GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This sentencing is more satisfying than the conclusion to "Breaking Bad".

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 3m

One #gittany relative yelled 'in the name of Jesus Christ you won't be doing any of that time!' Very little reaction from Simon Gittany

Was there a "plan" afoot in the unlikely event he be found "Guilty"?
"Sooner DIE than go to prison" (said he, smirking.)

Nah! Too arrogant for that. Also too cowardly.
Vulgar, the whole dammed lot. And blasphemous to boot.
They'd stomp all over JC quick as look at him. Then laugh publicly at their own wit and cleverness in doing so.

So in all seriousness - where the hell is RL?

If she is truly sequestered away somewhere by channel 7 (as the journalists rumors stated) - just how much money would you need to be paid to be away from your "innocent" partner on the most trying of days?

It would need to be a schapelle sized payment one would think.

She doesn't do her own PR any favours through today's no-show.

I know I shouldn't be curious. That it shouldn't even be a blip on the radar. But it's so thoroughly out of character (that is, to shy away from the spotlight) that it has me rather intrigued.

Will she still be in the same outfit as last week? Are channel 7 holding her hostage in a luxury hotel?

heh... I honestly, truly believe that she is in hiding from the Gittany sisters... after hearing Judge Mc Callums statements sheeting home the blame for no rehabilitation 'due to family defiance' .. those gals will turn on Rachel like a taipan.

Rachels Dad can kiss his $189,00.00 goodbye, too... what HE heard today was a whole lot of dollars gurgling down the sink..

Thank you ladies for the great Twitter coverage, much appreciated. :cheers:

Joan is also restricted, and paid. Good to know.

Deal with Seven silences Harnum's mother

Ms Harnum's mother, Joan, said she was ‘‘regrettably'' not able to express how she felt about Gittany's sentence because she had signed a television deal with Channel Seven.

She told Fairfax Media said she was unable to speak to any media after she has signed a contract forbidding her to talk for another seven to 10 days.

Channel Seven's Sunday Night has secured exclusive interviews with the Harnum family and Gittany's lover, meaning no one has spoken since the sentence was handed down.

Even Gittany's family remained silent as they walked from the Supreme Court complex at 11.40am.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/simon-git...lisa-harnum-20140211-32dqy.html#ixzz2syHPFfwe

Amanda Hoh ‏@amandahoh 58s
#Gittany family unable to speak to media after signing deal with Ch 7. Another 'silence' payout http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/simon-git...s-for-killing-lisa-harnum-20140211-32dqy.html … by @em_partridge

Grrrrrrr.

Okay. My vote is that we now refer to the appeal as:
"The channel seven funded drama extension" from now on. Because poor simon couldn't even afford a jury trial, had to be out on bail to do his own photocopying, remember?

There is no way they could afford it without TC7FDXT.

He is entitled to appeal.. he may even get legal aid funds for it.. it is mandatory and part of the justice system..

on that day.. he wont be appearing in court, he will have to do it via tv link from his current abode. To win an appeal..he will have to have new evidence, or find large holes in the Judges verdict and sentencing... then he has to get 3 judges to agree.. which would be rare seeing it was not a jury tried case.

Seeing that Mc Callum went out of her way to give her approval of the late witness to Gittany's predictions as to his intentions , doesn't look good from this point. .

well.. I liked it... more than I expected, and a masterful summing up of the murder of Lisa in it's entirety...not just her physical murder, but her mental and emotional murder over a long period.

Evan Zlatkis ‏@evanjzlatkis 3m

Rachelle Louise didn't come to court to protect her six-figure payment from the Seven Network for her Sunday Night interview. #Gittany

He is entitled to appeal.. he may even get legal aid funds for it.. it is mandatory and part of the justice system..

on that day.. he wont be appearing in court, he will have to do it via tv link from his current abode. To win an appeal..he will have to have new evidence, or find large holes in the Judges verdict and sentencing... then he has to get 3 judges to agree.. which would be rare seeing it was not a jury tried case.

Seeing that Mc Callum went out of her way to give her approval of the late witness to Gittany's predictions as to his intentions , doesn't look good from this point. .

well.. I liked it... more than I expected, and a masterful summing up of the murder of Lisa in it's entirety...not just her physical murder, but her mental and emotional murder over a long period.

BBM. Well said Trooper.

Or RL is counting her $$$ In the Mediterranean as we speak. ??

nope. Strickland, Gittany's barrister has a lien on that money...you can be assured of that.

Full admiration for Justice Lucy McCallum for sentening Gittany today in accord with The Law and society's expectations for this serious crime. Our collective consciences have soothed a little by witnessing Justice today for Lisa Harnum and her family.

Thanks to fellow WS members united today to witness Justice for Lisa Harnum.

Sleepinoz and ICU nurse - good job today. Thanks.

Trooper I enjoy your posts on here as much as I enjoyed them on GBC threads. They actually do make me laugh out loud.
I think this was a great sentence from the judge, if only we could have a judge only trial for GBC with this judge.
I do feel uncomfortable though with the fact his girlfriend is profiting from his crime by appearing on Channel 7.
Shame on the TV Channels for offering it.

Thankyou once more to the fabulous 'Tweet Team' Sleepinoz and ICU nurse!!
:tyou:

:cheer: 26 years!!:cheer: 18 years non parole!:cheer: No show from RL:cheer: Judge Lucy!:cheer: Tedeschi!

What a day!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r-of-lisa-harnum/story-e6frg6nf-1226823437836

Simon Gittany sentenced to 18-year minimum for murder of Lisa Harnum
EAN HIGGINS THE AUSTRALIAN FEBRUARY 11, 2014 12:24PM

"...Around that time that morning, neighbours had heard her pleading for her life.
The neighbours had given evidence that provided “a chilling account” of how Harnum would have been “in a state of complete terror in the moments before her death”, Justice McCallum told the court..."

"...Mr Tedeschi told the court that had it not been for a couple of flukes of chance, Gittany might well have got away with the suicide ruse..."

"...Mr Tedeschi also referred to Gittany’s criminal record, which included biting off part of a policeman’s ear, taking stolen goods, and drug dealing..."

"... Justice McCallum had said the authors of the character references had not accepted that Gittany committed the crime, nor had Gittany himself, and his family was running a protest to “maintain the rage”, which she said worked against his prospects for rehabilitation...".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back