Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A VIDEO of killer dad Greg Anderson lashing out at police has been played at the inquest into his son’s death.

Rosie Batty became tearful as video of her abusive ex-partner was shown, displaying for the first time his lack of regard for authority and abusive temperament.

Ms Batty became visibly distressed and started crying and shaking as the video of Anderson, who repeatedly abused her over a number of years before killing Luke, was played in court.

Two lawyers moved to console Ms Batty as she held her head in her hands and seemed unable to continue to watch her son’s killer.

The interview was filmed after police arrested Anderson for threatening to kill Ms Batty in January 2013.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...an-tells-inquest/story-fni0fee2-1227099566794

Those 2 videos were very difficult to watch and listen to. Anderson clearly showing he'd lost his mind, yet the police treat him with kid gloves, almost as a joke. There is a woman and her darling child who are taking the brunt of this man's belligerence, and then finally he kills his son! It's no joke now!!!

When the policeman was talking about 'fairness' to Ms Batty with her complaints about husband's abuse towards her and her son, just makes me ill and very angry. She was not being 'heard', imo. He mentions he's not naive, lol, his words demonstrate that's exactly what he is, jmo.

The system let Ms Batty and her son down. Can't authorities understand once the threats to the mother or in some cases father, fall on deaf ears, the children will then become the target. It's all about hurting the partner any way they can! :banghead:

Greg Anderson was running rings around the police with his *rights* and all the police could do is be as polite and courteous as possible. This is sickening to me. What ever happened to the 'good old No. 9 up the
kyber'!

Look at the vids we've seen & how convincing these physycopaths are because they actually believe they are right.
BEFORE the AVO is set the family in fear should be protected before the perp is released.
I imagine Greg Anderson would have considered killing Rosie but realized killing Luke would hurt Rosie the most.
Absolutely evil, cowardly and premeditated.

I agree. I feel Ms Batty needed solid confirmation that her husband was indeed a very dangerous man, everyone let her down in that regard I feel. She was too close to the situation to assess what was 'normal' anymore. Anderson wanted her to suffer and he succeeded, the :censored: .

Cricket match at Tyabb oval to honour Luke Batty

November 11, 2014

SPORTS stars will join a cricket match to encourage children to return to the park where Luke Batty was murdered by his dad.

Spin king Shane Warne, St Kilda footballers and cricket pals and classmates of 11-year-old Luke will play at the Tyabb sportsground.

Luke’s mum, Rosie, said some children had been so scarred by the tragedy they had stayed away from the oval. But with the old cricket nets replaced and a memorial garden built in Luke’s honour, she hoped they would now return to where he spent many happy hours.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...onour-luke-batty/story-fni0fit3-1227119987753

Arresting Batty dad on *advertiser censored* 'not urgent'
An inquest into the death of Luke Batty, murdered by his father, is expected to resume in Melbourne. Source: AAP
POLICE did not rush to arrest Greg Anderson the week before he murdered his son Luke Batty because he was considered a low risk, an inquest has heard.
ANDERSON killed his 11-year-old son with a cricket bat and knife on February 12 as they played together in the nets at the Tyabb oval in Melbourne after cricket training.
Luke's mother Rosie Batty says she gave Anderson's new address to police looking for him on a child *advertiser censored* charge on February 5.
Detective Senior Constable Andrew Cocking told the inquest into Luke's death he did not immediately arrest Anderson because he regarded him as low risk.
"Quite low in what occurs day to day out in Melbourne," he told the Victorian Coroner's Court on Monday.
"This was not an urgent matter."
Det Sen Const Cocking said another reason he did not rush to arrest Anderson was to prevent exposing Ms Batty as the source of his new address.
He said he had planned to arrest Anderson in the next "week or so".
The inquest continues.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...mes-in-melbourne/story-e6frfku9-1227140400065

Greg Anderson inquest: Police shot Luke Batty's father in self-defence, court told

Police were acting in self-defence when they shot dead the father of Luke Batty after he murdered the 11-year-old, the coroner has been told.

An inquest has begun into the death of Greg Anderson, who killed his son at the Tyabb cricket ground, south-east of Melbourne, in February.

When ambulance officers arrived at the oval after being called to the scene, Anderson did not let them get near his son.

Police tried to subdue him with capsicum spray but when they were unable to, he was shot as he lunged at officers with a knife.

Anderson 'emptied bank account, took knife' before Luke's death

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...-anderson-in-self-defence-court-hears/5957182

Luke Batty inquest told it is 'impossible' to predict if parent is capable of killing child
It is "essentially impossible" to identify the risk factors in determining whether a parent is capable of killing their children, the inquest into the death of schoolboy Luke Batty has been told.

A panel of 11 family violence, judicial and law enforcement experts ?????*experts*????? Then why did Rosie try time and time again to warn them of her fears!!!! please save us from these so called experts!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-05/luke-batty-inquest-predict-if-parent-could-kill-child/5946988

To Luke, my little man, you did not die in vain and will not be forgotten," Ms Batty said moments ago as she dedicated the award to her son.

BREAKING NEWS: Victorian Rosie Batty has been announced as this year’s Australian of the Year. Championing the fight against domestic violence following the tragic loss of 11-year-old son Luke, Rosie has used her story to inspire many other victims of domestic violence.

‪#‎AustraliaDay‬ ‪#‎9News‬

:australia: :australia:

Rosie, your little boy will surely be with you now. Such a proud boy of his brave mother. Much deserved Australian of the Year!

Let's get anger management on the agenda.

I wake today and know a year has already passed since I saw you last. I think of that day a year ago now when we woke, laughed and joked about your hair and how your body was changing.
It was such a hot day and you headed off to school excited to be in Grade 6 and starting the new school year with your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/lukebattyfoundation/posts/1558538427751290

:rose:

I've read a fair chunk of this and it is extremely sad. Flawed people and flawed systems - we are all flawed despite our best intentions and sometimes that has dire consequences.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back