GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are other charges to which he is found guilty of, hopefully they wont be made concurrent with this tariff ....

This break has come after the Crown put forward its proposal for sentancing. We haven't heard the Defense proposal yet.

The prosecution had to rely on the rage - the "heat of the moment" angle. Because it was a thing that the video footage could completely prove.

That in itself is a bit of a double edged sword though, because it means that sentencing is normally significantly lighter. He didn't plan a weekend away, pack a shovel and increase her life insurance policy after all. The premeditation isn't something they could concretely prove. (Although they did try to sneak it in at the last minute - points for trying!)

As much as I don't feel like this 'gentleman' (avoiding a timeout :p ) deserves to ever go free, is be quite satisfied with 20 rather than 12 or 15.

I'm hopeful of a non parole of at least 15. Because I hardly think that someone of his calibre would be a model prisoner for 15 years - and as such chances of parole are slim.

So... With all this protestation of innocence, it's pretty safe to say he is going to try to appeal. I doubt that he will be granted leave for appeal with the robust judgement her honour delivered, and the fact the judge only trial was his request. But if he is, the sweet side of it all is that the premeditation witness could be brought in legitimately - and suddenly instead of gaining leniency, he will go down harder. All in all it's quite a sunny day!

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 20h
Just came back into court to Rachelle Louise crying as she gives evidence. Says he is never controlling in their 'amazing' relshp

WOW! are they trying to use 'their relationship" against the GUILTY verdict! i.e. more of the "you've got it wrong" approach?

Idealisation/devaluation paradigm comes to mind. The 'idealised' one can do no wrong. The devalued one has no worth, treat them with contempt, abuse them, discard them.

Sounds like they perceive that Simon can do no wrong! IMHO.

But oh!, if i could take the stand,
if they could witness my last breath,
could they live with the terror,
that i went through in death?.

Author unknown...............

I suppose I am equating Lisa's death with the manner in which Arthur Freeman threw his child off the West Gate bridge... Marlywings quote, 'it offends our collective conscience' comes from that judgement... the brazen public performance of it , that strikes our common subconscious fear and horror, which is why we have railings and fences, etc... if we didn't have that common terror of falling from a great height, there would be no need for railings etc... 20 years doesn't seem enough in that context...

oh shut up, Rachel... go and do your laundry.

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 2m

Barrister for #Gittany says the evidence of Rachellr Louise is important because her relationship with him has "no features of abuse."

odie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

Defence barrister tells Judge Simon Gittany is unlikely to reoffend

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 2m

Barrister for #Gittany says the evidence of Rachellr Louise is important because her relationship with him has "no features of abuse."

Why would it??? she is toeing the line...she is conforming with enthusiasm to the dictates of what Gittany expects.... lucky for Rache, he will be slumped behind a cell door when she eventually rebels.... if she does. she may not, she may be the perfect match for Gittany.. a sadist and a masochist have the very best of working relationships.

IMO she has been kept around for this purpose - he had to have one girlfriend that he has not shown abuse to.

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 3m

Justice McCallum says #Gittany has made a "defiant denial of guilt" and a determination to "maintain the rage until justice is done."

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

Strickland (Gittany's barrister) says Gittany has a good solid family - helps his prospects of rehabilitation (cont)
Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

But Judge says that's only if they accept verdict. If they're 'defiantly maintaining the rage' then it COULD be seen as factor against rehab

IMO she has been kept around for this purpose - he had to have one girlfriend that he has not shown abuse to.

Possible that Gittany's relationshio with new girlfriend was planned in his mind to invalidate any claims of abuse or controlling behaviour which might arise from his relationship with his victim. RL appears to have been used for this purpose IMHO. Now we hear this 'new relationship' is put before the Court to lessen the sentancing. WOW! manipulative.

But Judge says that's only if they accept verdict. If they're 'defiantly maintaining the rage' then it COULD be seen as factor against rehab

That's why she is the judge and Gittany is in the dock .

Karl Hoerr ‏@KarlHoerr 3m

#Gittany barrister says judge should accept he is unlikely to reoffend.

Thanks guys, great reporting. I too am wondering about medium range murder. Dead Is Dead. Rehabilitation??? How can he be rehabilitated without admittance of guilt?

just saw his barrister say he is unlikely to reoffend. Does that mean his barrister beleves he did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne