GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you to all who have posted tweets, updates and POV re: SG case. This type of forum is the first I have found, followed and enjoyed .. albeit it made me become obsessed with it.!! I have been lurking in the wings as a " guest " since gittany/Lisa thread #1, until we 30 spectators were spotted by ICU and invited to come forth into the light.

I will continue to follow this thread to see what more of SG past history and his brother's involvement is exposed and how the SG + RL + media love triangle pan$ out.

My thoughts are with all friends and family of dear Lisa Cecilia, may they find comfort and strength from their cherished memories she has left for them to hold dear.

My thanks again

Thank you to all who have posted tweets, updates and POV re: SG case. This type of forum is the first I have found, followed and enjoyed .. albeit it made me become obsessed with it.!! I have been lurking in the wings as a " guest " since gittany/Lisa thread #1, until we 30 spectators were spotted by ICU and invited to come forth into the light.

I will continue to follow this thread to see what more of SG past history and his brother's involvement is exposed and how the SG + RL + media love triangle pan$ out.

My thoughts are with all friends and family of dear Lisa Cecilia, may they find comfort and strength from their cherished memories she has left for them to hold dear.

My thanks again

Your Welcome and :welcome6:

Stick around and join us in other threads on WS. :seeya:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-of-chequebook-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html

Schapelle Corby, Rachelle Louise, the Harnum family: Seven's grubby week of chequebook journalism

True crime pays. The Seven Network's shareholders had better believe it.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html#ixzz2szSYADsq

I thought this part on that link was very interesting:

Of course, we have laws designed to prevent criminals benefiting from the proceeds of their crimes, as Corby learnt with her book and may well rediscover if she ever dares to bring her booty home under her own name.

One suspects the payees on Seven's cheque will be certain members of her family.

What of Gittany? Will the money paid to Rachelle Louise help fund his planned appeal? Even if Gittany never sees a cent of that money, why should his girlfriend – or anybody for that matter – profit from his crime?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html#ixzz2szUEeGMn

I think I am beginning to see the strategy that Channel 7 are going to use in Part Two of the RL interviews:

Psychologist, Bob Montgomery commented that the key is for people to go examine the evidence that will change their mind, rather than the evidence that will reinforce their views.

So what they may be intending to do is to re-present RL's comments to see if they can change her mind about some of the things she has been brainwashed to believe. They are going to recreate Lisa Harnum’s murder.

They have constructed a set with the same furniture as Gittany’s apartment to test Ms Louise’s claim that it was not physically possible for him to throw Ms Harnum off the balcony.

“I think people will be genuinely surprised by some of the evidence we present.” Mr Coulthart said.” “I was surprised.”

If this is the case, I think I will watch it. But I hope she does not waste the money on his appeal.

In the preview for the 2nd segment of 'the Rachelle Louise show' I saw her lying on the ground, with someone (the journalist?) attempting to lift her. I can only imagine that she's playing the part of Lisa in this reenactment. So much disrespect! Trying to prove the evidence wrong - "look, you can't lift me up, how could Simon have lifted Lisa?"...

Welcome!!!

In regards to the first question - there is a photo out there of SG throwing lisa over his shoulders with apparent ease. It wasn't a thing explored in detail at trial - but I don't really see it being a possible avenue of appeal either. He was physically significantly larger and stronger than she was.

Without inadvertently giving any assistance to what I perceive as a futile avenue of appeal, I will note that an unconscious body is exceptionally difficult to lift and move. Granted, most of my patients are closer to double Lisa's weight, but with no muscle tone at all, it's not the easiest task. Someone lightly sedated will still conform to your motions, but trying to get a sitting chest X-ray on a properly comatose patient is.... One of the things you need a nurses morbid sense of humour for.

With that said though, it is well documented that feats of extreme physical power are possible under emotional strain.

Which is why the action of unloading as opposed to being "thrown" seems chillingly accurate. And fits with the palm print and the push away motion.

All in all, I don't think the defence will try the "he couldn't lift her" angle, considering the widely circulated photograph of him doing just that.

2) fingerprint stuff is from paragraph 421 onwards in the judgement. It was concluded that the absence of any prints of Lisa's meant that she couldn't have done what was postulated by the defence - either in the leap or in climbing over in an attempt to escape (a possibility we did all consider too, which doesn't diminish SG's culpability in any way). This is also referenced in 495.

There were so many damning pieces of evidence classified as here say of circumstantial that Justice McCallum had to disregard for her findings. I don't think that anything that was included provides grounds for appeal. Same with the sentence - there is nothing "manifestly excessive" about it.

Thanks ICU Nurse

I guess we will have to wait and see the Channel 7 report.....but I am guessing they may show some difficulty in doing what he was said to do, hence my question. I believe it is possible but I was hoping for someone with more expertise in these matters to confirm it. I have no experience but I know there are "body movement" experts out there who spend there time on this stuff.

Thanks

I think I am beginning to see the strategy that Channel 7 are going to use in Part Two of the RL interviews:

Psychologist, Bob Montgomery commented that the key is for people to go examine the evidence that will change their mind, rather than the evidence that will reinforce their views.

So what they may be intending to do is to re-present RL's comments to see if they can change her mind about some of the things she has been brainwashed to believe. They are going to recreate Lisa Harnum’s murder.

