in time you all may do the same.
X

As Christmas approaches I'm hoping more than ever that you get some good news soon! I really hope that Leisl is with you all for Christmas this year!

I've just read the entire thread, and am outraged that I've never previously heard of Leisl until now! I live in Sydney, approximately 90 mins south of Tuggerah. I'm gobsmacked!

After reading this thread and the linked MSM articles, is it possible Leisl went into hiding or some sort of protection? I ask this because I'm of the opinion that JC was shot because of the things he knew. If JC and Leisl were once in a relationship, which has been confirmed, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for us to infer that JC shared this information with Leisl. Perhaps this can explain the text message Leisl sent to her father in the days after her disappearance. The "im sorry" text message could have been her way of saying that she was ok, but would be going incognito. Could she be in witness protection? This is just my opinion after reviewing the available information. Could she have been given a new identity? I'm just throwing all the possibilities out there.

To eccsci, my heart goes out to you and yours. I sincerely hope that you are being fully informed of all matters concerning Leisls disappearance. I think there may be more going on here that is not being conveyed to you, for one reason or another. This is just my gut instinct.

I've just read the entire thread, and am outraged that I've never previously heard of Leisl until now! I live in Sydney, approximately 90 mins south of Tuggerah. I'm gobsmacked!

After reading this thread and the linked MSM articles, is it possible Leisl went into hiding or some sort of protection? I ask this because I'm of the opinion that JC was shot because of the things he knew. If JC and Leisl were once in a relationship, which has been confirmed, then it wouldn't be unreasonable for us to infer that JC shared this information with Leisl. Perhaps this can explain the text message Leisl sent to her father in the days after her disappearance. The "im sorry" text message could have been her way of saying that she was ok, but would be going incognito. Could she be in witness protection? This is just my opinion after reviewing the available information. Could she have been given a new identity? I'm just throwing all the possibilities out there.

To eccsci, my heart goes out to you and yours. I sincerely hope that you are being fully informed of all matters concerning Leisls disappearance. I think there may be more going on here that is not being conveyed to you, for one reason or another. This is just my gut instinct.

Hi there!

This is such a frustrating situation- it stresses me, I can only imagine what it is doing to Leisls family.

I don't think she has gone into some sort of legitimate protection. The police have spent lots of money searching numerous sites- the police would know not to search. I would like to think that she has just gone underground, but from everything we have learned about Leisl so far I just cant see her putting her family through such an ordeal. To disappear for a week or so, maybe, but surely not for all this time. Her dad has had some controversial things to say on facebook- a few times I have worried for him, worried that he is winding up the wrong people- but he seems to not care less about anything other than his daughters safety. Surely if she was able she would have got some message through to her dad and her sister. Still, I really hope she is out there, just waiting for a safe time to come out and say "I'm safe now, so I'm back"

I agree with what you said about how much information is getting to the family. There are big gaps in what we are hearing- which is understandable- but I really hope that the information getting to the family is more detailed. Reading between the lines from things said here by Eccsci and on social media by other family members, they seem frustrated by the lack of consistent information.

Eccsci- I hope you get answers soon. It's well and truly time for Leisl to come home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back