GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for goodness sake. That's all this case needs, is media interference. Can't they wait until after the trial?

RL is probably excited because now she has an in to launch her "modelling" career!

Strange look on her face today ... maybe after SG's admonishment yesterday she has to act more subdued and less showy now?

I wonder if she takes the stand today?. I have absolutely no idea why she would. She wasn't there when Lisa went over that balcony. Character witness perhaps?. :rolleyes:

I wonder if she takes the stand today?. I have absolutely no idea why she would. She wasn't there when Lisa went over that balcony. Character witness perhaps?. :rolleyes:

And notice how today his hand is holding hers, instead of her hand holding his - as on the other days?

Do they need character witnesses yet? I thought that was during the sentencing phase? I'm very interested in hearing what she has to say! Let's hope she doesn't perjure herself in any way. I guess it depends who she is more intimidated by ... him .. or the court.

#9News

An IT consultant giving evidence at Simon Gittany's trial has in his hands, he says, the hard-drive given to him by Gittany's brother #9News
https://twitter.com/mattsnelson9

So is this the IT consultant that is a friend of the SG's brother?
Why isn't that hard drive in the hands of the Police?
How credible is it that the hard drive submitted is the hard drive that was in the roof?
If that hard drive was tampered with in any way - would it have a footprint of changes?
If Today Tonight had explosive new evidence about the case - why did they not give it to the Prosecution? I hope they haven't damaged the Justice of this trial.

So is this the IT consultant that is a friend of the SG's brother?
Why isn't that hard drive in the hands of the Police?
How credible is it that the hard drive submitted is the hard drive that was in the roof?
If that hard drive was tampered with in any way - would it have a footprint of changes?
If Today Tonight had explosive new evidence about the case - why did they not give it to the Prosecution? I hope they haven't damaged the Justice of this trial.

It all sounds a bit dodgy to me. Very odd that this elusive hard drive has suddenly turned up out of the blue. imo

Today Tonight agrees not to show ambush footage of Simon Gittany

November 8, 2013

Justice McCallum explained what she had understood happened outside court.

"I seek an undertaking from Channel Seven that any footage taken of the accused ... on his approach to court this morning will not be used in any broadcast tonight," she said.

The barrister representing Today Tonight agreed the program would not air any such footage.

Today Tonight Gittany promo shown at link
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/today-ton...mon-gittany-20131108-2x5ii.html#ixzz2k16rHNKx

Channel Seven barred from airing program on Today Tonight claiming to have fresh evidence in the Simon Gittany murder trial

November 08, 2013

CHANNEL Seven has been barred from airing a program claiming to have fresh evidence in the Simon Gittany murder trial.

Lawyers for the network agreed not to air the new allegations or footage taken of Gittany as he approached the court this morning after a request from Justice Lucy McCallum.

She said Today Tonight producer Vanda Carson had emailed the court's public information officer and apologised for the approach by the program's camera crew and journalist but had "missed the point".

The accused could still be required to take the stand again and the journalist's actions could be construed as an interference with the administration of justice, Justice McCallum said.

She also asked the network to give an undertaking that it's reporting would not speculate about possible future evidence and restrict its coverage to evidence already given under oath to which it agreed.
Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...any-murder-trial/story-fni0cx12-1226755366088

Hard drive removed from Simon Gittany's apartment presented to court by IT consultant

NOVEMBER 08, 2013

A HARD drive removed from the apartment of Simon Gittany by his brother has been found.

The court heard today that the hard drive was kept in the ceiling of the apartment after Gittany's arrest but was later removed and given to a friend to examine and had not been seen since.

But today defence witness Craig McCoy, an IT consultant, brought the hard drive to court.

Mr McCoy told the court when he examined the hard drive he found only one file, a video from 16 July 2011 which appeared to show the hallway of an apartment building.

Under cross examination Crown Prosecutor Mark Tedeschi, QC, asked that, given the limited number of files and lack of propriety software on the hard drive, whether the IT consultant believed the hard drive had been wiped at any stage.
Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ha...by-it-consultant/story-fnii5s3y-1226755875673

So the brother of the accused, and/or his IT friends have had 2 years to do whatever they wish to this hard drive? Can they prove it is the same hard drive? I am not an expert in these things but is there any way to prove that it has not been completely formatted/reprogrammed/new motherboard and this file from 16 July added to make it look like that is all that is on there?

I want to know where this hard drive has been? It's not like yesterday someone said 'oh yeah, where did that get to?' and this IT guy just happened to have it at home? I seriously hope there will be some follow up charges, there has been lies and withholding (and possibly tampering) with evidence!

The more I think about it, things aren't really making sense, did the defence think that the hard drive would make a difference, so decided to give it up? But in the article (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/har...-1226755875673) they could not say either way if it had been wiped? And with the time that has since passed, it seems suspicious, points more towards it being tampered with than not! How convenient that the day after SG was questioned about it, they found it!

It looks as though all that "rigorous questioning by the prosecution" concerning the external hard drive has really rattled SG's cage. Most convenient that it's now shown up.

I'd like to know more about this so called IT consultant. He must be someone SG and his brother felt they could trust completely to give him access to a hard drive that could contain some potentially incriminating evidence. I'm thinking that the IT guy must be a very good friend indeed. imo

"After rigorous questioning by the prosecution, Mr Gittany said he had organised the removal of an external hard drive from the ceiling of the unit the couple shared in the days after the 30-year-old's death."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/please-do...lisa-harnum-20131106-2x0pn.html#ixzz2k1fAg3Ir

Well, I just don't know what to think. Is the prosecution grasping at straws or is this all part of a strategy to chip away at SG's version of events?

And seriously Channel 7, get your noses out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member