They have constructed a set with the same furniture as Gittany’s apartment to test Ms Louise’s claim that it was not physically possible for him to throw Ms Harnum off the balcony.

This sounds horrible - like a sort of mixture of true crime "documentary" with Mythbusters (a show I love) but without the explosions.

Chanel 9 just reported that he has been taken to Parklea - hope it's only whilst in transit.

I've finally caught up! Great job feeding through the tweets, icu_nurse and sleepinoz, :tyou:

I'm pretty happy with the judgement. My girl crush on Justice McCallum hasn't abated yet :blushing: I do think any parole period should have been for his life. But all in all, it seems reasonable. I mean, he'll be in his 60's when he gets out! He's going to spend what should be his most productive years in prison - won't be much of a life to come out to. I especially like the message the Judge sent to family members who show such disregard for the justice system. I understand they wanted to support SG, but jeez there are far classier and humble ways to go about it. As for RL, I think she's dodged a bullet with SG being locked up. I hope one day she wakes up to realise that - perhaps I'm a bit too optimistic on that though.

I've finally caught up! Great job feeding through the tweets, icu_nurse and sleepinoz, :tyou:

I'm pretty happy with the judgement. My girl crush on Justice McCallum hasn't abated yet :blushing: I do think any parole period should have been for his life. But all in all, it seems reasonable. I mean, he'll be in his 60's when he gets out! He's going to spend what should be his most productive years in prison - won't be much of a life to come out to. I especially like the message the Judge sent to family members who show such disregard for the justice system. I understand they wanted to support SG, but jeez there are far classier and humble ways to go about it. As for RL, I think she's dodged a bullet with SG being locked up. I hope one day she wakes up to realise that - perhaps I'm a bit too optimistic on that though.

Quote: "...He's going to spend what should be his most productive years in prison...".

He is now 40 years old and in his mid-life really. Allegedly he spent the past 20 years of his adult productive years engaged in criminal, violent & anti-social activities, frequenting the high-end nightclub scene in Sydney -according to msm, Court documents and what we have heard from the Trial.

Over the past 20 years of his adult productive years, his behaviour has escalated; he was allegedly being investigated for involvement in methamphetamine dealing around the time he was charged with murder.
He is now a convicted murderer, sentenced to 26 years.

IMO Drug dealers have no regard for the lives of others - just the income drug dealing brings in, so they can support their own lifestyles.

IMO his incarceration is no loss to society. He left several victims along the way. It seems he was only productive in illegal activities for his own self-absorbed interests.

All in my opinion only.

SG was stronger, younger and angrier than the journo.
Lisa was so much smaller than RL.
This now becoming a disrespectful circus.

My daughter was in court last week and noticed Gittany bald and very gray. He looked like an old looser.
But his new teeth were very white!
Rat with a gold tooth.

SG was stronger, younger and angrier than the journo.
Lisa was so much smaller than RL.
This now becoming a disrespectful circus.

I absolutely agree TGY. And it's not including the heightened rage, nor the fact that he may never have lifted her from the floor. He's suffocated her on the way back into the apartment, already in full control of the top part of her body. Just needs to scoop between or below the legs.

Such a re-enactment is a farce.

I absolutely agree TGY. And it's not including the heightened rage, nor the fact that he may never have lifted her from the floor. He's suffocated her on the way back into the apartment, already in full control of the top part of her body. Just needs to scoop between or below the legs.

Such a re-enactment is a farce.

That was my first thought too ICU Nurse.
Silly to suggest he needed to do a dead lift from the floor. (And all this within 69 seconds)
He already had her half-way there.
Plus the factor of increased (natural) adrenaline due to the super rage state he was in.

And whilst on the subject of 69 seconds. Only way that SG didn't continue that removal to the balcony scene, with one hand over her mouth; was that Superman flew in and scooped her up, and for the first time in history, Superman failed in his role of saving someone from evil.
Sound far fetched? After a Diet being fed stuff like Caterpillars causing scratch marks, Then this one of calmly making a coffee for someone who, moments before was screaming for her life;
And those two scenarios have cost a fortune to disprove; I am ready for anything!

Quote: "...He's going to spend what should be his most productive years in prison...".

He is now 40 years old and in his mid-life really. Allegedly he spent the past 20 years of his adult productive years engaged in criminal, violent & anti-social activities, frequenting the high-end nightclub scene in Sydney -according to msm, Court documents and what we have heard from the Trial.

Over the past 20 years of his adult productive years, his behaviour has escalated; he was allegedly being investigated for involvement in methamphetamine dealing around the time he was charged with murder.
He is now a convicted murderer, sentenced to 26 years.

IMO Drug dealers have no regard for the lives of others - just the income drug dealing brings in, so they can support their own lifestyles.

IMO his incarceration is no loss to society. He left several victims along the way. It seems he was only productive in illegal activities for his own self-absorbed interests.

All in my opinion only.

I totally agree. I wasn't thinking that his next 20 years *would* have been productive or of any benefit to the community. For many people its an age to focus on family and career. People can and do settle down at that age after a shady background, but I seriously doubt he would have because of his pathological personality. But from his perspective, he still loses opportunities to make money and relationships no matter how il/legal they would have been. So even though he will eventually get out, the ramifications of spending so long in prison will affect the rest of his life - socially, financially etc. Most of his friends/associates will have forgotten him by then. The punishment goes beyond his time in prison. And I think that's quite appropriate. Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back