GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• A picture of a kettle with an open lid was tendered to the court as evidence for the defence..jpg
    A picture of a kettle with an open lid was tendered to the court as evidence for the defence..jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
Is this the only proof they have that SG was making a cup of tea during the 69 seconds?. A kettle with an open lid. :rolleyes:

Attached Image: A picture of a kettle with an open lid was tendered to the court as evidence for the defence.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/simon-git...move-hard-drive-from-unit-20131107-2x3vv.html

Oh for goodness sake!!! Talk about desperate!! "quick open the kettle's lid, that'll help prove I was in the kitchen making a good ole cup o tea"

I could say a whole lot more but I'd have to <modsnip> myself...lol.

Oh for goodness sake!!! Talk about desperate!! "quick open the kettle's lid, that'll help prove I was in the kitchen making a good ole cup o tea"

Nice Marly - you think he could have at least plugged it in :floorlaugh:

Is this the only proof they have that SG was making a cup of tea during the 69 seconds?. A kettle with an open lid. :rolleyes:

Attached Image: A picture of a kettle with an open lid was tendered to the court as evidence for the defence.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/simon-git...move-hard-drive-from-unit-20131107-2x3vv.html

Thank you for posting pictures. :seeya:

I am left handed and that is why this picture struck me instantly. The kettle is positioned for the dominate left hand especially in relation to the kitchen tap.

A right hander in a hurry would place the kettle angled with the spout towards the tap. Or if making a tea and gf is doing ballet moves to cause imminent danger. Throw/drop the kettle and rush to her aid.

ETA. I had a kettle that had a huge lid. All they want to do is shut and to fill them is holding the lid up while filling it. If in a kitchen, as a leftie, that lid would be down, even on a good day.

I am surprised that he didn't include a cup tea, a bex and a lie down. :floorlaugh: While watching the Footy Show.

My thoughts are with her Mum.

Thank you for posting pictures. :seeya:

I am left handed and that is why this picture struck me instantly. The kettle is positioned for the dominate left hand especially in relation to the kitchen tap.

A right hander in a hurry would place the kettle angled with the spout towards the tap. Or if making a tea and gf is doing ballet moves to cause imminent danger. Throw/drop the kettle and rush to her aid.

I am surprised that he didn't include a cup tea, a bex and a lie down. :floorlaugh: While watching the Footy Show.

Flinders I have to disagree - if your standing at the tap and wanted to put it down in a hurry - the handle would be facing the way it is - it is the closest bench space to the tap for a right handed person. Although not as close to the sink as I would have thought. (Not that I believe a word he says)

Flinders I have to disagree - if your standing at the tap and wanted to put it down in a hurry - the handle would be facing the way it is - it is the closest bench space to the tap for a right handed person. Although not as close to the sink as I would have thought. (Not that I believe a word he says)

Thank you sleepinoz. I will go back and look again. :blushing: I am just a leftie thinking 'you all' put things the wrong way.

Sorry to quote myself - but the position of the tap seems to be wrong to me - it seems to be in the centre - if your filling a jug it would be positioned over one sink or the other - never in the middle.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BBM: Now that I'd like to see!!

:loveyou:

Interesting to watch and listen to JR explain to police what he witnessed that morning.

"Chilling Police interview with Joshua Rathwell in relation to the murder of Lisa Harnum." - (Rathmell is the correct spelling)

24 October 2013

Video: Police interview with Joshua Rathmell
http://video.news.com.au/v/139415/Police-interview-with-Joshua-Rathwell

Image: Screenshot from video.

Attachments

• Joshua Rathmell Interview.jpg
    Joshua Rathmell Interview.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
Sorry to quote myself - but the position of the tap seems to be wrong to me - it seems to be in the centre - if your filling a jug it would be positioned over one sink or the other - never in the middle.

Not that he would think of that. Has he ever made a cup of tea, do you think? After all, Lisa's whole purpose in life was to be obedient and serve 'the one'.

I'm sure that this went down really well with the police and judiciary too ....

'He told the NSW Supreme Court he asked his brother to remove the hard drive because he did not trust the police.
“Part of me didn't believe that the police were telling the truth,” Mr Gittany said.
The 40-year-old said he wanted to check whether any footage was “deleted by the police”.'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/simon-git...e-from-unit-20131107-2x3vv.html#ixzz2jwkBkQYV

Strangest comment. Part of him didn't believe the police were telling the truth about what exactly?

It looks to me like there is two taps, a taller one on the left and shorter one on the right. Both appear to be positioned on the right side of their respective sinks.

Yes, he seems to be very clear on what he saw.

I wonder when he contacted the police with what he saw. Perhaps after he saw it on the news. He says that after he found out it was a body he watched on for app. 6 minutes and continued to work. On the one hand, I wonder why he didn't speak to police right there and then. But then I can also understand that he needed some time to process what he saw and didn't want to interfere with all the commotion at the time.

I think you're being a bit sinister with that comment ;)

Sorry Brightbird, you haven't met me yet. :seeya: I am politely called on WS by people that know me as Flinders as ... sarcastic with humour. I am new to posting on any site and this is this first time I've been challenged. :blushing: I joined because of ABC. I have no agenda. :blushing: I seriously am a leftie. :seeya:

Sorry Brightbird, you haven't met me yet. :seeya: I am politely called on WS by people that know me as Flinders as ... sarcastic with humour. I am new to posting on any site and this is this first time I've been challenged. :blushing: I joined because of ABC. I have no agenda. :blushing: I seriously am a leftie. :seeya:

Oh dear...I worried my joke would be misunderstood :facepalm: Sorry Flinders. I totally got your sarcasm. That was my lame attempt at the same. The word 'sinister' historically meant 'to the left'. Absurdly, being left handed was considered 'evil' or 'sinister'. Anyway, I certainly wasn't trying to challenge you or suggest you have an agenda. Just my silly attempt at getting you back for your joke about right handers being 'wrong'. I hope you can see that I didn't mean any offence.

I wonder when he contacted the police with what he saw. Perhaps after he saw it on the news. He says that after he found out it was a body he watched on for app. 6 minutes and continued to work. On the one hand, I wonder why he didn't speak to police right there and then. But then I can also understand that he needed some time to process what he saw and didn't want to interfere with all the commotion at the time.
BBM

October 24, 2013

"But he went to see what had happened and told the court a group of people were trying to resuscitate what appeared to be a body.

He told the court he then saw a man, who he believed to be the same person he'd seen on the balcony, exit the building.

The man observed what was going on from a distance, before moving to speak to the group trying to assist the person on the ground, Mr Rathmell said.

Mr Rathmell continued on his way to work where he later called police to report what he'd seen."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/10/24/12/46/witness-thought-screams-were-a-junkie

I'm not sure that a judge only trial is such a bad thing. In this day of CSI type shows, juries tend to like hard evidence whereas the evidence against SG is circumstantial. That said, I think SG wanted a judge only trial or he would have come with the extra money needed. I know if I was on a jury I would be hard pressed to keep emotion out of it.

I still don't understand whether the defence argument is that she suicided or climbed the railing to be 'dramatic' and slipped and fell. What I'm hoping is that the inconsistencies in SG's account, lack of fingerprints, and witness reports will combine to convince the judge of his guilt.

Trial by judge is much more beneficial to the defense in this case, and I think the lack of money thing was a tactic to force trial by judge. As a lawyer in the USA, I'm amazed that defendants don't get a choice? A jury will convict after seeing a video of him grab a woman that way and then evaluate the circumstances around her death. A judge, eh, more likely to evaluate the arguments based on the preponderance of evidence. Thing is, the evidence is stacked against the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member