GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 45s

Defence says it was in 'low range' given it was a sudden loss of control, it wasn't premeditated and no weapon was used. #Gittany

It would be extraordinarily radical if , from a judge only trial, the sentence was less than what the Crown proposes.... I'd be shocked if it was less than the 20, all the stuff the defence in its correct ness to do so has not made any of the factors mitigating ones... Rache expecting quads would be more of a reason for a longer sentence, ... he shouldn't be around kids with that explosive temper, you know..

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 3m

But the prosecutor says Gittany used the height of the balcony as a weapon to bring about Lisa Harnum's death #gittany

she was unconscious yet held onto her handbag?? neat trick.

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 3m

#Gittany submission is that the murder had no weapon. But Crown say the height and gravity of a 15th floor balcony IS a weapon

odie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 4m

Strickland says Lisa's murder is BELOW mid range. No planning, sudden loss of control, no weapon, she didn't know what was to happen to her

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 6m

#Gittany should get less than standard non parole period of 20 years, as murder is below mid range of seriousness, his barrister submits

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 10m

Defence says she (Lisa) didn't know she was going to be thrown over, given she was possibly rendered unconscious. #Gittany @NewsTalk2UE

Is that an admission he did murder Lisa? No denial now!

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

Judge will 'tentatively' list the Simon Gittany sentence for next Tuesday #gittany

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 3m

Gittany could be sentenced as early as next Tuesday. #gittany

Karl Hoerr ‏@KarlHoerr 3m

Simon Gittany expected to be sentenced next Tuesday, 11th Feb for murder of fiancée Lisa Harnum.

Judge Lucy doesn't seem to need alot of time.

Chloe Ross ‏@chloebross 2m

#Gittany defence arguing it is low-range, warrants significantly lower non parole period than 20 years akin to acquitted Gordon Wood.

Leonie Ryan ‏@LeonieFRyan 3m

#gittany to POSSIBLY be sentenced next tuesday. @NewsTalk2UE

Paul Bibby ‏@PaulEbibby 3m

Convicted murderer Simon #Gittany will learn his fate next Tuesday - February 11.

Amy Dale ‏@amydale_tele 3m

Justice Lucy McCallum anticipates sentencing Simon Gittany on February 11. Date will be confirmed by tomorrow

thankyou sleep and fuskier....brilliant stuff, deeply appreciated

Thanks for the updates ladies. Great job.

And so we wait.

Many thanks once again. Now to look forward to the 11th.

Is that an admission he did murder Lisa? No denial now!

It seems like the lawyer acknowledges that there has been a guilty verdict and is doing his job of trying to minimize the sentence.
SG is still in denial.

Can he have it both ways? I guess SG will appeal for something regardless of the outcome.

I still think it's hilarious that RL says her work is getting SG released. I suspect that she's not a lawyer, a private investigator or good at much besides modelling and acting. Leave it to the professionals, honey.

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 12m
RT @Sandra_Sully: #Gittany– Crown notes killer shows no remorse; & sentence should reflect likelihood rehabilitation would be unsuccessful.

I'm disappointed that the Court permitted, via the Defense, a strategy of invalidating any claims of abuse or controlling behaviour towards his victim by showcasing his current relationship & allowing a 'loud voice' from his current girlfriend in his own best interests.

This new relationship commenced after the murder. IMO the murderer knew what he had done to his victim - before he commenced this new relationship. Once charged with her murder, he knew a court case would eventuate and it would be in his best interests to show the Court that there is no abuse or controlling behavour in his new relationship.

The fact remains this had nothing to do with the murderer's relationship with the victim.

Lisa Harnum was unloaded over the balcony of the 15th floor to her certain death by the murderer. He was convicted of her murder.

RL's loud voice and dominant presence should not be allowed to overshadow Lisa's tragic murder or the wishes of Joan Harnum and family.
There appears to be no empathy for the tragic loss of life of Lisa Harnum IMO. There appears to be no remorse. Her interests appear to be as a 'loud' mouthpiece for the murderer.

There seems to be a disrespect for the Justice system and the authority of the Judge in the 'social culture' surrounding this murderer which is concerning.

Disturbing IMHO. :twocents:

Hi Fuskier :seeya:

Do not fear, my friend. I believe the current girlfriend's little performance on the stand will have ZERO bearing on the sentence. Whatever she said about how wonderful their relationship is, is completely immaterial to the facts accepted by the Court, being that Gittany is a murderer. Look at it this way - he could've spent the last two years or whatever delivering Meals on Wheels to the elderly. It will not and DOES NOT change the fact that he is a convicted killer.

I shall refer shortly to the matters that must be taken into account on sentencing. We can have a good natter about it, which should tide us over to Tuesday.

A new Christmas Day for us all.
11th February 2014

Here you go TGY...something for you to do while we wait for Tuesday ;)

stepa.jpg

But oh!, if i could take the stand,
if they could witness my last breath,
could they live with the terror,
that i went through in death?.

Author unknown...............

That is so powerful Marly. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne