Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is that in the local newspaper or was it heard on radio?

So how do you read that?

Is that behaviour showing his possible guilt and someone is threatening his life as they know what happened and want JC to tell the truth?

Or could the gunman be the guilty one and the shot is to warn JC not to tell the truth about him?

It was on the radio, but this link says they are after 2 people in connection with the shooting, so how do they know that.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-21/two-sought-after-man-shot-in-stomach/4902196

IMO he know's something, and the not talking doesn't make sense.

I think he might be afraid of what could happen. Not sure, but he definately know's something IMO.

I can't see any other reason for not telling the Police who shot you.

Something is definately not right with all of this.

I was just reading through eccsci's posts. Back on 19th March she said that they had found out why Leisl went missing and it was fairly serious.

Maybe JC, and possibly others, are involved in some illegal shenanigans that Leisl threatened to speak of (remember the '@%@# you I'm not going to keep your secret anymore' text to her dad).

He certainly has access to enough properties to be perhaps quietly supplementing his income somehow.

Folks it's straying a little off track. We can only discuss names which have been mentioned in media.

And if anyone "knows" any of the players in this case you may like to become a verified insider.

Unless you are a verified member then you can not discuss anything that is not known through the media. No insider information is allowed without being verified

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No further developments? A little flurry of activity, someone gets shot, then .... nothing?

Where the heck is that Sodium Pentothal when you need it?

IMO this is one of the most mysterious of all mysteries!

NO body found after more than a year...two people - one of whom is responsible for shooting a man who is a POI in the stomach a year later but he has refused to describe the perpetrators ...the white ute seen on CCTV the Reg No of which was not reported to MSM in the first instance...no searches done on properties until 8 months later.....divers searching and bulldozers digging on several properties....a criminal gang is not reponsible.

Is that it?

I keep coming back here in case there is more news especially about the two men one of whom shot JC in the stomach.

It sounds as if whoever called 000, did not know or did not say he had a gunshot wound and found him with one only when they arrived. Perhaps the original 000 call was for the police as JC could have been threatened and by the time they arrived, he had been shot. Perhaps loud arguing had been heard so a neighbour or someone else called 000 simply reporting an argument or threatening behaviour.

I agree.

Just on the subject of a deliberate bullet wound to try to divert suspicion:-

If this POI has a bit of a beer gut and got one of his mates to fire a shot at a roll of fat from a sideways trajectory (ie. not towards the stomach, but across it), I think he could pretty safely miss any vital organs to achieve the desired effect. Not sure whether there would be a danger of hitting any major blood vessels though. I imagine if the fat layer was fairly thick the major arteries could be avoided, but I'm no medico.

Won't be testing this theory out at all, was just a passing thought. I suppose if somebody was desperate enough they could have a 'lightbulb moment' and try something stupidly clever like that, if they thought it might take the heat off.

Could the POI be protecting one of his own family members’ backs?

Yep it's fine to post the link SouthAussie...but no discussions about the comments.

Hi everybody, I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but I was reading this article and based on the timing and some of the location details it made me wonder.

Anyone local know if the POI ever owned a maroon Jaguar?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/jaguar-may-hold-key-to-belindas-disappearance-20130315-2g50x.html

What I find even more geographically relevant, HAL9000, is that Belinda disappeared from Katoomba in a possibly drug-related and money manner, and Gary Tweddle disappeared (then found deceased) right next door in Leura with a possibility of drugs (and cash?) being related to his case.

It's all a stretch, I guess, but anything is possible.

ETA: Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to mention this on Gary's thread

Clearly there is a lot that has not been released. We recently found out that Leisl was seen on CCTV parking her car, walking away, getting into a ute, which then did a uturn. Police can id the ute (and assumedly the driver). He will have told the police something- be it true or not- as to where he dropped her/left her. We just haven't had that info shared with us. We dont really know where she was last known to be, or who she was supposedly with. If she was with the POI, was anyone else with them? We just dont know.

Locals- I live about 4 hours north of the central coast. Where I am, reception on mobile phones is patchy. I am not with Telstra, so reception on my phone is even worse. When I send text messages, they dont always send when I hit send, especially if I am travelling. The messages go through when my phone is in a good service area again. What is phone reception around Leisl's area like? I know there are big patches of terrible reception heading toward Merriwa, and that was one area searched. The timeframe give by Leisl's sms's might be off if the phone reception is patchy.

Eccsci, if you pop in, still thinking of you and your family, and looking for Leisl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back