GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not paranoia if they're really after you!

That line is a common joking phrase but here it was so tragically true.

I know the law doesn't allow for this.... But if she did miraculously climb over the railing - maybe thinking about getting onto a neighbours balcony to get away - and fell BECAUSE SHE FEARED FOR HER LIFE (and with good reason), he is still guilty of causing her death!!!!!!!! Even if we allow for that twinge of reasonable doubt (which the evidence doesn't support) and say maybe that happened he is still directly responsible. I don't see a difference.

For me it's murder to give her no other option than to try to pull a Hollywood action move balcony to balcony jump. I'm not convinced it happenned even if it did... I don't see how there could be ANY room for exoneration.

BBM

I've considered that possibility (it's the one and only 'reasonable doubt' that that there could possibly be for me) but I no longer entertain that idea. I believe that Lisa knew he had murder on his mind and would not put herself in such a vulnerable position out on that precarious ledge with that lunatic after her. There's no way she was ever out of his sight after he brutally dragged her back into the apartment. Besides, there are none of Lisa's fingerprints on that glass balustrade or railing - not one. imo

Just pure speculation, but wonder what else Lisa Harnum may have known about Gittany?

Yes, I have wondered this many times Fuskier. Were there more reasons why he couldn't just let Lisa return to her homeland, besides being a completely controlling ?

Was he afraid that if she left the country, and was entirely out of his reach, she could blow him in to authorities for certain high-end (or low-life) activities he may have been involved in. I mean, he got his high-rent/mortgage-paying income from somewhere .. and it wasn't from selling a few 'health products' to gym junkies IMO.

Pure speculation, of course.

2ylr5o5.jpg

Screenshot from article at link.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...of-simon-gittany/story-fni0fee2-1226760741669

"Blowing kisses across the courtroom..."
Am I alone in thinking that is precisely the action of a Narcissist?
(My apologies to all, but that image has been in my head on and off all day, and it revolts me.)

I was thinking of cutting away all the frills and theories and putting forward a simple Scenario.

Beautiful fragile ballerina girl (a long way from home) finds herself in a Relationship with what appears to be a Narcissist.
Not just a Narcissist, but a Malignant Narcissist with a volatile temper.
She prepares to leave him. Passport very necessary.
He confronts her and shows her his masculine strength. Explains what is in store for non-conformism.
She is terrified for her life and screams out for help.
Her "paranoia" is, in reality a desperate and very real fear for her life.
He takes her in a headlock, and man-handles her so that his explanations may be made a little clearer.

She is rendered completely helpless. (By virtue of this man hold.)
He threatens to throw her over the balcony.
And does just that.
He doesn't even look to witness her landing.
This act is witnessed by a passer by.
Still angry, and high on adrenaline, he goes to the lift.

In the mirror wall in the lift, he remembers to take a look at the love of his his life, himself.

It's not paranoia if they're really after you!

That line is a common joking phrase but here it was so tragically true.

I know the law doesn't allow for this.... But if she did miraculously climb over the railing - maybe thinking about getting onto a neighbours balcony to get away - and fell BECAUSE SHE FEARED FOR HER LIFE (and with good reason), he is still guilty of causing her death!!!!!!!! Even if we allow for that twinge of reasonable doubt (which the evidence doesn't support) and say maybe that happened he is still directly responsible. I don't see a difference.

For me it's murder to give her no other option than to try to pull a Hollywood action move balcony to balcony jump. I'm not convinced it happenned even if it did... I don't see how there could be ANY room for exoneration.

In fact our law does allow for this - there are precedent cases where a victim has died while fleeing her attacker - he has still caused her death which is at least manslaughter - perhaps the cRown should have argued this in the alternative.

Thank you so very much Joshua Rathmell for coming forward and telling the police what you witnessed on that day.

Video: Police interview with Joshua Rathmell
http://video.news.com.au/v/139415/Police-interview-with-Joshua-Rathwell

I'm with you there Enzeder. IMO he just told it how he saw it and thank God for that. I hope he has every success in his new career in the States and I'm relieved that he won't be in Australia to cop any aftermath from his testimony IYKWIM.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 1m

Judge 'doesn't know how long' it will take to deliberate on a verdict in Simon Gittany case...

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 2m

Says the Crown has not eliminated the possibility Lisa Harnum in distress, fear or desperation climbed the balcony herself to escape Gittany

Expand
Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 3m

After almost two days on his feet Gittany's lawyer has just finished his closing submission.

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 2m

The Judge says she will now deliberate the verdict on Gittany's murder charge. "I can't say how long it will take me" Justice McCallum.

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 1m

It is possible a verdict could be delivered in two weeks.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 1m

Judge says Gittany verdict is likely in the week after next, early in the wk. Bail refused. @7NewsSydney

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 1m
It is possible a verdict could be delivered in two weeks.

Bail has been refused.

:scale:

Karl Hoerr ‏@KarlHoerr 14m
Simon Gittany murder trial has ended. Judge to rule no earlier than Monday week, but has not set a date.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 6m
And... Judge has retired to deliberate verdict

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 17m

Defence still talking... says the police didn't take certain steps to collect evidence that COULD have cleared Gittany

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 13m

And... Judge has retired to deliberate verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members