GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 1m

Re: torn-up note in Lisa's pocket warning of survllce cameras, defence says 'it confirms that Lisa was in a state of heightened paranoia'

news.com.au ‏@newscomauHQ 2h

What really happened to Simon Gittany's fiance before she plunged from the 15th floor to her death? | http://bit.ly/1gP0frv

Very quiet on Twitter - I'm hoping what the Defence is saying isn't worth Tweeting :)

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 10m

Simon Gittany's barrister says Lisa Harnum had a 'schizophrenic' view of the relshp. On one hand hating it, on another not wanting it to end

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

Defence: if Judge accepts SG lied by denying he ordered a kneeling Lisa to submit, may be b/c he was ashamed (tho he doesn't concede he did)

Re: torn-up note in Lisa's pocket warning of survllce cameras, defence says 'it confirms that Lisa was in a state of heightened paranoia'

I don't know about anyone else, but I am truly affronted and insulted by the things Strickland is saying about Lisa. Victim-bashing at it's lowest.

He has no real alternative to present to counter the fact that his client threw his very alive and defenceless fiancee from their balcony, so he bashes poor Lisa instead.

That is a dirty, low-down, disrespectful approach - and says a lot about the man who is saying these things IMO.

No hiding behind the law here, Strickland. You could have said the same things in a much more acceptable way!

:stormingmad:

I don't know about anyone else, but I am truly affronted and insulted by the things Strickland is saying about Lisa. Victim-bashing at it's lowest.

He has no real alternative to present to counter the fact that his client threw his very alive and defenceless fiancee from their balcony, so he bashes poor Lisa instead.

That is a dirty, low-down, disrespectful approach - and says a lot about the man who is saying these things IMO.

Blaming Lisa for her own death. She is not here to defend herself, so they attack her integrity - they rationalise this by claiming that the defense is just doing his job!

:scale:

Blaming Lisa for her own death. She is not here to defend herself, so they attack her integrity - they rationalise this by claiming that the defense is just doing his job!

Maybe he better get another job, because he's looking as low as his client to me ...... a politician perhaps? They seem to use the same methods.

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 2m

Simon Gittany's lawyer described SG's act of grabbing Lisa Harnum outside the apartment as appalling and without justification.

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 54s
"those actions alone would have terrified her and caused her to feel violated"

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 4m

Gittany's own barrister says the way he forced Lisa back inside was 'undoubtedly appalling&without any justifctn', wld've terrified her CONT

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

CONT Says it would've caused her to feel seriously violated, but argues it's not necessarily consistent w 'apoplectic rage'

It's not paranoia if they're really after you!

That line is a common joking phrase but here it was so tragically true.

I know the law doesn't allow for this.... But if she did miraculously climb over the railing - maybe thinking about getting onto a neighbours balcony to get away - and fell BECAUSE SHE FEARED FOR HER LIFE (and with good reason), he is still guilty of causing her death!!!!!!!! Even if we allow for that twinge of reasonable doubt (which the evidence doesn't support) and say maybe that happened he is still directly responsible. I don't see a difference.

For me it's murder to give her no other option than to try to pull a Hollywood action move balcony to balcony jump. I'm not convinced it happenned even if it did... I don't see how there could be ANY room for exoneration.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

CONT Says it would've caused her to feel seriously violated, but argues it's not necessarily consistent w 'apoplectic rage'

"Not necessarily consistent'? This is a qualification. Why didn't he say "Not consistent'?

Many could say: 'Not necessarily inconsistent either'! The video captured him 'enraged' enough to pursue her, violently subdue her and force her back into the apartment.

Gittany's barrister: the awning Lisa 'climbed on to' ran length of 15th floor&was sturdy. She may have been trying to get to another unit

Agree 100% marlywings! I would also add that if a relationship becomes abusive, don't let on that you are leaving in any way. Pretend that everything is 'normal' and then when the abuser is distracted, GET OUT!!
I noticed a few posts questioning what SG did for a living and how he could afford to live where he did. I watched a news video that said '....Gittany, a high end caterer to athletes'. Does anyone know what maximum sentence he is facing if found guilty?

Welcome to the forum montycooper! :seeya:

Wiki says this ....

"Under New South Wales State law, the maximum penalty for murder is life imprisonment with a standard non-parole period of 20 years, or 25 years for the murder of a child under the age of 18, and a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole if the victim is a police officer or public official."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Australian_law)

And I'm still wondering what a high-end caterer to athletes is ... and which athletes is he high-end catering to? Footballers, olympic athletes .. who?? :waitasec:

Gittany's barrister: the awning Lisa 'climbed on to' ran length of 15th floor&was sturdy. She may have been trying to get to another unit

Sorry .. try again Strickland. She climbed over the high glass enclosure without leaving fingerprints?? I'm sure she wouldn't have landed on the 'awning' if she did an impossible ballerina-leap over it.

And what about the eyewitness testimony? SG was carrying her back onto the balcony and accidently dropped her, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Unlikely. This girl had her bags packed, her supports in place and would have taken the first opportunity to leave.

There are NO witnesses to 'speculation' by the Defense whatsoever. The speculation is unfounded. There are witnesses to Gittany holding something horizontally in his outstretched arms which he unloaded over the balcony that morning.

The neighbours heard Lisa's screams and banging on their door. They heard her plead for help. This is contrary to suicidal behaviour IMO.

The Lindy Chamberlain case gets a mention in Gittany closing, as defence says it's dangerous to draw conclsns from SG's reaction (in lift)

It is a pathetic closing argument really. Even every one of us non-lawyers can counter all of Strickland's speculated points with pure facts. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee