Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The latest report states he was questioned by police. It doesn't mention anyone as having been named as a POI or suspect.

Until police state they have a suspect or POI the rules stay the same.

Does this say he is a POI:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rance-a-year-ago/story-fngr8h0p-1226702042549

A SHOOTING at Wallarah has been linked to the disappearance and suspected murder of local woman Leisl Smith 12 months ago.

A man, 43, was shot in the stomach on Tuesday night at his rural property which had previously been searched as part of the investigation into Ms Smith's disappearance.

A Wallarah man the same age had been previously identified as a ``person of interest'' by detectives investigating the case.

We'll wait for Admin to weigh in on this sleepinoz.

Will get back to you all when I hear from them.

Wallarah.JPG

I couldn't find a link for a story in our local paper so I have attached a photo.

Police are investigating the shooting of a man at Wallarah on Tuesday night.

A 43 year old man was found with a minor gunshot wound to his abdomen.

Police divers were attending the scene yesterday and the property was under police guard.

Seems unusual to me to send divers in for a shooting - with minor injury.

They’ve had divers at a few places that they have searched, haven’t they?

I wonder if they have some kind of tip that Leisl or something belonging to Leisl or a weapon has been thrown into water.

Letting you know Admin has given the ok to discuss & sleuth, as a person of interest, the guy named in media.

You can also speculate as long as it is tied to some fact that has been released in MSM

And a reminder, discussions about facebook comments are not allowed.

Just in my opinion ... the family of the "POI" are very emotionally upset on the anniversary of Leisl's 'disappearance' ..... and have had an 'act of anger' toward the "POI" ...................... Take note that the "POI" DID NOT divulge his shooters identification - But he KNEW the person!

Maybe meaning he is protecting Leisl AND a (maybe) (Leisl Family Member) that shot him .................. ?????? (By not divulging the shooters identity).

I think the POI is suspected of shooting himself and throwing the gun in a nearby body of water. MOO That's why the divers are there. POI wanted to divert attention from himself.

I think the POI is suspected of shooting himself and throwing the gun in a nearby body of water. MOO That's why the divers are there. POI wanted to divert attention from himself.

Well that was a spectacular way of NOT achieving a diversion away from himself.
But, I agree, he may have shot himself.
imho.

I agree with that theory that he shot himself. But was he attempting to kill himself and didn't? or just diverting attention?

Does POI live with other people? Who called the police?

Wasn’t the gunshot wound to the stomach? I would think that a serious suicide attempt would mean shooting yourself through the head.

Could it be a pity party/sympathy act? <modsnip>

Wasn&#8217;t the gunshot wound to the stomach? I would think that a serious suicide attempt would mean shooting yourself through the head.

Could it be a pity party/sympathy act? Judging by the comments on the cyberhorse link, first he disappears from his business dealings, now he possibly has shot himself &#8230; sympathy might be the go for him.

Yes I agree, sympathy makes more sense. <modsnip>

Suicide by gunshot to the stomach seems highly unlikely. So does shooting oneself for attention or distraction without intending to die - too great a risk of significant injury and very very painful. I also doubt someone could dispose of a gun after shooting himself in the stomach, unless right beside the dam, even if the injury was minor. Also, it would be good to know what sort of gun was used - if it was long-barrelled, that would make it more likely to be someone else that pulled the trigger.

The only two options I see as plausible are self-inflicted wound by accident, or someone else shot him. The timing though is very uncanny.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back